Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Canadian Theme

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Oct 12, 2010
Blind Mew, will you ever make a world in the Spiral that refers to Canada?

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
1Of1Musketeer on Feb 21, 2014 wrote:
Blind Mew, will you ever make a world in the Spiral that refers to Canada?
You know, this could be awesome eh.

Imagine a cold unforgiving world, regions covered in thick nearly impenatrable boreal forests and open airy decidous forests with great quantities of light streaming through between the leaf tops. Great wide open grass lands with an horizon that stretches around you in a complete unbroken circle, the grass itself billowing and blowing as if it were an ocean.

A land of a thousand lakes, and a thousand islands, great cliffs, mountains and hidden valleys that have never been seen by people. Imagine coastal areas, with great black windswept cliffs, swirling, whirling, screaming, shrieking clouds of gulls winging through the misty dawn air.

A forbidding realm of unrelenting snow and ice and cold biting wind with the ever changing Northern Lights and only great unspeaking monuments of stone to act as guides. A world so bright that you can go blind simply by going outside.

A great proud country, populated with the industrious Beaver, Fierce Canada Goose, and watched over by the Honourable and relentless Royal Canadian Moose,

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Ah, yes, to roam the Taiga and travel under the shadow of the great trees over the hushed ground, the sound of your footsteps muffled by a thick carpet of fallen pine needles, to climb over snow-tipped rocks and see the merry little pikas at play, to guide your ship over turquoise-green waters fed by glaciers, waters amazingly clear and deep, to watch in the sky the green and pink ever-shifting curtains of the Aurora Borealis... oh, I would love that. However, Anne would be well advised to put on a great-coat over that frock coat of hers that she likes so much...

Though now, Scarlet, you have me singing in my head "Land of the Silver Birch/ Home of the Beaver..."

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
CdeWinter on Feb 22, 2014 wrote:

Imagine a cold unforgiving world, regions covered in thick nearly impenatrable boreal forests and open airy decidous forests with great quantities of light streaming through between the leaf tops. Great wide open grass lands with an horizon that stretches around you in a complete unbroken circle, the grass itself billowing and blowing as if it were an ocean.

A land of a thousand lakes, and a thousand islands, great cliffs, mountains and hidden valleys that have never been seen by people. Imagine coastal areas, with great black windswept cliffs, swirling, whirling, screaming, shrieking clouds of gulls winging through the misty dawn air.

A forbidding realm of unrelenting snow and ice and cold biting wind with the ever changing Northern Lights and only great unspeaking monuments of stone to act as guides. A world so bright that you can go blind simply by going outside.

A great proud country, populated with the industrious Beaver, Fierce Canada Goose, and watched over by the Honourable and relentless Royal Canadian Moose,
Oh that is just simply breathtakingly picturesque. You have a wonderful way with words and a great love for your beautiful country. Thank you for a virtual peek at the wonders of your world.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Feb 23, 2014 wrote:
Ah, yes, to roam the Taiga and travel under the shadow of the great trees over the hushed ground, the sound of your footsteps muffled by a thick carpet of fallen pine needles, to climb over snow-tipped rocks and see the merry little pikas at play, to guide your ship over turquoise-green waters fed by glaciers, waters amazingly clear and deep, to watch in the sky the green and pink ever-shifting curtains of the Aurora Borealis... oh, I would love that. However, Anne would be well advised to put on a great-coat over that frock coat of hers that she likes so much...

Though now, Scarlet, you have me singing in my head "Land of the Silver Birch/ Home of the Beaver..."
Man you guys have me positively drooling to visit. You mix a couple of gifted writers like you two and a great subject like a beautiful country and the masterpieces just keep showing up. Thank you for this virtual visit that rivals any documentary I have seen.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012

I think this sounds like Polaris or Grizzleheim. Still, I don't see why we should not have some Canadian mooses roaming around! I also think Cool Ranch should have a kangaroo...

Gunner's Mate
Oct 12, 2010

Yes yes! And I also thought that there could be a place populated by lynxes and it could be called Vancougar!

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Golden Guardian on Feb 24, 2014 wrote:
I think this sounds like Polaris or Grizzleheim. Still, I don't see why we should not have some Canadian mooses roaming around! I also think Cool Ranch should have a kangaroo...
Well, if you could see the photos I've taken during field work and vacations GG, you would see that Canada, Northern Europe, and parts of Russia have a very similar terrain. Most Northern Temperate countries have similar terrains and biomes.

1of1Musketeer.
Lynxes would be awesome, and how I could I possibly forget the great temperate rainforests of BC, the home of the rare and elusive spirit bear! And known best to most people on this planet as the "Moon of Endor" from Star Wars Episode VI.

Also, Vancougar, as in the band?

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
Canada is number 1. We have free health care. And we et maple syrup, all day.

Even though I have never been to Canada.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 12, 2010
CdeWinter on Feb 25, 2014 wrote:
Well, if you could see the photos I've taken during field work and vacations GG, you would see that Canada, Northern Europe, and parts of Russia have a very similar terrain. Most Northern Temperate countries have similar terrains and biomes.

1of1Musketeer.
Lynxes would be awesome, and how I could I possibly forget the great temperate rainforests of BC, the home of the rare and elusive spirit bear! And known best to most people on this planet as the "Moon of Endor" from Star Wars Episode VI.

Also, Vancougar, as in the band?
Nope, but could see where you're going! Vancougar could an allusion to Vancouver!

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1Of1Musketeer on Feb 24, 2014 wrote:
Yes yes! And I also thought that there could be a place populated by lynxes and it could be called Vancougar!
That is a very funny pun, 1Musketeer!

Gunner's Mate
Oct 12, 2010
Anne Radcliffe on Feb 26, 2014 wrote:
That is a very funny pun, 1Musketeer!
Thanks!

Remember to stay awesome!