Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Daily Challenges.

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
I think P101 should have daily, weekly and monthly challenges. Most games do, so should we? Here is what I have in mind-

Daily Challenges:
Simple challenges that have simple rewards. Always given by same NPC depending on world. For example if your pirate is in the marleybone section of the story, you will always recieve a challenge from the NPC in marleybone. Most likely something like defeat 10 ships and gain gold, with chances of bonus reward.

Weekly Challenge:
A slightly bigger challenge, with bigger rewards. Something like defeat bishop 25 times, gain anywhere between 1-2 2nd chance chest, 1 day mount etc, with 20000 gold reward always.

Monthly challenge:
Given by any of the class trainers. It will play out like this (this is Vadima for example). Can only be accessed if your storyline is in the current world (eg your character must have full access to Aquila)
Week 1- Go to Cool Ranch and kill 25 ghost ships, then kill scorpion in spirit realm, collect artifact.
Week 2- Visit strange tunnel and collect strange artifact.
Week 3- Kill Cadmus, get strange token.
Week 4(boss fight*)- Vadima combines all these together, and boom cat beard accidentally throws a fish there, so now a fish monster must be defeated and you can farm this thing and get cool rewards. Very plain story but you get the idea. Fish disappears after end of month.

*The boss fight will always occur in one same massive room, to avoid KI constantly making new rooms and stuff.

This would also make some players not stop playing during break between worlds. What do you say pirates?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Golden Guardian on Feb 9, 2014 wrote:
I think P101 should have daily, weekly and monthly challenges. Most games do, so should we? Here is what I have in mind-

Daily Challenges:
Simple challenges that have simple rewards. Always given by same NPC depending on world. For example if your pirate is in the marleybone section of the story, you will always recieve a challenge from the NPC in marleybone. Most likely something like defeat 10 ships and gain gold, with chances of bonus reward.

Weekly Challenge:
A slightly bigger challenge, with bigger rewards. Something like defeat bishop 25 times, gain anywhere between 1-2 2nd chance chest, 1 day mount etc, with 20000 gold reward always.

Monthly challenge:
Given by any of the class trainers. It will play out like this (this is Vadima for example). Can only be accessed if your storyline is in the current world (eg your character must have full access to Aquila)
Week 1- Go to Cool Ranch and kill 25 ghost ships, then kill scorpion in spirit realm, collect artifact.
Week 4(boss fight*)- Vadima combines all these together, and boom cat beard accidentally throws a fish there, so now a fish monster must be defeated and you can farm this thing and get cool rewards. Very plain story but you get the idea. Fish disappears after end of month.

*The boss fight will always occur in one same massive room, to avoid KI constantly making new rooms and stuff.

This would also make some players not stop playing during break between worlds. What do you say pirates?
I am not sure how doable this is from a programing standpoint but I sure do love the idea. Just having new challenges to do even if it does not advance the story like sounds like a lot of fun. I can even imagine having races. A group of pirates getting the challenge and saying "One, Two Three GO!" and the first one to complete it wins. Really cool idea there.

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
Golden Guardian on Feb 9, 2014 wrote:

Daily Challenges:

Weekly Challenge:

Monthly challenge:

I like the Idea but maybe the challenges should be toned down a bit.

Ensign
Jul 06, 2011
thats definitely one of the more capital ideas i've heard so far. i would really appreciate that, however i do think it may require more constant updates and servers going down for maintenance. as long as the amount of unique loot we're getting doesn't get out f hand. the game still needs to be a chanllenge and 20000 gold is quite a bit for one run at any quest or fight.

Captain
May 13, 2011
sorry, but i started disliking it after you stated that most games do it. one of my favorite games was ruined because it lost what made it unique. i dont want it to happen to this game too

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Feb 9, 2014 wrote:
I am not sure how doable this is from a programing standpoint but I sure do love the idea. Just having new challenges to do even if it does not advance the story like sounds like a lot of fun. I can even imagine having races. A group of pirates getting the challenge and saying "One, Two Three GO!" and the first one to complete it wins. Really cool idea there.
For the daily challenge NPC, it is just like a farming thing. He/she is pseudorandom and selects what you have to do for that day. The reward is always the same, with an occasional bonus sometimes if you go in a row. It barely needs any maintenance and KI should not worry to much after if they have created it. The only hard part is making one NPC for each world.

Weekly challenges are just like Daily challenges, and operate in the same pseudorandom style. The only difference is that the player must do more, and get a random reward much like a boss chest. (@unicorn eater), well considering you defeated bishop 25 times for example, instead of one run, 20000 gold is good right? I am sorry if I did not make that clear and you misread it as 1 run.

Seasonal Challenges:
Hmm I don't think KI should waste time for 1 month 12 times. Seasonal challenges (3months, and maybe stuff like Christmas) sound better to me. Every 2 weeks a new objective is released for the challenge. The challenge is done in existing areas, and gives players the chance to explore that low level world they don't bother going too. Don't complain, you have 2 weeks to sail around Monquista.

@Your racing idea:
Simply suberb! However lag can create an unfair disadvantage. How about a maze race instead? The labyrinth for Aquila, Mystic Garden for mooshu, Gold Island for skull island. Higher the world, higher the prizes.

Ensign
Nov 15, 2010
While not a daily challenge, I remember W101 had a limited time challenge in the form of the lost pages event.

I could see something like that happening in P101, however the creation team already seems to be working their tails off with the main story so we may not see anything like that for a while.