Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pet versus pet frustrations?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Feb 01, 2011
Okay, I think I understand how the pet vs. pet system works...but I can't seem to win! I've been doing practice matches, and when I check the stats at the end of the match, my pet and the practice pet are evenly matched in every way. I'm hitting the 'cheer' button when it's 'greenest'...but I've lost like seven matches in a row!

With all other things being equal, I'd think that I'd win at least once or twice out of six matches. I admit I've always hated (HATED!) player vs. player...I just don't seem to have a knack for it, and this pet vs. pet thing seems to be no different for me. So...other than the 'greenest' button thing (and advancing the pets, of course), anyone have any advice? I don't see any other way to control or affect the matches other than cheering, and I've gotten epic cheers and then immediately got hit and died, so I don't think cheering is helping really.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
galliard1 on May 21, 2014 wrote:
Okay, I think I understand how the pet vs. pet system works...but I can't seem to win! I've been doing practice matches, and when I check the stats at the end of the match, my pet and the practice pet are evenly matched in every way. I'm hitting the 'cheer' button when it's 'greenest'...but I've lost like seven matches in a row!

With all other things being equal, I'd think that I'd win at least once or twice out of six matches. I admit I've always hated (HATED!) player vs. player...I just don't seem to have a knack for it, and this pet vs. pet thing seems to be no different for me. So...other than the 'greenest' button thing (and advancing the pets, of course), anyone have any advice? I don't see any other way to control or affect the matches other than cheering, and I've gotten epic cheers and then immediately got hit and died, so I don't think cheering is helping really.
Well now that some time has passed and training has happened, are your pets trained up? Those blue bars really need to be as full as possible to give your pet a chance. The guts, guile and grit are what gives you the boost you need to get that right hand cheer bar filled. Once it is full you can then use one of your card hits on the other pets. The pet training guide on Duelist101 really helped me to understand what was going on. Stars of the Spiral has a great one too. Give them a read and see if it helps you too.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
One other thing that I know I needed to do for my pets was to raise their stats (Will, Strength, Agility) and especially increase their Health. I kept losing matches because my Pet's Health was too low.

Also, as Chrissy said, increase their Guts, Guile, and Grit which will help your Cheer ability. Also, when you can, feed your Pets snacks that they Love or Like (Love preferred) since that increases your Pets Power which increases your Cheer ability. I recommend the following 3 steps: 1) increase Guile to the max, 2) next increase Grit to max while keeping Guile as close to max without going over and 3) last increase Guts to max while keeping Guile and Grit as close to max without going over. This worked for me since my Pets were usually in medium to low Health part way through the match which is what Guile and Grit are for.

The Energy seems to fully recover in about a 12 hour period.

This works especially well for my Pirates that are not questing which means their Pirates can be out on orders and their Pets in training.