Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The ranks of Pirate101

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
So here is a guide I researched and made together. Credits to Wikipedia mainly.

Ensign- A junior rank of a commissioned officer, usually in the navy.

Petty Officer- A non-commissioned officer. Kind of like the 'sergeant' of the navy.

Lieutenant- 2nd or 3rd in command, first being captain. Can also be a captain.

Gunner's Mate- A United States ranking. This guy usually carries a gun and shoots enemies after a lot of practice

Bosun- A petty officer in charge of ship management, such as setting anchors and rigging sails.

First Mate- Top officer after captain, and in our terms: a captains best friend.

Captain- The guy who rides the ship, and sinks with it if neccasary. Boss of the ship.

Vice/Normal/Fleet Admiral- Ranks of the highest naval officers. Equivalent of 'general'

Dread Pirate- Little is known of these mysterious beings. They command the seven seas with a sense of fear and destroy everything in their way, unless they are nice like Chrissy. Based of a tale "the princess bride", where there is a pirate refered to as Dread Pirate Roberts.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Golden Guardian on Jan 14, 2014 wrote:

Petty Officer- A non-commissioned officer. Kind of like the 'sergeant' of the navy.

Gunner's Mate- A United States ranking. This guy usually carries a gun and shoots enemies after a lot of practice

Bosun- A petty officer in charge of ship management, such as setting anchors and rigging sails.

First Mate- Top officer after captain, and in our terms: a captains best friend.

Captain- The guy who rides the ship, and sinks with it if neccasary. Boss of the ship.

Vice/Normal/Fleet Admiral- Ranks of the highest naval officers. Equivalent of 'general'

Dread Pirate- Little is known of these mysterious beings. They command the seven seas with a sense of fear and destroy everything in their way, unless they are nice like Chrissy. Based of a tale "the princess bride", where there is a pirate refered to as Dread Pirate Roberts.
I love this. Really well done. This one is getting bookmarked for sure.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Golden Guardian on Jan 14, 2014 wrote:

Great Job Golden Guardian. Nice guide and very informative.

And The Princess Bride- very funny movie for sure. "Hello, I am Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.", "Mawage", The Battle of Wits, "Inconceivable." Oh I rather enjoy that silly movie- and my son too for that matter.

Seriously though, very nice info on the ranks!

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Very impressive! I am a military enthusiast myself, and this list is remarkably accurate! Lieutenants back in WWII could be given the legendary "Tin Can" destroyers to command. Normally though, lieutenants were piloting and leading the PT torpedo boats in the Pacific theatre.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jan 15, 2014 wrote:
Great Job Golden Guardian. Nice guide and very informative.

And The Princess Bride- very funny movie for sure. "Hello, I am Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.", "Mawage", The Battle of Wits, "Inconceivable." Oh I rather enjoy that silly movie- and my son too for that matter.

Seriously though, very nice info on the ranks!
Lol Love the quotes, So does Blind Mew as players can find nods to this wonderful classic right here in our wonderful game. I love that move so much I put some of the quotes as system sounds for my computer. Makes me giggles every time my system throws up an error or query box and shouts at me: "Inconceivable"

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 15, 2014 wrote:
Lol Love the quotes, So does Blind Mew as players can find nods to this wonderful classic right here in our wonderful game. I love that move so much I put some of the quotes as system sounds for my computer. Makes me giggles every time my system throws up an error or query box and shouts at me: "Inconceivable"
That's hilarious- your own Vizzini yelling at you from your computer. Yea I could watch that movie once a week- and sometimes do for that matter. I did catch some of the nods and references in the game and enjoyed them completely.

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 14, 2014 wrote:
I love this. Really well done. This one is getting bookmarked for sure.
KEEP POSTING! Wonder if there's anything past Dread Pirate lol