Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Privateer companion talent points

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
I never quite understand when it comes to privateer companions and some witchdoctor companions if I need to train their primary talent or their weapon type related talent to increase their critical strike chances. I usually end up training both will and strength as I haven't a clue what they need. I also don't know what good power effect points does for them, is that only for when they cast healing?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
seasnake on Mar 31, 2014 wrote:
I never quite understand when it comes to privateer companions and some witchdoctor companions if I need to train their primary talent or their weapon type related talent to increase their critical strike chances. I usually end up training both will and strength as I haven't a clue what they need. I also don't know what good power effect points does for them, is that only for when they cast healing?
Well from the way I understand it: For a Privateer Strength is what boosts their damage and protects against others that have strength. The computer compares the two strengths and the one with the highest gets the advantage for damage levels or protection as in chances for a miss. The will and spooky you give them helps with the healing as it is considered a magical thing.
With Witchdoctors I just boost will and spooky as they are all about magical.

A thought just occurred to me, there are some staffy combo weapons out there and I do not remember if they boost to will or something else, so if you really have your heart set on one and want to use it and it boosts to something else then training to that would factor in. This part is off the cuff though and I may be wrong so any correction if I am would be appreciated.