Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Worst Boss Ever

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 16, 2008
So we've seen some topics about good and bad companions, but the bosses should get some love. To me, a very terrible boss is General Tso all because of his pet. You would think you get to fight Tso himself, but nope. Get to his pet, and then it ends. The amount of time to get to it is mind boggling, and when you do almost all of your companions are dead. I'm not sure if I'm terrible at it, but I wasn't soloing. I needed a second person, and even then it was hard.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
genericpirate786 on Apr 27, 2014 wrote:
So we've seen some topics about good and bad companions, but the bosses should get some love. To me, a very terrible boss is General Tso all because of his pet. You would think you get to fight Tso himself, but nope. Get to his pet, and then it ends. The amount of time to get to it is mind boggling, and when you do almost all of your companions are dead. I'm not sure if I'm terrible at it, but I wasn't soloing. I needed a second person, and even then it was hard.
Oh yes, he's the baddest boss ever! Well next to some others you'll meet in Port Regal ( Fort Beagle ) and Aquila ! I don't want to spoil the surprise, so I'll say nothing more. But, yes, I had a terrible time with Gen. Tso, and not just most of my companions died there but all of them! and I was down to the last shreds of health before I got to that chicken ( sweet and sour, anyone? )

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
Could be your approach in the battle that may have set you back. I don't usually encounter problems in that dungeon, at least, not when I was on that quest. But hey, practice makes perfect right?

Anyways, I think the worst boss is the Hydra, simply because of the grueling battle one must go through. And after finally defeating the Hydra, only one measly chest drops out of the tens of Hydra heads you had to slay. Really kills my vibe after a 20-30 minute battle against him.

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
Buck Bronco takes it for me. I mean, he ran away from literally every situation that was upon him. We had to chase him for hours in one of the most tedious dungeons in game. And when we did fight him, he ran AGAIN. He's probably the most pathetic boss in all of Pirate101, and it took forever to complete.

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
really? i thought it was one of the easier fights. in fact, you only have to actually kill one of the guys, any of them surrounding the chicken, then you are home free.

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
if you want my opinion of the worst boss, my opionion is deacon. it took me several tries to get to him, and even when you do he has abominably high health and defense. if you dont get to him early, you will literally drown in a sea of clockworks.
Matthew Walker 19
Matthew Walker 65
Sly Sloan Silver 65

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
As the closure adventure to a book, I think the General Tso is a most worthy instance. This is the big villain you have been hearing about almost since the beginning of Mooshu, so you know going up against him is going to be dangerous and challenging. You go through a number of defenses that you would expect from a powerful warlord, and learn more sobering news about his allies on the way.

As a powerful enemy, is expected he will have a surprise, and this gives a twist on the fight. His surprise (besides his very powerful and inimical ally) is that he is invulnerable. We've been up against villains too big to handle before, and we have dealt with them in various ways. One way is simply the need to run instead of fight (Deacon in Port Regal), but that was a 'trap' scenario. General Tso is a classic 'showdown', which we have faced before with Deacon in Cool Ranch (sheer desperation), the Duck of Death (planning! for the major battle), and the similar type of invulnerability of the Duck of Death that we find General Tso possesses.

So, our battle-worn captains and loyal companions finally face the enemy -- only to find that the enemy can not be defeated! What are they going to do? Well, certainly not surrender and lay down their arms. Unlike the Duck of Death, there are no blessed weapons to take into the conflict (and they might not work anyway). We need to come up with another way, and fortunately Ratbeard takes in the environment and realizes a way to achieve victory (and a playful joke for the player). It is a battle hard-won, but the best battles are. And while General Tso is forced to surrender, he is still out there, which could be interesting in the future.

Now, what I would like to know is a) whether the globes of invulnerability on the Duck of Death & General Tso are the same, and b) where did they get them? Is it a coincidence that their allies were high ranking personel of the supposedly magic-hating Armada? Will we ever find out??

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
If it was challenging and took some time then perhaps it was a worthy boss fight. Most of the time you kill the boss in two rounds or so and all the minions just die and the battle ends too. What there needs to be is balance between the skills of the enemy and the skills of the pirates. Battles should increase in difficulty as you level up and the bosses should become smarter and stronger. The point of a boss is that they should be a more challenging fight not something that can be killed in two rounds or less.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Ensign
Jul 16, 2008
Blixet on Apr 27, 2014 wrote:
if you want my opinion of the worst boss, my opionion is deacon. it took me several tries to get to him, and even when you do he has abominably high health and defense. if you dont get to him early, you will literally drown in a sea of clockworks.
Matthew Walker 19
Matthew Walker 65
Sly Sloan Silver 65
Actually, I beat Deacon on my second try. It's easy for me since I went after him with the PC and El Toro, and had Black Angus and Iago break barrels and hold the rest off. Now, Anne, Tso was immune to attacks because of the power he was implied to have. English Bill, however, might get an explanation. Durante, bosses aren't terrible for how difficult they are, it's how steep the difficulty curve is and if the battle was fun in the end. Again, using Tso as an example, the difficulty curve was too steep with the amount of enemies, their abilities, and how you win. Beating the boss and only the boss makes sense once you think about it. You need to get to your goal as fast as you can.