Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Logic?

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Apr 13, 2010
How can you block magic? Many times Old Sratch's attacks have been BLOCKED. Not fizzled, not dodged. Blocked. That doesn't make sense. I mean,what's the logic behind that?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
GBalance101 on Feb 16, 2014 wrote:
How can you block magic? Many times Old Sratch's attacks have been BLOCKED. Not fizzled, not dodged. Blocked. That doesn't make sense. I mean,what's the logic behind that?
I wonder too if that is a mistake and perhaps it should say "Resisted"?

Developer
Some attacks miss, some attacks fizzle, some attacks are blocked, some attacks are dodged. Some characters in the game have both blocks and dodges; some characters only have one or the other.

Exactly which animation happens to play depends on both the attacker and the defender.

But a miss is a miss.

Unfortunately, we are not in a position to create a custom animation for every combination of attack and defense, and so occasionally our animation system will play back something that doesn't make perfect sense.