Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Strange Walk The Plank Bug

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I have been noticing a weird glitch with walk the plank. It will show someone as being on my ship because I can see the 'Walk the plank' button when I click on their name. I search my ship to see where they are and cannot locate them. I click 'Walk the plank' hoping to clear the glitch and it says the I have been forced to walk the plank on my own ship and my ship and I wind up sitting at the last docks we were at. This has happened twice. Once I know I was in Avery realm as it was right before I made this post. I don't remember the other one. Once I was in Cool Ranch when this happened and this time it was in Port Regal. Different ships each time too and different people. No other people on the ship with me. Not sure if I can make it happen again but as I said it has happened twice. I was doing ship fights when I noticed this second one. A random friending of a menu chatter asking for help triggered this second one. Weird thing too. Right after he friended me and asked for help I got pulled into a deck fight when my ship health was almost full and I in no way touched the 'x' I wonder if the ghost friend on the ship triggered the switch from broadside to deck fight? That did not happen the other time. When I did the walk the plank part, both times I was sitting in the windlane looking for the person. I was at the wheel the first time I walked someone and it was me. The second time I was in the main deck area of my parked ship when I walked them and got tossed off my own ship. Hmmmmm Haunted ships maybe

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I did take a couple of screen shots afterward showing the person on friend list, no longer a friend by this time, guess he unfriended me. But I clicked on his name and the list shows that he is on my ship but he is not. If I try to walk him I get walked. Strange lol. Here are the links to the screenshots.

Administrator
Hmm. Sounds related to this bug here, which will be fixed in an upcoming update, but I will forward along this additional information in case there's something more to this bug.

Thanks!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Jan 6, 2014 wrote:
Hmm. Sounds related to this bug here, which will be fixed in an upcoming update, but I will forward along this additional information in case there's something more to this bug.

Thanks!
Thanks Jack. It's good to know that I am not totally losing it, lol.

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
It has been happening to me too. One time I clicked my ignore list, clicked a ignored persom, and it said walk the plank. No one was on my ship. It wasn't even unbottled.