Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Theory: Captain Avery is Kane

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 10, 2009
Hello all, I'm here to share my theory that Captain Avery is Kane in disguise. I know, I know, it sounds crazy. But let's look at some facts.

First off, watch the first Armada puppet show over again. Notice Kane's hat. Now look at Captain Avery's hat. Small detail, but looks legit.
Second, notice Avery's first "gift" to you. A raft. I mean, he's a pirate, sure, but you did something big for him and he gives you a raft. I mean, come on! At least give us a skiff.
Then he sends you into Monquista to set up trade, but it seems like he would have known that the crown and government would be "challenged" for lack of a better term.
He also knows quite a bit about the Armada, considering the fact that he never leaves his house.

I know, I don't have many facts or evidence, but frankly, I think my Theory could be true. Then again, maybe some storyline I missed is in place, as my highest level is 23... but, from what I've seen, it could be true.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Sh4rpBlade15 on Apr 22, 2014 wrote:
Hello all, I'm here to share my theory that Captain Avery is Kane in disguise. I know, I know, it sounds crazy. But let's look at some facts.

First off, watch the first Armada puppet show over again. Notice Kane's hat. Now look at Captain Avery's hat. Small detail, but looks legit.
Second, notice Avery's first "gift" to you. A raft. I mean, he's a pirate, sure, but you did something big for him and he gives you a raft. I mean, come on! At least give us a skiff.
Then he sends you into Monquista to set up trade, but it seems like he would have known that the crown and government would be "challenged" for lack of a better term.
He also knows quite a bit about the Armada, considering the fact that he never leaves his house.

I know, I don't have many facts or evidence, but frankly, I think my Theory could be true. Then again, maybe some storyline I missed is in place, as my highest level is 23... but, from what I've seen, it could be true.
Welcome to the message boards Sh4rpBlade15. Interesting theory. I am sure you either have Blind Mew groaning at another "Kane is human theory" or cackling at another colorful rabbit trail he has got you on. At least he has got you thinking about it enough to get you to post here and for that we are grateful. Welcome.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I would love to know more about Captain Avery's actions during the Polarian War, all we know from his rogue's gallery is that he got so rich from the war he was able to buy an entire skyway! He knows about the Armada, because he was there, when they were used by the Valencians ( which means, I think, that Avery was fighting on the Valencian side. ) He tell us that Kane is the first of the clockworks, that he's "faster, stronger and smarter than any living being." Perhaps he has even met Kane?

Lieutenant
Jan 19, 2014
If Blind Mew actually green-light the idea that Captain Avery is Kane, I can't wait to see the most outrageous cover-up he managed to pull off.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010

But remember that Avery's Court is a safe haven for Pirates. If he really was Kane then he wouldn't give you a moment to escape the Armada again. About the whole "raft" thing it is very possible he was just being the tricky pirate he is. Not to mention he actually was the one who sent you on the journey in the first place, despite him getting something in return he is actually aiding his enemy if he was Kane by making the one he will fear stronger. (Remember the class trainers are part of his crew)

Also there is one solid piece of evidence pointing to him not being Kane.

The Jade Falcon side quest line, if he was really Kane then he could have easily got his treasure back without asking for your help.

Also it doesn't take an Armada Leader to know about the Armada (Otherwise we wouldn't know anything about the Armada) so there is a flaw in your theory.

:D so I say
OBJECTION! and that the evidence points to Avery not being Kane.

Petty Officer
May 18, 2013

You know now that I think of it he wants us to gather all the pieces to El Dorado why can't he fight or at least be an allie and help us get the pieces also he only sent us after Captain Gunn's treasure only for one map piece that Catbeard lost to a bet with Captain Gunn also why are we going threw alot just to get pieces we can just go and sneak into Valencia and steal the pieces from the Armada or leave pieces of paper behind so they won't notice we have the whole map it's that simple plus we can build a whole army and fight the Armada for justice and when we get to El Dorado we meet a new enemy the Armada is old already they've been alive for a lot because they're puppets and there is something funny the only world they've never visited has been so far Aquila mysterious.

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
In the puppet show it shows a slight change in captain Avery's and Kane's hat and outfit
So Avery might be Kane in disguise
-romantic rebbeca ivring

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
Commodore
Jan 17, 2013

yeesh, i never thought of that . spooky

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
I would have to say that the similarities of the hats are simply because both Kane and Avery are fashion-conscious. They both favor the look of high-ranking military gentlemen, and all that goes with it. And in the historic world of the 'Age of Pirates', appearance was very, very critical in measuring your place in society.

As far as the raft goes, that is Avery 'pulling a fast one' and giving your innocent character a rude awakening into the kind of world you have escaped into. He snickers at your honesty in bringing back the amulet without trying to cheat him, and you swiftly learn that the world of pirates is one of typical trickery and betrayal, not merely a few untrustworthy renegades. But I believe the reputation of your pirate for faithfulness and reliability over time begins to win him over. However, as the story progresses I wouldn't be surprised to learn that he has been feeding selected information about your pirate to the Armada -- not enough to really be harmful (he thinks) but enough to keep them off his back. Right now Avery prides himself on keeping a neutral state, while the pirate kid takes the heat, but eventually he will realize the truth of his own words, that the Armada will never be content to leave Skull Island alone.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Apr 27, 2014 wrote:
I would have to say that the similarities of the hats are simply because both Kane and Avery are fashion-conscious. They both favor the look of high-ranking military gentlemen, and all that goes with it. And in the historic world of the 'Age of Pirates', appearance was very, very critical in measuring your place in society.

As far as the raft goes, that is Avery 'pulling a fast one' and giving your innocent character a rude awakening into the kind of world you have escaped into. He snickers at your honesty in bringing back the amulet without trying to cheat him, and you swiftly learn that the world of pirates is one of typical trickery and betrayal, not merely a few untrustworthy renegades. But I believe the reputation of your pirate for faithfulness and reliability over time begins to win him over. However, as the story progresses I wouldn't be surprised to learn that he has been feeding selected information about your pirate to the Armada -- not enough to really be harmful (he thinks) but enough to keep them off his back. Right now Avery prides himself on keeping a neutral state, while the pirate kid takes the heat, but eventually he will realize the truth of his own words, that the Armada will never be content to leave Skull Island alone.
Wow! For such a virtuous pirate, you really get into the mind set of tricky, backstabbing pirates! I've been noticing Avery's ambivalence, also. When he sends us to Hooktail and he say "I'm too old and I don't take sides." and when we return from Monquista and find out about Marco Pollo's Map "I thought you were rotting in some Monquistan prison." I actually replied to the computer, "You mean, you were HOPING I was in prison."

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
That's going to be the ultimate mutiny, if this theory is true. Captain Avery = Kane ? Now that's some that our pirate(s) might not see it coming, if Captain Avery is Kane is disguise. This is going to be interesting twist of the storyline,if this theory is true.But the same time scary.

Ensign
Jun 01, 2013
Also how is it that he has brown hair when he is old?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Sneaky Bruno Tew on May 24, 2014 wrote:
He is wearing a wig, very appropriate at that time in history.

Petty Officer
Aug 27, 2010
1. We don't know how old he actually is.

2. Dye?

Developer
Like many men of the 17th and 18th centuries, he wears a wig.

Ensign
Jun 01, 2013
Blind Mew on May 27, 2014 wrote:
Like many men of the 17th and 18th centuries, he wears a wig.
Wait but didn't they wear white powdered wigs in those centuries I never knew wigs came in different colors back then or is that how they made it in the pirate story?

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Sneaky Bruno Tew on May 29, 2014 wrote:
Wait but didn't they wear white powdered wigs in those centuries I never knew wigs came in different colors back then or is that how they made it in the pirate story?
They did indeed come in different colors.I can't think of an example offhand(I can think of Antonio Salieri in the film Amadeus?not sure if it's accurate,though.)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Sneaky Bruno Tew on May 29, 2014 wrote:
White powdered wigs came later in the 18th century, in the early part of that century 'normal' hair color was preferred. BTW wigs were called 'perukes' at that time!

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
anecorbie on Jun 1, 2014 wrote:
White powdered wigs came later in the 18th century, in the early part of that century 'normal' hair color was preferred. BTW wigs were called 'perukes' at that time!
My native language still uses the term ''peruke''!Though,we slavs corrupted it into ''perika''

Ensign
Aug 10, 2009
Now, looking into it, pay attention to Avery's dialogue after you finish Cool Ranch. He stutters a bit, and sounds nervous. Precisely when talking about the armada and the map to El Dorado.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Sh4rpBlade15 on Jun 8, 2014 wrote:
Now, looking into it, pay attention to Avery's dialogue after you finish Cool Ranch. He stutters a bit, and sounds nervous. Precisely when talking about the armada and the map to El Dorado.
Yes,he stutters.The Armada put a lot of work into finding the map piece,and taking it back to Kane.

The pirate that had escaped them,took one of the pieces of the map,sabotaged some of their excavations in the jungle,interrupted their meeting with Fin,the pirate who had interrupted their meeting with the Duck of Death,before he had pulled Don Raphael from his grave,raided one of their fortresses in Port Regal(and in Sivella),and done so many other things against them,had just destroyed their spymaster and deprived Kane of the opportunity of getting a piece of the map swiftly,and the meddling pirate too!

Kane was built by...someone.And Kane built his ''children'',his court.They were supposed to be Armada's elites,defeating one wasn't even conceivable at the time,much less destroying one.

Add to this the fact that Kane really wanted that map piece you took...

You were a nuisance,then you became a threat,but now you are the poorly placed piano,in the symphonic orchestra,playing your melodies,and yet you are introducing enormous dissonance.The weight of the oboe,violins,clarinets threatening to crush you,for they are greater in number,louder in sound etc.

Odds are the Armada WILL hunt you down.They do not dislike you,they hate you.They do not wish to have you as far away from them,they really do want you dead.At least the Elites do...

For Kane is somewhere,not worrying for their petty problems,he has a world to build,an island of gold to find and a Grand Design to fulfill.I wonder how he will do this...

P.S.Thanks Jack for dividing so much time to read my yammering,hope I don't slow you down!

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
he gave us a peice of the map to collect
if he was kane he would keep he is helping you get them he would want them for himself
and if he knows where the peices are he would send the armarda out to get them not us

Lieutenant
Feb 20, 2010
*howls in agony ANOTHER?! AGGGHHHHH*teleports away

Lieutenant
May 19, 2013
i have to agree with this theory too this would add to the theory that boochbeard and gandry are spies for the armada. i think he is and what an ultimate twist it would be and if you think about it it makes a lot of since:
1 send us on outrageous missions that may lead to death (positive for them) or may bring the map peices directly into their hands (positive for them)
2 give us a raft in hop that we will be shot down easily
3 have us under their watch
see? it makes perfect since so my conclusion is:
avery is kane and boochbeard and gandry are some super elite armada soldiers that we do not know about. awesome twist!!!!!!!!!