Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

All Aboard the Cool Ranch Express!

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
I just realised that Cooper's Roost has a train track! I think apart from ships, travelling in a train across the different towns of cool ranch would be cool. 750 coins per ticket. It takes roughly 30-45 seconds to reach the nearest stop. And the train can have a band, and a diner, with Bison Decorations

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
It is a huge world in need of transportation, uniqueness, and luxury.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Golden Guardian on Mar 8, 2014 wrote:
I just realised that Cooper's Roost has a train track! I think apart from ships, travelling in a train across the different towns of cool ranch would be cool. 750 coins per ticket. It takes roughly 30-45 seconds to reach the nearest stop. And the train can have a band, and a diner, with Bison Decorations
Lol I like how you think. Too bad a bad accident stopped all train travel there but it sure would be fun.

Captain
May 16, 2011
x Nods x

Maybe they could make a dungeon out of this, exploring each room of the train until you get to the locomotive. Or, if not, it would be a great place to hang out.

Petty Officer
Sep 24, 2013
Captain
May 13, 2011
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Mar 8, 2014 wrote:
Lol I like how you think. Too bad a bad accident stopped all train travel there but it sure would be fun.
we could always clean it up

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Sneaky George Quar... on Mar 10, 2014 wrote:
we could always clean it up
This is true. Anything and I mean ANYthing is possible when Blind Mew picks up his quill.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Great idea Golden Guardian- yet, again.

I would absolutely enjoy traveling through Cool Ranch in a train checking out the scenery. It would be a nice change of pace and a chance to see things from a different view without having to dodge all those pesky Skyway critters and ships. My crew would be willing to pay the gold for sure.

Your idea gave me an idea...how about traveling the Spiral by Hot Air Balloon. You could board an area at the docks or other locations and be whisked off to your next world. I know it probably couldn't be done in the realm of the gaming mechanics, but could you imagine getting a nice bird's eye view of Skull Island, Mooshu, Aquila and the other worlds. I just know the screenshots would be magnificently breathtaking. I would sure like to see the beauty of the Spiral from above.

Again, great idea and the band is an excellent touch!

Ensign
Nov 09, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Mar 8, 2014 wrote:
Yeah, the Zephyr had a really bad accident in Arroyo Grande! I noticed the debris on the Canyon Floor! The idea is good but accidents prevent it.
Better to be safe than sorry!

Ensign
Nov 09, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Mar 10, 2014 wrote:
Great idea Golden Guardian- yet, again.

I would absolutely enjoy traveling through Cool Ranch in a train checking out the scenery. It would be a nice change of pace and a chance to see things from a different view without having to dodge all those pesky Skyway critters and ships. My crew would be willing to pay the gold for sure.

Your idea gave me an idea...how about traveling the Spiral by Hot Air Balloon. You could board an area at the docks or other locations and be whisked off to your next world. I know it probably couldn't be done in the realm of the gaming mechanics, but could you imagine getting a nice bird's eye view of Skull Island, Mooshu, Aquila and the other worlds. I just know the screenshots would be magnificently breathtaking. I would sure like to see the beauty of the Spiral from above.

Again, great idea and the band is an excellent touch!
Great Idea! It's like in Mb in Wizard101. It would be hard for the developers to make, but that would be fun! I would enjoy looking at Skull Island and Cool Ranch from above. Breathtaking.....

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
CaptainBunny093 on Mar 16, 2014 wrote:
Great Idea! It's like in Mb in Wizard101. It would be hard for the developers to make, but that would be fun! I would enjoy looking at Skull Island and Cool Ranch from above. Breathtaking.....
I 100% agree, I really enjoy going through the storm gates and seeing the other worlds fly/float by but I can only imagine how the worlds would look as you pass over them- getting a Skarakeets-eye-view! A thing of beauty for sure!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
When I saw the tracks of Cool Ranch, I was hoping for an Indiana Jones style mine car chase through tunnels. At least I got to roll a mine car.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Calamity Finch on Mar 16, 2014 wrote:
When I saw the tracks of Cool Ranch, I was hoping for an Indiana Jones style mine car chase through tunnels. At least I got to roll a mine car.
Ooh, now that I would so go for...throw in a huge boulder escape scene and I would sit back with some popcorn and practice my whip crackin'- Indy and El Toro style. Gotta love those Professor Jones flicks.

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
If you end up doing any of the side quests in Marleybone, and there were a few on the Zephyr in Cool Ranch, "M" wants you will find out what caused the wreck of the Zephyr and who was behind it all. Very interesting and a definite side quest if you are looking for one.

Captain
May 13, 2011
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Mar 17, 2014 wrote:
Ooh, now that I would so go for...throw in a huge boulder escape scene and I would sit back with some popcorn and practice my whip crackin'- Indy and El Toro style. Gotta love those Professor Jones flicks.
i can imagine el toro run away from the famous boulder (probably the most known of all traps in indiana jones). who knows? maybe there could be companion minigames one day and the boulder would be exclusive to el toro

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Sneaky George Quar... on Mar 19, 2014 wrote:
i can imagine el toro run away from the famous boulder (probably the most known of all traps in indiana jones). who knows? maybe there could be companion minigames one day and the boulder would be exclusive to el toro
I could so go for that George! I think adding some interactive, companion and crew, based minigames would score big with the P101 following- especially if they were optional, so those who wanted a change of pace could get it and those who didn't care for things of that nature could bypass them. I would be of the change of pace variety and I also would rather enjoy some optional puzzle solving/strategy type elements adding in the future. You know pressure plates, moving objects, deciphering codes and such (kind of along the lines of the LEGO video games).

But you're right, El Toro would so fit the Indy running from the boulder scene...although his overstretched smile might change the dramatic effect and intensity of the moment.

Lieutenant
May 09, 2009
I'll just add a quick response to this thread, pretty much I love this idea along with a lot of other people who responded.Considering how big Cool ranch is, this could help with the travel time through skyways.

Noble Ryan Thompson

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
Or jet pack you can fly onto armada ships and point the flames toward them and wachem melt And doge cannon balls easier. Cannon balls would break the hot air ballon

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
I love this Idea, but it conflicts with the plot. there is a side quest we get in MB that sounds like it will be relevant in the main quest line, where we try to discover what happened to the railway industry. To make an unnecessary long story short, most of the tracks and trains were destroyed in an explosion that will help us discover the armada's weakness. You could say that the tracks were repaired, but that would make that quest, and a few others irrelevant, when they provide great back story and insight to the spiral's industrial side, and what the armada does when they're not at war. You could also say that we're riding unsafe, broken tracks, but I doubt that any railway worker would allow that. Besides, if you look up on arroyo grande, you can see huge chunks of track shattered or missing! that's not a train I'd wanna get on.

F.R. Holystone
lv 65

Captain
May 13, 2011
Elemutation on Mar 30, 2014 wrote:
I love this Idea, but it conflicts with the plot. there is a side quest we get in MB that sounds like it will be relevant in the main quest line, where we try to discover what happened to the railway industry. To make an unnecessary long story short, most of the tracks and trains were destroyed in an explosion that will help us discover the armada's weakness. You could say that the tracks were repaired, but that would make that quest, and a few others irrelevant, when they provide great back story and insight to the spiral's industrial side, and what the armada does when they're not at war. You could also say that we're riding unsafe, broken tracks, but I doubt that any railway worker would allow that. Besides, if you look up on arroyo grande, you can see huge chunks of track shattered or missing! that's not a train I'd wanna get on.

F.R. Holystone
lv 65
that would just made the ride better

Petty Officer
Aug 27, 2010
Uh...the tracks in Coopers Roost don't really go anywhere.

Gunner's Mate
Jul 08, 2013
MarleybonePatriot on Apr 23, 2014 wrote:
Uh...the tracks in Coopers Roost don't really go anywhere.
well they could always update it

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
I love both ideas and at the start of el toros minigame when he finds some gold artifact he could be like"el toro is here" and then the boulder comes and for bonne Anne's one it could be slapping ratbeard lol pipe it down ye git

Petty Officer
Feb 05, 2013
CaptainBunny093 on Mar 14, 2014 wrote:
Yeah, the Zephyr had a really bad accident in Arroyo Grande! I noticed the debris on the Canyon Floor! The idea is good but accidents prevent it.
Better to be safe than sorry!
Maybe there could actually BE accidents >:) u know, as a rare thing, if u boarded the train, there could be a accident! And like, renegades and stuff would come aboard the train :D