Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

companions

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 01, 2010
I have a great idea. give us the option to decline a given companion. My higher level pirate has about a page and a half of companions and there just are not enough training points to go around which means that I have found myself at a disadvantage at times in fights. If I could I would love to train up all my companions to within three levels of my pirate but the cost of buying training points has made it prohibitive to do so and there are not has many quest that offer companion training points as I would deem necessary to train my rather large crew. plus on occasion I have found my pirate having to take crew that I do not really want aka the batacuda that I was recently given. I understand that some crew are needed for the game and in those cases there should be no option to decline. plus I have found that some crew to promote them cost gold has well and it is not just a couple of hundred to do so but over three grand. due to this fact I have decided that those crew I have to pay for to promote will probably not get promoted which now puts me in the same bind has not having enough training points it puts me at a disadvantage in a fight and most of the fights at higher levels are already tough enough without having that added burden. since we fight with only three other crew besides ourselves at any given time I feel that the ability to just say no would be a boon. other than this one thing I really enjoy pirates. oh and one more thing that has been mentioned in previous topics ships that have rooms such has a captain's quarters and such that we can use for not only getting with friends but has a substitute to having to go to a tavern every time especially when one is not handy would be a lot of fun. thanks for listening Bloody Kadija Moone 42nd lvl swashbuckler

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Alric stormcrow on Feb 1, 2014 wrote:
I have a great idea. give us the option to decline a given companion. My higher level pirate has about a page and a half of companions and there just are not enough training points to go around which means that I have found myself at a disadvantage at times in fights. If I could I would love to train up all my companions to within three levels of my pirate but the cost of buying training points has made it prohibitive to do so and there are not has many quest that offer companion training points as I would deem necessary to train my rather large crew. plus on occasion I have found my pirate having to take crew that I do not really want aka the batacuda that I was recently given. I understand that some crew are needed for the game and in those cases there should be no option to decline. plus I have found that some crew to promote them cost gold has well and it is not just a couple of hundred to do so but over three grand. due to this fact I have decided that those crew I have to pay for to promote will probably not get promoted which now puts me in the same bind has not having enough training points it puts me at a disadvantage in a fight and most of the fights at higher levels are already tough enough without having that added burden. since we fight with only three other crew besides ourselves at any given time I feel that the ability to just say no would be a boon. other than this one thing I really enjoy pirates. oh and one more thing that has been mentioned in previous topics ships that have rooms such has a captain's quarters and such that we can use for not only getting with friends but has a substitute to having to go to a tavern every time especially when one is not handy would be a lot of fun. thanks for listening Bloody Kadija Moone 42nd lvl swashbuckler
Hey Kadija, welcome to the message boards. I do remember a post from one of the main developers, I do not remember which one it was (and of course I cannot seem to get it to come up on several search attempts ) and they said that having a lot of companions was part of the flavor designed into the game and they were looking onto some better ways to make keeping them trained up, when you have a lot of them, a bit easier. So I am still hoping for what is it they will come up with to make it less expensive to have a well trained crew.

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Row4n412 on Feb 4, 2014 wrote:
I have addressed this issue at length on this thread: http://www.pirate101central.com/forums/showthread.php?49650-Gold-Management-Guide
I hope this helps.
Great guide. It is well thought out and has a lot of wisdom. Nice work. Any chances of putting your link in the PHP thread?