Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirate101- Questions and Answers

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 16, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jan 17, 2014 wrote:
Thank you kindly warriorscreed! Alas I do not have any of those companions yet....but I do have some crowns waiting in the wings.

Are any of them worth getting and if so which one would you recommend most, if you don't mind me asking.
Sorry that this took a while, but every one of them, except for the Yule Trogg, are worth getting.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
warriorscreed on Feb 3, 2014 wrote:
Sorry that this took a while, but every one of them, except for the Yule Trogg, are worth getting.
No worries on the delay warriorscreed, I appreciate the info and reply. I just may check one of them out...maybe the Ninja Pig. Thanks again.

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 4, 2014 wrote:
Being new to the boards you may not have heard Ratbeard's classic response to this question. Enjoy the giggles.
Thanks for the link Chrissy. I did enjoy lots of giggles.

Petty Officer
Sep 24, 2013
Here's a question for some of the older pirates out there. A friend of mine told me he got Medea's Crook as a reward item for completing her quest in the early days of Aquila. I'm just wondering whether or not this is true, because as it is now we definitely don't.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Wicked Victor Arms... on Mar 2, 2014 wrote:
Here's a question for some of the older pirates out there. A friend of mine told me he got Medea's Crook as a reward item for completing her quest in the early days of Aquila. I'm just wondering whether or not this is true, because as it is now we definitely don't.
That's a good question Victor...one that unfortunately I do not know the answer to. Like you, I just know that as of the time I started playing P101, Medea's Crook was not part of any quest reward. Hopefully someone else may have some insight for you in regards to this.

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
I have a question...
So who are the best companions to defeat the Hydra with for a Swashy? Also should I have someone help me cause I've died twice... Thanks.

Gunner's Mate
Apr 13, 2010
Me has question...

Say you're a swash. You cast the 5 round hide. Then on the next turn, you cast the 3 round hide. Would they combine to make (at the most) 7 rounds of hideing? Or would they the 5 round be canceled out?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Witty Gavin on Mar 5, 2014 wrote:
I have a question...
So who are the best companions to defeat the Hydra with for a Swashy? Also should I have someone help me cause I've died twice... Thanks.
Well some good tips that have been posted were to farm for the gear that protects you and your crew like the Leviathan's Call & Kraken's Lament along with Valor's Fortress that will give you a global protection for 10 rounds. Then having Valor's Armor to help out someone that is getting low on life and you don't have a heal card up. Make sure you also have some good heals to boost things back up.

For the fight part we have been warned not to put a damage over time spell on the Ebon head because if it becomes damaged too low while it is waiting for you to take out the heads it is asking for the Ebon head cannot come back and you are stuck. So, pay attention to the directions as to what color you need to take care of and space your crew out so that it won't take so long to get to the colored head you need. Then just protect yourself as you methodically follow the directions until you are clear to finally take out that Ebon head and then you are victorious.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
GBalance101 on Mar 9, 2014 wrote:
Me has question...

Say you're a swash. You cast the 5 round hide. Then on the next turn, you cast the 3 round hide. Would they combine to make (at the most) 7 rounds of hideing? Or would they the 5 round be canceled out?
That's a good question, I haven't tried stacking them. Would your damage boost be a combination of the two? I assume that once you deal out damage you would lose both at the same time, just wondered if you got both boosts.

My guess on the hide time would be what ever the last one you cast would be when you come out of hiding as long as you are just hiding and not dealing out any damage and don't get hit by any.

Ensign
Nov 18, 2012
GBalance101 on Mar 9, 2014 wrote:
Me has question...

I actually dislike the way KI dealt with this feature very much.

If you are already hidden and you try to cast a hide, it will simply void your turn. It will let you choose to hide, and then you go on to do your companions turns', but AFTER you click done, for a second you will see your pirate's portrait return to the 'no-action' status and your turn is then completely skipped.

You would think they could void the hide power on the powers bar for the duration of the current hide rather than make you entirely waste a turn. I learned this the hard way and feel sorry for the others who had to as well.

Nikki

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jan 29, 2014 wrote:
A question for any Kingsisle administrator , developer, moderator or programmer. I have been contributing to the P101 wiki lately and I have been adding some images of missing companions. A great place to get good screenshots of them is in a tavern. When you have a large crew, it can be tough to get the 'right' companions to show up in the tavern. I thought that maybe your 1st mate would always show up, but this isn't the case.

I can always switch my 1st mate around to get the shots but I was curious about the tavern question, because in the tavern your pirate can have free roam with lots of companions standing still, posing and saying "toasted cheese" (nod to Sam) for their photo?

So my question is;

Is there any way to influence which companions show up in the tavern or is it 100% random?
From what I've seen, which of a large crew appear in the tavern is random, except if some of your crew are ready for promotion or a promotion quest. If it is time for them to promote, they will appear so you can talk to them.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
N1ckee on Mar 11, 2014 wrote:
I actually dislike the way KI dealt with this feature very much.

If you are already hidden and you try to cast a hide, it will simply void your turn. It will let you choose to hide, and then you go on to do your companions turns', but AFTER you click done, for a second you will see your pirate's portrait return to the 'no-action' status and your turn is then completely skipped.

You would think they could void the hide power on the powers bar for the duration of the current hide rather than make you entirely waste a turn. I learned this the hard way and feel sorry for the others who had to as well.

Nikki
Thank you for passing on your knowledge of what will happen if we try. It shows your caring about us to spare us the loss of a turn if we but heed your warning. Thank you for sharing this.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Calamity Finch on Mar 11, 2014 wrote:
From what I've seen, which of a large crew appear in the tavern is random, except if some of your crew are ready for promotion or a promotion quest. If it is time for them to promote, they will appear so you can talk to them.
Thank you Calamity Finch, I kind of figured there wasn't any real way to guarantee a certain companions presence in the taven...besides the promotion ones, like you said. I had just hoped someone had some insight that I wasn't aware of so that some of those stubborn ones would show there faces down below- just so that they would sit still and smile nice for the camera. Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Witty Gavin on Mar 5, 2014 wrote:
I have a question...
Hey Gavin, how has the Hydra been treating you lately?

Hopefully, you have had better luck thanks to Chrissy's great tips about using absorb, shielding and damage reducing powers on your crew and about spreading out. This was one of the tougher battles for me too. I have a buccaneer and I decided to go with an all buccaneer crew against the Hydra, mainly for their extra health and armor. Luckily, I was able to win on the first try but it got a bit dicey for a moment. I think I went with Temujin (Subodai), Eagle Mercenary (his healing is almost like having an extra companion, or at least 2/3 of one), and SM Arson (Dead Mike). But I don't think those will help you with you being a swashbuckler...I think the mercenary is a Bucc only companion and the other two I got with crowns.

The colored heads go down quickly when you can get to them so having a super high damage dealing companion isn't absolutely necessary (that is why I went with all buccs, hoping there high health would keep them around longer.) Get to the colored heads as quickly as possible and try to avoid killing any of the lesser 'non-objective', spawned heads. Like Chrissy said, getting to the 'objective' heads can be the toughest part of the fight. Having to make your way through the masses of spawned heads can mean trouble and lots of unnecessary damage. I farmed the Hydra maybe only 8-10 times and every time I was successful with the all buccaneer crew. I have never tried using any musketeers or swashbucklers, but now you have me curious as to see how they will do in this fight. So now I must try some out!

Hope you have had gotten the best of that Heinous Hydra...if not I surely would be glad to try and help you out.