Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Goldmine struck from companion lootin' task!

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
So after weeks of sending companions on their lootin' tasks and only receiving 550-650 gold per companion, Zeena finally "hit a goldmine" for her Captain. I am sure many of you may have already hit one but I wanted to show verification that the "goldmine" is out there, for those that have not seen it. Zeena brought back 30,000 gold but there may be even big "goldmines" to be found. I wasn't expecting it all so I didn't get the screenshot from the second the 30,000 showed on screen- plus it went right to "Reissuing Orders". So I just got a shot from the Chat/Confirmation Log.

So, tharrr be gold in them tharrr tasks....real gold mind ye!

Here's a link to the screenshot on Central

Good luck on striking a goldmine of your own!

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
ValkoorTheVictorio... on May 29, 2014 wrote:
So after weeks of sending companions on their lootin' tasks and only receiving 550-650 gold per companion, Zeena finally "hit a goldmine" for her Captain. I am sure many of you may have already hit one but I wanted to show verification that the "goldmine" is out there, for those that have not seen it. Zeena brought back 30,000 gold but there may be even big "goldmines" to be found. I wasn't expecting it all so I didn't get the screenshot from the second the 30,000 showed on screen- plus it went right to "Reissuing Orders". So I just got a shot from the Chat/Confirmation Log.

So, tharrr be gold in them tharrr tasks....real gold mind ye!

Here's a link to the screenshot on Central

Good luck on striking a goldmine of your own!
:( I can't see the image. Congratulations though

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Yes, my WD was the amazed and very happy captain of a 'goldmine' from one of her crew. 30,000 gold! I nearly passed out. It DOES happen, but its rare.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Rachel Dreamsong on May 30, 2014 wrote:
:( I can't see the image. Congratulations though
Thank you Rachel.

Yeah, it's a shame that unless you are a member of Central- you can't view some of the images posted in the threads/posts....or at least not the full screen version of them. If you are a member you get a much better view. It's not anything major to see, there's no actual pile of treasure or goldmine- just the words "Received 30000 gold". I mainly put the screenshot in the post to show verification for the wiki masters and to any fellow player out there that was beginning to dismiss the idea of Companions "hitting a goldmine" even being possible.

Thanks again for the Congrats and good luck with your crew "striking it rich".

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Interesting - I had not heard about the gold mines, so thanks for posting.

Mostly I send my crew out pet wrangling. I suppose the equivalent of a gold mine there is finding an egg (rare, but possible). I wonder if there is an equivalent "gold mine" for all of the tasks.

-Indigo

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Indigo Ring on May 30, 2014 wrote:
Interesting - I had not heard about the gold mines, so thanks for posting.

Mostly I send my crew out pet wrangling. I suppose the equivalent of a gold mine there is finding an egg (rare, but possible). I wonder if there is an equivalent "gold mine" for all of the tasks.

-Indigo
You are welcome Indigo. I had also wondered about the "gold mine" being possible for other tasks as well, especially the scavengin'.

Mainly because, all that I receive from scavengin' is gear that is inferior to what we can get from just the average Aquilian battle and/or Bazaar. Sure, lot's of it has the "Level 60+ Tag" on it to trick us into thinking that we got something really good- and we can always sell it, but where's the "rush of excitement" that comes from that?

I would really like it if while scavengin', one of our companions could bring back an "ultra rare" No Auction piece of gear, every long once in a while. Who knows maybe someone will strike that "gold mine" as well- if it does exist.

Also, I don't know if many are aware of this, but each class "specializes" in one of the Companion Tasks. I sure wasn't at first, until I did some "investigating" by resetting several class companions quite a few times. Not sure if you followed the link in the original post, but here's what I found out, in case you or others didn't.

BUCCANEERS = BRAWLER- can train to Rank 3, producing 25% more companion XP during BRAWLIN'
MUSKETEERS = CANNONEER- can train to Rank 3, bringing in 25% more Naut. XP from SAILIN'
PRIVATEERS = PET WRANGLER- can train to Rank 2, 15% faster completion while PET WRANGLIN'
SWASHBUCKLERS = PLUNDERER- can train to Rank 3, brings in 25% more gold from PLUNDERIN'
WITCHDOCTORS = SCAVENGER- can train to Rank 3, 25% faster collecting from SCAVENGIN'

*** I believe that all classes can train to Rank 3 of the SCRAPPER talent- I have only trained Scrapper for purposes of testing this during resets, and then reset again without scrapper trained. I don't actually have any companions trained in the Scrapper talent.

Like I stated, at first I was totally oblivious to this and perhaps it had been mentioned elsewhere...but I surely missed it. I just thought that some random companions could acquire multiple ranks of the Companion Tasks and that it wasn't class affiliated.

By assigning each class companions you deem as "task worthy" (or "battle unworthy") to the appropriate task, you will see optimum results. I don't think that by doing this, you in any way increase the odds of hitting the so-called "gold mines", for Plunderin' or other Tasks, but at least it will allow your Companions to be as efficient and lucrative as possible while carrying out their tasks.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Thank you, Valkoor, you're always imformative. I didn't know that information, and it will help us all!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
anecorbie on Jun 1, 2014 wrote:
Thank you, Valkoor, you're always imformative. I didn't know that information, and it will help us all!
You are quite welcome Esperanza.

I was unaware of it myself until I started "toying around" while resetting (after the free resets) some of my companions that I knew I wanted to designate to tasks. I thought it was odd at first that some could receive multiple ranks in some of the Task Talents, but some could not. Then I began to notice a couple of common themes and soon came an "A-HA" moment, followed by a "GREAT GATSBY!!", ending with a "HOLY CANOLI"- when it all made a little more sense. (There was also a "1.21 GIGAWATTS! 1.21 GIGAWATTS! GREAT SCOTT", moment but I wasn't sure if many would get the movie reference).

Unfortunately, the whole process drained Valkoor's vault account and left him with no mighty morphing money. But, alas, I had been looking for other ways to spend some of that hard earned gold anyways....and it may have helped someone in the process- SUCCESS!

Anything that I ever come across that I think may help my fellow pirates, you can surely bet I will be a sharin'.