Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Question about training of companions

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Apr 27, 2012
If I train several companions on the same thing, such as gold accumulation or nautical experience, do I get more of that benefit?

Petty Officer
Apr 27, 2012
Does anyone know what happens if I train several companions on the same benefit such as "sailin" or getting gold? Do I get the benefit quicker or more of the benefit.?

Developer
I'm not sure I understand your question but I will try.

If you mean assigning multiple companions to the same task, for most tasks, it actually takes longer. You are better off spreading your companions around to different tasks instead of loading them all up with the same orders.

However, of course, having more companions assigned to the same task means that when you collect, you'll be collecting from more companions.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
sandy20850 on May 15, 2014 wrote:
Does anyone know what happens if I train several companions on the same benefit such as "sailin" or getting gold? Do I get the benefit quicker or more of the benefit.?
Hello Sandy! In my experiences so far, the more companions you have assigned on a certain task the longer it takes for new ones assigned to the same task to complete it. Every time you add one to the same task, it will take longer for the next assigned one. Boochbeard will even chime in with a warning that your crew is too focused and that you should spread out their tasks for better efficiency.

The 'problem' (I really don't mind at all) I have encountered is that with 3 pages of maxed companions, 167 companion training points and maxed Nautical Level- the task options available are limited. I can only choose between Plunderin', Scavengin', Brawlin', and Pet' Wranglin'. Actually, I could also choose Scrappin' (sorry if that's the wrong word), but I would rather not with a lot of options of max companions available and not much threat of losing any companions in battle. So, I don't have much of a choice but to be "too focused", that is if I want a lot of my crew out earning their keep.

Now, I haven't paid as much attention to whether the amount of gold increases or decreases based on the amount of companions assigned. But I do know that I have about 3 or 4 max level companions assigned to 'Plundering' and they usually bring in about 500-600 gold- each one, each time.

I have a couple assigned to Plunderin' and Scavengin' and the 4 or 5 that are not maxed are doing Brawlin', so that they can level themselves up without having to use any tomes.I have the majority of my crew doing Pet Wranglin' because even with 20+ it takes less than an hour for them to complete the tasks and I am so wanting to see what Snacks, Gear and possible Eggs/Pets are out there.

Hope this helps and if I notice any other tendencies influenced by the amount of companions performing the same task(s), I will surely post them!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Actually, Sandy I was wrong in my last post- I double checked and I have 18 companions assigned to Pet Wranglin' tasks and the last one that I assigned takes 4 hours and 40 minutes to complete the task. A bit more than the just under 1 hour time that I thought, but a whole lot less then the day(s) that it can take for some of the other tasks.

Developer
Valkoor is spot on. That's a very thorough answer.

You have three pages of maxxed out companions, you say?

That should be enough for what I have in store for you... probably.

<insert evil ratty nickering here>

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Ratbeard on May 15, 2014 wrote:

YIIIIIIIIIIIIIKKESSS!!!!

Take it easy, please take it easy as I only have 2 and 2/3 pages of maxed companions- does that make a difference or might that take some of the heat off whatever may be up your sleeves. GEEESHH, once again I have opened up my big mouth a bit too far........Boots of the Valiant have been properly inserted!

Actually on second thought, bring it on- my crew loves a good challenge.......but still, take it easy- just not too easy!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

PROBABLY
Lol just love the Evil Ratty Nickering.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

I, too have 3 or more pages of maxed companions, so bring it on Ratbeard! My crew and I are up for ANY challenge ( especially now that KI has so generously alowed a free reset to companions )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on May 16, 2014 wrote:
YIIIIIIIIIIIIIKKESSS!!!!

Take it easy, please take it easy as I only have 2 and 2/3 pages of maxed companions- does that make a difference or might that take some of the heat off whatever may be up your sleeves. GEEESHH, once again I have opened up my big mouth a bit too far........Boots of the Valiant have been properly inserted!

Actually on second thought, bring it on- my crew loves a good challenge.......but still, take it easy- just not too easy!
LOL Oh thank you Valkoor for once again causing me to totally laugh out loud and getting the weirdest looks from my Sis.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on May 16, 2014 wrote:
LOL Oh thank you Valkoor for once again causing me to totally laugh out loud and getting the weirdest looks from my Sis.
You are quite welcome Chrissy.

I'm all about causing others to receive weird looks....or is it causing others to look weird?
Either way, glad you got a good chuckle out of it!