Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Give Lieutenant Pembroke a Second Chance Chest.

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Lieutenant Pembroke is the last boss in Port Regal's Fort Basset, but he's one of the bosses that have yet to receive a Second Chance Chest. Could you grant Lieutenant Pembroke a Second Chance Chest, please? Thanks!

Ensign
Nov 18, 2012
And Governor Nakamura... and Buck Bronco... and Troy... and the Red Fox*... and English Bill... and KIRIGI. PLEASE, KIRIGI.

The arrival of second chance chests already allows people to buy no auction gear with crowns, so why ya holding out on us?

P. S. I am not entirely sure whether Red Fox has one or not. Can someone confirm this?

Developer
N1ckee on Mar 12, 2014 wrote:
And Governor Nakamura... and Buck Bronco... and Troy... and the Red Fox*... and English Bill... and KIRIGI. PLEASE, KIRIGI.

The arrival of second chance chests already allows people to buy no auction gear with crowns, so why ya holding out on us?

P. S. I am not entirely sure whether Red Fox has one or not. Can someone confirm this?
Generally speaking, two things have to be true before we'll consider adding a Second Chance chest:

1) Is the boss in question at the end of a really long instance?

2) Does the boss in question have unique loot?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Ratbeard on Mar 13, 2014 wrote:
Generally speaking, two things have to be true before we'll consider adding a Second Chance chest:

1) Is the boss in question at the end of a really long instance?

2) Does the boss in question have unique loot?
Allow me to answer these questions, in order, Ratbeard.

1) Yes, sir. Lieutenant Pembroke is indeed at the end of that long instance.

2) I'm a bit foggy on that one, but I've beaten him before, and I think he may have one bit of unique loot at least, so the answer is probably... yes.

Typically speaking, is this short survey your way of making sure certain bosses that we've beaten before have not received Second Chance chests get them? If so, then I understand.

I requested to add Second Chance chests to Deacon and Antinous before, mainly because Deacon is the last boss of Book 10 at the instance, Captain Blood's Lair, because the battle took quite long, and that he's been pursuing us Pirates since we first met him on his prison ship, and the fact that he is one of the Armada Elites as their Spymaster. Also, Antinous is the last boss of Book 14 at the end of Palace of Ulysses instance, because it took about close to, I don't know, 30 minutes to get to him at the instance's end, and I've beaten him, even though he was the least challenging for an end-Book boss by lacking a boss cheat or two. (I wish he would have boss cheats added to him.)

Well, they're the bosses who don't have Second Chance chests added besides Lieutenant Pembroke, so I asked you to grant them their Second Chance chests.

Lieutenant
Jan 19, 2014
Well according to Pirate Central, players do have a chance of getting some special totems or rings from the Lt. However, those special drops are not unique for him. Players can get the same special drops from the other bosses in Marleybone like Rooke or Captain Swing.

You can make a better case for Commander Davis getting a second chance chest since he drops a unique no trade/no action outfit but I don't think one unique drop warrant a second chance chest.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
CoolRebon on Mar 14, 2014 wrote:
Well according to Pirate Central, players do have a chance of getting some special totems or rings from the Lt. However, those special drops are not unique for him. Players can get the same special drops from the other bosses in Marleybone like Rooke or Captain Swing.

You can make a better case for Commander Davis getting a second chance chest since he drops a unique no trade/no action outfit but I don't think one unique drop warrant a second chance chest.
Commander Davis is not the last boss of that instance, you know. To remind anyone, Second Chance Chests only apply to many final bosses at the end of instances, not previous bosses before the final.

Lieutenant
Jan 19, 2014
Trimond297 on Mar 15, 2014 wrote:
Commander Davis is not the last boss of that instance, you know. To remind anyone, Second Chance Chests only apply to many final bosses at the end of instances, not previous bosses before the final.
I know that. I did use my time researching the quest.

I'm saying that you can make a better case for Davis because of his unique drop. Lt. might share some special equipment from the other bosses but he doesn't drop any unique ones.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
CoolRebon on Mar 16, 2014 wrote:
I know that. I did use my time researching the quest.

I'm saying that you can make a better case for Davis because of his unique drop. Lt. might share some special equipment from the other bosses but he doesn't drop any unique ones.
While Commander Davis may have unique drops, I'm not certain how that works, since Davis isn't the instance's final boss and all. I'm just one who thinks reasonably and logically.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
The survey to grant Lieutenant Pembroke a Second Chance Chest is truly answered as I said, Ratbeard, if you're around.

1. Yes. Lieutenant Pembroke is located at the end of that long instance. Check.

2. I'm positive that Lieutenant Pembroke does have unique loot, from what I've read, so, yes he does. Check.

It's all filled out.

And, if anyone else is thinking otherwise, Commander Davis, while may have some loot of his own, does not count towards it. He's not the last boss of Fort Bassett. Lieutenant Pembroke is.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on May 16, 2014 wrote:
The survey to grant Lieutenant Pembroke a Second Chance Chest is truly answered as I said, Ratbeard, if you're around.

2. I'm positive that Lieutenant Pembroke does have unique loot, from what I've read, so, yes he does. Check.

It's all filled out.

And, if anyone else is thinking otherwise, Commander Davis, while may have some loot of his own, does not count towards it. He's not the last boss of Fort Bassett. Lieutenant Pembroke is.
Compared to Commander Davis, Lt. Pembroke is a walk in a park on a sunny day! I don't feel an SCC is necessary to this dungeon. The requirements aren't met. No unique loot that I haven't seen droped in St. Fido's, for instance. There Captain Kidd rightly has an SCC.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Trimond297 on May 16, 2014 wrote:

It's all filled out.

I was just curious as to what unique loot or gear you have seen that Lieutenant Pembroke dropped. I haven't been able to come across any on the wiki or on the Central Forums or other threads and guides as well. It would be nice to know what unique gear he drops, so the wiki, those other sites and the guides can be updated to include that unique gear, if he does indeed drop some.

However, I believe that CoolRebon was correct, based on my own research, that Commander Davis DOES drop a unique outfit called the Redcoat's Livery, which at least to date is only known to be dropped by Commander Davis.

Developer
Actually, I'm pretty sure he doesn't.