Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Yet some more questions for decius

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
May 09, 2013
Every pet has 6 powers and 6 abilities. However, only 3 of each get unlocked on a maxed pet. My first question is do all first generation pets of the same species have the same 6 powers and abilities, even if different ones randomly get unlocked?

My second question is about hybridization. Traits from both pets get passed down to the hybrid pet. But is there ever a possibility of the hybrid having new abilities that aren't from either parent pet, or is the hybrid strictly a product of its parents?

Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
bluba4 on Jun 5, 2014 wrote:
Every pet has 6 powers and 6 abilities. However, only 3 of each get unlocked on a maxed pet. My first question is do all first generation pets of the same species have the same 6 powers and abilities, even if different ones randomly get unlocked?

My second question is about hybridization. Traits from both pets get passed down to the hybrid pet. But is there ever a possibility of the hybrid having new abilities that aren't from either parent pet, or is the hybrid strictly a product of its parents?
Let's see if I can help answer your question even if I am not Decius :)

1A: Every pet has TEN Powers & TEN Talents. Beginning at age/level 10 you will unlock or manifest the first Talent. At level 20 you unlock a new Power. So it goes alternating between the two when you reach 10th level increments (30 Talent, 40 Power, 50 Talent, 60 Power). As of now since our pets are maxed out at level 65 they DO only unlock 3 Talents & 3 Powers. I would guess it safe to say that once the level caps on our pirates/pets increases then more can be revealed as our pets age.

1B: If a pet is a first generation then it will always have the same Talents/Powers to show up in that slot. I can prove this because I have been able to see every slot that has manifested on my TCP pets (Deathstalker Scorpion, Spiny Serpent, Scrimshaw Dragon), as well as my Orchid Chameleon, Ebon Spectre, White-Tailed Jackalope, Celestial Dragon, & Imperial Lion because I have so many of them spaced on several pirates and/or accounts.

When I look at a Spiny Serpent I can see that all the Power/Talent Ranks (Common, Uncommon, Rare, Ultra-Rare, & Epic) are all placed in the same slot across every pet regardless of what they have unlocked. I can also see that even if 3 different Serpents all manifested Cheap Shot 1 that it was always in the same slot (T#1). You can check this out yourself by either looking at duplicate pets that you possess, going to the Petnome Pirates website (we only deal with first generation pets :) ), or even comparing your pets against your friends or those who wish to morph. Remember also that a First Generation pet will have a designated pedigree for that particular type of pet!

2: This may not be accurate because Morphing is new to P101. However, if it is like hatching in W101 then the laws of breeding should be the same & this is my understanding:

1st Generation pet traits (random words):

Mother Father Child (2nd Generation)
1. First 1. Uno 1.First
2. Second 2. Dos 2.Second
3. Third 3. Tres 3.Tres
4. Fourth 4. Quatro 4.Fourth
5. Fifth 5. Cinco 5.Cinco
6. Sixth 6. Seis 6.Seis
7. Seventh 7. Siete 7.Siete
8. Eighth 8. Ocho 8. Eighth
9. Ninth 9. Nueve 9.Nueve
10. Tenth 10. Diez 10.Tenth

You see the child got 50/50 from the parents; 5 from the mother 5 from the father. Though they did get 10 Traits only 3 will show up. In this case we'll say it's #s 3, 7 & 8.

Now you wish to Morph the Child pet with someone else's pet. That person has (in order slots 1-10) 1 Brown, 2 Green, 3 Yellow, 4 Orange, 5 Purple, 6 Blue, 7 Black, 8 Pink, 9 White, & 10 Red. Only slots 1, 5, & 10 manifested.

The now 3rd Generation Child has
1 Brown
2 Second
3 Tres
4 Green
5 Purple
6 Blue
7 Siete
8 Eighth
9 Nueve
10 Red

THIS child is trained up and gets Green, Purple, and Nueve. Even though those weren't shown in either of the parents, they were still passed down to the child. All the way from the first Generation parent. The further the generations the less they share.

Hope this helps some!

~SM~

Lieutenant
May 09, 2013
Alright, your response does help in some ways. I forgot there were 10 powers and abilities not 6. However, your response made me think of a follow-up question. Say you morph 2 pets together. The first pet is a first generation pet like the AV that has riposte and relentless. But say the second pet is a second generation pet with one of the parents being another AV. If both the first generation and second generation pet have riposte and relentless (even if it is hidden on the second generation pet), is it possible for the hybrid to have relentless 2 and riposte 2? Or can you only have one of each trait if it comes from the same first generation pet? The answer to this will greatly affect how I morph...

And a follow-up question if you can only get 1 relentless from an AV. If that is the case, what if you morph an ebon spectre with an AV? Then can you get relentless 2 because the relentless came from 2 different parents? Or can a pet only have one relentless no matter what?