Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Monquistan Ships

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
Hey everyone! I have just gotten to the point where you have to beat 10 monquistan ships to lure out the brass monkey on my buccaneer pirate. Before this you had to beat them for their fruit. They are so hard! Ship quests are supposed to be different from land quests. They are supposed o be quicker and are just a little different then most quests. However when you have to fight 10 ships in the way you fight on land then it ruins the purpose. You have to board or get boarded to sink one. All I want KI to do is bring them down from a lvl 28 to lvl 22. Just so it's possible to sink one (without help.) without broadside combat.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Perhaps taking some time out and farming some ships that you can beat and getting your nautical xp built up along with your gold so you can get a stronger ship?

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Feb 2, 2014 wrote:
Perhaps taking some time out and farming some ships that you can beat and getting your nautical xp built up along with your gold so you can get a stronger ship?
Yes but even if you have great nautical level, the best ship you can purchase at the time is the bison frigate. Even with great ship equipment it doesn't stand a chance.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Duke of Westminste... on Feb 2, 2014 wrote:
Yes but even if you have great nautical level, the best ship you can purchase at the time is the bison frigate. Even with great ship equipment it doesn't stand a chance.
The Bison Frigate can easily manage the Monquistan ships. Mine had absolutely no problems with ship fights. Granted I fought smart and tried to stay out of swarms. If I got surrounded I knew it was time for a tactical retreat. You gotta get your sneak on and nab those ones that stray from the pack. Just watch their patterns and creep in and take out the stragglers and you should have no problem when you have a good frigate under you.

Ensign
Feb 01, 2011
When I tried to do this quest, I had to switch to a busy realm and found a few other players who had the same quest. It made the process go a lot faster. If you want to defeat them yourself, you could try, although I found it extremely difficult.

Stormy Lydia Parker