Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Privateer still attacking with Strength?

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
In the update notes i remember reading "Privateers will now attack with will in order to use their high will properly" or something like that. But now, i still use strength to attack on my privateer. Is this a bug?

Developer
DeathWiz101378 on May 28, 2014 wrote:
In the update notes i remember reading "Privateers will now attack with will in order to use their high will properly" or something like that. But now, i still use strength to attack on my privateer. Is this a bug?
It's not a bug, and the notes should have been more clear.

Privateer companions (who don't use equipment) will use their highest stat-- usually Will-- to attack.

Privateer players will use whatever stat your weapon requires. If you equip a pistol, you'll use your AGI. If you equip a wand or staff, you'll use your WILL. And if you equip a sword, you'll use your STR.

If you equip a combo weapon (for example, wand and pistol), you'll use either WILL or AGI (whichever is higher).

Lieutenant
May 09, 2009
Hey!
I believe that was aimed at privateer companions. Characters still use strength for attacks.

Administrator
DeathWiz101378 on May 28, 2014 wrote:
Ahh yes, perhaps there was a misunderstanding Pirate! The Update Note does say, "Privateer companions may now use Will to attack, to properly benefit from their high Will."

If it is listed somewhere else that is confusing, please let us know and we'll get that fixed!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
Ah, ok. That clears things up. But why do Privateer companions like Grace have access to training strong and agile but not spirited, when they are using will instead of strength or agility?