Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Please help

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 02, 2011
I can't see upper case letters D:, it may sound non-important but it completely ruins faces /=
For example XD will look like xd
Can anyone help?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Blake the balance on Feb 16, 2014 wrote:
I can't see upper case letters D:, it may sound non-important but it completely ruins faces /=
For example XD will look like xd
Can anyone help?
It sounds like you have limited chat. If you are over 18 and have a credit card on your account (Their way of proving that) you can go into your "My Account and then your "Parental Controls" and you can select 'Open Chat' so you can have better options. Note these new options will only be readable by other players that have open chat too. If what you type shows up in yellow letters before you hit the enter button, only open chat players will see them.

First Mate
May 01, 2012
I can see upper and lower case letters in the game without problem. It sounds like either something needs to be changed in the options for the game or your computer is taking the capitol letters and changing them to lower case. If it is your computer (and I suspect it is), check your keyboard settings from the Control Panel. If you still can't find the problem, contact support using the Help Menu above (the Orange Question Mark) or contact support at support@pirate101.com.

Ensign
May 02, 2011
Thanks for the help but it's not my keyboard because on other MMO games I can see caps also I have chat just not open chat

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Blake the balance on Feb 19, 2014 wrote:
Thanks for the help but it's not my keyboard because on other MMO games I can see caps also I have chat just not open chat
That is one of the limitations of limited chat. It stems from some skullduggery talkers that were using capitol letters to get around the cursing filters. Hopefully having some maturity developing with the age limit to access open chat would stop such things. If not then our mighty reporting crews out there will make sure any talking that is not appropriate will be brought to the attention of the plank walking department.

Captain
May 13, 2011
wait. from what ive seen, caps arent allowed. only exception is the XD face

Ensign
May 02, 2011
Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Maybe some smile faces could be added to the menu chat list. Seems like that would be handy. There are already ones like Laugh in there, which shows up as HA HA. The ones here on the message boards seem like they would be nice to be able to use during a fight. Enemy is about to do huge damage...