Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The use of powers and abilities.

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
I have just started my fourth pirate and it is a Privateer. I was hoping that someone might explain to me the use of the power 'Loud'. I see where it increases combat threat, but when and on whom to use it perplexes me. Unless you want to wipe out one of your friends when you are questing together (and the thought has crossed my mind) I don't see how this power would be useful. Perhaps this thread can be used for tips on the use of different buffs, powers and the like. Thanks in advance for your help. :)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Spiral Cowboy on Apr 6, 2014 wrote:
I have just started my fourth pirate and it is a Privateer. I was hoping that someone might explain to me the use of the power 'Loud'. I see where it increases combat threat, but when and on whom to use it perplexes me. Unless you want to wipe out one of your friends when you are questing together (and the thought has crossed my mind) I don't see how this power would be useful. Perhaps this thread can be used for tips on the use of different buffs, powers and the like. Thanks in advance for your help. :)
It's because privateers have a lot of heals and can afford to take a few hits to save a squishy from being taken out. They can re-heal easily or buff extra damage protection. That way the power hitters that are damaged easily can do their job.