Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Dungeon Resetting.

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
I was doing Sato on my level 50 privateer. On the 4th floor, i sadly died. But, knowing that there was a 30 minute timer before it reset, i quickly went afk for 10 minutes, came back to see i was still logged into the game, and then went into sato. Then, a pirate without even asking joined me at the sigil in the last second. So, when i entered into the dungeon, it said i had to defeat the yakooze lieutennant at the first floor, meaning i had went into the session of the pirate who'd joined. I knew this was wrong, so i went out of it immediately, found a different realm where he wasn't bugging me, and went into sato. I'm not sure how, but it said i had to start from the beggining by defeating the yakooza lieutennant. I checked and i didn't go past 30 minutes, so i don't understand why i can't go to the 4th floor like i'm meant to be. Is it because of the person who joined? Is this a bug? It's really frustrating, as just for losing i have to do 3 battles that i've already done.

Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
Unfortunately for you this isn't a bug or glitch, but rather a mechanic that has existed since wizard101. Even though there is a timer, your dungeon will reset if you switch realms, or someone joins when re-entering the dungeon so that the new person doesn't get to skip most of the necessary battles and head straight for the main boss.

My suggestion is to try placing a marker once your inside the dungeon so that if you die you can teleport straight back into it. I'm not sure this will work in pirate101, but this method generally works for me when playing the Aquila dungeons in Wizard101.

Other than that, use your experience here with dungeon resetting as an aid when farming dungeon bosses.

I hope I've helped and that you have fun in the spiral .

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
King Crimson on May 31, 2014 wrote:
Unfortunately for you this isn't a bug or glitch, but rather a mechanic that has existed since wizard101. Even though there is a timer, your dungeon will reset if you switch realms, or someone joins when re-entering the dungeon so that the new person doesn't get to skip most of the necessary battles and head straight for the main boss.

My suggestion is to try placing a marker once your inside the dungeon so that if you die you can teleport straight back into it. I'm not sure this will work in pirate101, but this method generally works for me when playing the Aquila dungeons in Wizard101.

Other than that, use your experience here with dungeon resetting as an aid when farming dungeon bosses.

Good tips except you are right in your guess, you cannot leave a mark inside a dungeon in Pirate101.

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
King Crimson on May 31, 2014 wrote:

Thanks, i'll be sure to watch out for anyone sneaky meaning to troll me at the last second. When i find that pirate who wasted an hour of my Pirate101 Life, i'll be sure to send my El Toro on him.

Merciless Cass Spencer, 54