Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Unable to click on enemies to attack

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Sep 24, 2013
Like the title says, ever since the last update, there have been times where I have been unable to attack an enemy because it can't be clicked on from that position. This has happened to me all over the spiral, no matter which pirate I'm playing on, regardless of time of day, and whether it be in a dungeon or a random fight in open. It's quite frustrating because it also happens to my melee companions as well. In order to even attack an enemy when this bug comes up, I have to find another square to position myself to attack from, even though all the spaces are available and nobody is moving into them. That's if I'm lucky, sometimes I don't have that as an option and it forces me to use Hurl Knife (ranged attacks aren't affected by this bug) or forfeit my turn and pass.

I know others are experiencing this problem as well, but I'm wondering if KI is even aware of the problem and if there will be a fix for it soon?

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
I do not blieve this is a bug. It is to show that certain companion/pirate that they can attack an enemy but another companion/pirate is in the way. it is helpful because you can move the c/p in the way so that both can attack the same enemy.

Petty Officer
Sep 24, 2013
EMC99 on Jan 5, 2014 wrote:
I do not blieve this is a bug. It is to show that certain companion/pirate that they can attack an enemy but another companion/pirate is in the way. it is helpful because you can move the c/p in the way so that both can attack the same enemy.
Trust me I'm well aware of what you're saying, but I already stated in my OP that the position I was trying to attack from was available and that nobody was in it or moving into it other than me. Hence, this is a serious issue if we cannot attack enemies that we should be able too!

Administrator
Hi, can you give us a bit more information?

• Location where the bug occurred:
  • Quest Name (if applicable):
  • How often does this bug seem to happen? (Once/Sometimes/Often/Every time)
  • Were you playing Solo? (Y/N)
  • If you were in a group or playing with others, how many?
  • Were you the only one to experience this issue?
  • Can you reproduce this bug?

Also, if you are playing with others in combat, please roll over their icons as well and make sure they haven't taken the available spot to damage the target.

Thanks!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Petty Officer
Sep 24, 2013
One-Eyed Jack on Jan 7, 2014 wrote:
Hi, can you give us a bit more information?

• Location where the bug occurred:
  • Quest Name (if applicable):
  • How often does this bug seem to happen? (Once/Sometimes/Often/Every time)
  • Were you playing Solo? (Y/N)
  • If you were in a group or playing with others, how many?
  • Were you the only one to experience this issue?
  • Can you reproduce this bug?

Also, if you are playing with others in combat, please roll over their icons as well and make sure they haven't taken the available spot to damage the target.

Thanks!
Location: So far it's happened to me in MooShu, Marleybone, and Aquila. Most recently, fighting Diskylos in Illios and MacCavity in Isle of Dogs.
How often does this seem to happen: Sometimes to occasionally
Were you playing Solo: Yes and No, it's happened to me when I'm alone and when I'm playing with someone else.
If you were in a group or playing with others, how many: Usually myself and 1 other person, but I was able to recreate the bug with 3 people including myself.
Were you the only one to experience this issue: No, it also happened to my friend as well, at the same time as me.
Can you reproduce this bug: Not intentionally no, it's occurs randomly. However, it may disappear the next turn if the enemy moves from its last position.

Ensign
Sep 24, 2013
I've also encountered this problem regularly recently.
I've had it both alone, and when with friends.
I definitely know that it's not because a companion is in the way, as it happens when the person is right in front of me, as well as when I'm on my own and it's my first person to pick.
Most recently, it happened today in Marleybone working on Bonnie Anne's final upgrade quest defeating radicals.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
This bug has happened to me too in every world i have visited as my character Tatiana Jackson who is a level 59 witchdoctor. It has happened more often when i am in a solo fight but it also has happened when i am with friends in a fight like with three or two friends. It happened most recently when i was defeating armada ships for clockwork parts in the quest golem gee. It occurs with out warning and you don't reproduce it intentionally.