Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New Turtle Mount?

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I just spotted a sky turtle mount! The player was a level 8 witchdoctor named Sophia and she would not friend me. Her name glitched in the first shot with the mount in it. I tried to check her stats to see what it was called but they came up showing she had nothing equipped.
I checked all the cards and none have such a mount. It is not in the crown shop either. Has anyone seen this and how to get one?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on May 15, 2014 wrote:
I just spotted a sky turtle mount! The player was a level 8 witchdoctor named Sophia and she would not friend me. Her name glitched in the first shot with the mount in it. I tried to check her stats to see what it was called but they came up showing she had nothing equipped.
I checked all the cards and none have such a mount. It is not in the crown shop either. Has anyone seen this and how to get one?
Ooh, now that is fantastic and extremely intriguing. Who wouldn't want a Sky Turtle Mount- such graceful and lovable creatures that they are. I have not seen any out there yet.......but you can bet I will keep my eyes peeled .

Being that there was no interaction or viewable stats, I wonder if that person was affiliated with KI and was just giving us a taste of things to come, along with doing some testing/researching....very, very interesting. Now, I've just gotta know...and just gotta know how to get one of my own!

Administrator
Aha! How very interesting! I haven't seen that rare breed since Spiral Date 415093 . . . of course that version of the Turtle Mount was much bigger and had to be removed.

In fact, I believe the exact patch note was, "Said goodbye to the oversized Turtle Mount in the Crown Shop. We’ll continue to evaluate this mount and you may see it again in the future in a different variation."

Wherever could this have come from? Sounds like you'll have fun with this detective work!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
One-Eyed Jack on May 15, 2014 wrote:
Aha! How very interesting! I haven't seen that rare breed since Spiral Date 415093 . . . of course that version of the Turtle Mount was much bigger and had to be removed.

In fact, I believe the exact patch note was, "Said goodbye to the oversized Turtle Mount in the Crown Shop. We’ll continue to evaluate this mount and you may see it again in the future in a different variation."

Wherever could this have come from? Sounds like you'll have fun with this detective work!
Aarrghhh! C' mon OEJ, enough mystery! Give us the facts, Jack!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013

Why you Rascally Rabbit.....now I just gotta know that much more.

Hmmm, Spiral Date 415093, so........that would put me as a just a wee dink of a lad, snuggled up in me mumsie's warm and comforting embrace as we braved the perilous waters in a rickety ol' raft as we attempted to escape the oppressions of the mainland..............Oh, wait you're probably only meaning from a year or two ago.

Sorry, I went off on a wild tangent....I was never that great at Geometry.

Now, I have no other choice but to follow the white rabbit down the rabbit hole.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012

And queue the dun dun dun!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

"Wherever could this have come from? Sounds like you'll have fun with this detective work!"
Gahhhhhh *Reaches for Veritaserun and starts tip toeing around*

Captain
Dec 11, 2010

Hmm? Could you be hinting us towards possible a Bundle perhaps?

Also
*puts detective hat on*

I am on the case! The case of the mysterious flying turtle!

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ok, if the note on the turtle mount was that long ago - was it in the beta version? I know Wizard101 had it in the crown shop, then it was retired last year. Is it possible that a pet could grow so large that it morphs into a mount? Then how could a 8th lvl pirate have one? You got me wearing my thinking cap, OEJ!

Developer
It was such a long time ago. I bet Jack could remember if he had...

<whips off glasses>

Turtle Recall.

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ratbeard on May 16, 2014 wrote:

<whips off glasses>

Turtle Recall.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

<whips off glasses>

Turtle Recall.

LOL Oh that is brilliant Well done and thank you once more for the delighted giggles.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013

<whips off glasses>

Turtle Recall.

"Get to the Tuuuurrrttle"- oh sorry, wrong Ahhhnold or Arrrnold movie.

Here we go......"C-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-h-a-a-a-a-a-g-e-n-n-n!!!!"

Well done, nice one Ratbeard

Rats, why didn't I think of that!

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Argghh ! Now me pirates are green with envy,with that player. I want a sky turtle mount also.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Monkrinx2024 on May 18, 2014 wrote:
Argghh ! Now me pirates are green with envy,with that player. I want a sky turtle mount also.
Yeah, we just HAVE to get to the bottom of this!

Calling all pirates, grab your hair accoutrement - it's time to comb the Spiral for that amazing mount! We need answers, pronto!

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
I saw someone on a Turtle Mount the other night. She said that she got it in a fight but couldn't remember where. When I looked at her stats, I found that it was called a 'Sky Turtle Mount'. Since she was a level 65 player, my guess is that it was gotten in Aquila (sort of makes sense - Aquila being water and Turtles like water).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Helpful Pirate on May 18, 2014 wrote:
I saw someone on a Turtle Mount the other night. She said that she got it in a fight but couldn't remember where. When I looked at her stats, I found that it was called a 'Sky Turtle Mount'. Since she was a level 65 player, my guess is that it was gotten in Aquila (sort of makes sense - Aquila being water and Turtles like water).
Aw, she didn't remember? How could anyone forget getting a mount? ( Was she a blonde? oops sorry! ) *
If she got it in Aquila, it would have been recent enough to have ' turtle recall '. I figure Mooshu is more likely, as the place abounds in sky turtles.

* I'm not a blonde, but I play one in Pirate101!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Ok, so I came across this thread on Central where it says that a Sky Turtle Mount was dropped by Friar Sand in MooShu. So, maybe he is not the only MooShu boss that drops it and perhaps there are other, different mounts out there in other worlds....let's hope so and good luck!

*** Justifiably so, the speed of the Sky Turtle Mount is only Normal, but still- pretty great for at least putting on display!

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Hmmm intriguing, good research me friend.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Guess what I got while farming the Friar last night
A two lock group plunder chest showed up after a fight and this beauty was in it.
He, or she, I haven't decided yet has a delightful idle and adores playing Hide & Seek.
There is no looking back now as I have solved the DUN DUN DUN Mystery

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on May 19, 2014 wrote:
Ok, so I came across this thread on Central where it says that a Sky Turtle Mount was dropped by Friar Sand in MooShu. So, maybe he is not the only MooShu boss that drops it and perhaps there are other, different mounts out there in other worlds....let's hope so and good luck!

*** Justifiably so, the speed of the Sky Turtle Mount is only Normal, but still- pretty great for at least putting on display!
Bosses droping mounts? ! This would make them not rare but Ultra Rare, even more rare than Technomage's Goggles! * sigh * and I have such lousey luck in farming

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on May 20, 2014 wrote:
Guess what I got while farming the Friar last night
A two lock group plunder chest showed up after a fight and this beauty was in it.
He, or she, I haven't decided yet has a delightful idle and adores playing Hide & Seek.
There is no looking back now as I have solved the DUN DUN DUN Mystery
Oh lucky, lucky you! I'm very happy for you, Chrissy ( you DO deserve it ) What are you doing tonight? or any night?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
anecorbie on May 21, 2014 wrote:
Oh lucky, lucky you! I'm very happy for you, Chrissy ( you DO deserve it ) What are you doing tonight? or any night?
Thank you ever so kindly. Where else would I be In the game of course lol.

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
I wonder what other bosses got new drops... maybe there are several bosses with some surprise drops :D