Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Overpowered Practice Match Pets

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
So I have one of those ostriches you get in the beginning, and his only epic is repel boarders, and it only gets one chance to use it per round! Meanwhile, the enemy has both first strike and vengeance strike, and attacks 3 times per round. When I am fighting as my pirate, my enemies are always lower levels than me! My pet loses almost every time!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
AndrewDeathblade11... on Jun 2, 2014 wrote:
So I have one of those ostriches you get in the beginning, and his only epic is repel boarders, and it only gets one chance to use it per round! Meanwhile, the enemy has both first strike and vengeance strike, and attacks 3 times per round. When I am fighting as my pirate, my enemies are always lower levels than me! My pet loses almost every time!
Once you grow your pet up and train him more abilities will be at his disposal.

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 2, 2014 wrote:
Once you grow your pet up and train him more abilities will be at his disposal.
He's a high level and most of his talents are not epics

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Sounds like you should try your hand at the morphing tent and work on getting a pet with better potential.

When you fight me in a practice match I can use any of the pets in the Circus Maximus stables. Note that there are more pets out there than are in my stable.

All of my pets though will be selected to be as even as possible to the pets you bring into the arena. But if you are playing against another pirate they may have much different stats and powers than you.

Happy Sparing!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
AndrewDeathblade11... on Jun 2, 2014 wrote:
He's a high level and most of his talents are not epics
Sounds like it's time to do some morphing with a pet that has better stuff so the hatchling has a chance for them. Morphing is how to improve them.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Competitively, I don't think the ostrich is ever going to amount to much. Its purpose is to introduce us to the system. They are cute, though.

-Indigo