Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Polaris is the next world know why?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2013
1. They realese a picture of a shark wearing a COAT with mocksins
2. The picture on the pirate101 loading screen change to a ice queen
3. Its around christmas which gets the winter feeling.

The world is deff polaris!

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
David percy on Dec 19, 2013 wrote:

I agree, but i think it's more than that.
They may do 2 worlds like last time, maybe Polaris first then Krokotopia, since it was majorly hinted in the ending of Aquila that we'd be going to Krokotopia.
Maybe we have to travel to polaris to reach the spiral skyway to krokotopia? Probably, but all i know is that it's probably coming out soon, maybe January!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

Lol I am sure Blind Mew is just snickering in his sleeves. He does so love to watch us try to out guess him.

Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2013
DeathWiz101378 on Dec 20, 2013 wrote:
I agree, but i think it's more than that.
They may do 2 worlds like last time, maybe Polaris first then Krokotopia, since it was majorly hinted in the ending of Aquila that we'd be going to Krokotopia.
Maybe we have to travel to polaris to reach the spiral skyway to krokotopia? Probably, but all i know is that it's probably coming out soon, maybe January!
Maybe we have to go to there to fight for a windstone and get caught doing deeds but the picture of the shark wearing a coat and snowboots in the blazing hot sun of krok doesn't lay a finger for me.

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009

One is explained, for A, sharks do not inhabit Polaris naturally (at least from the facts I know), and B, a coat and Moccasins sounds more Eskimo, while Polaris is based off of Russia and maybe France.
Numbers 2 and 3 can be explained for near the same reason, for the loading screen changed to that last year as well in December, meaning that it has no relation to anything other than festivity, and KI has never seemed to base story updates around the time of year. KI probably doesn't know when their updates will exactly come out, so timing for a certain period in the year is near impossible if it isn't a small side quest line like the Halloween one. Also, I don't think Blind Mew would change his vision for the story just so it fits into a holiday's theme. And last but not least, Blind Mew stated in one of the story threads that we will not reach Polaris or Darkmoore until much later in the story, I'm guessing around books 17-18. And one last thing, Why does everyone think Krok is next? They only mentioned it once, and there were about 4 or 5 hints pointing towards Valencia. Besides, Krok seems like AQ in the feel that it is a more magical world, one that works well in wizard, but would be hard to implement in pirate.

F.R. Holystone
lv 65

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
If you take a good look at the picture of the shark on the KI Facebook page, you should notice that he is not dressed for a cold climate. He is wearing a sleeveless vest with what I take to be armoured shoulders, leather gauntlents, and knee pads, his arms, legs, and feet are actually bare - they're the exact same colour as his face.
This shark is not from somewhere cold, but is instead from somewhere very warm, perhaps even from Skull Island itself.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
CdeWinter on Dec 22, 2013 wrote:
If you take a good look at the picture of the shark on the KI Facebook page, you should notice that he is not dressed for a cold climate. He is wearing a sleeveless vest with what I take to be armoured shoulders, leather gauntlents, and knee pads, his arms, legs, and feet are actually bare - they're the exact same colour as his face.
This shark is not from somewhere cold, but is instead from somewhere very warm, perhaps even from Skull Island itself.
Aye, he regalia is of a warm climate and seems eerily Aztec/Skull Island-ish in my opinion.
As for Polaris, I really hope that we can go there eventually. It just seems too good to miss. But I beleve our next objective might be the stormy green skies of Valencia… I think.

Ensign
Nov 11, 2013
I know that most likely go to Valencia next to figure out how to defeat Kane, but why do we need to know now? There's still a couple of map pieces out there we can get but if we go to Valencia the armada will have their metal hands on us and the map pieces before we can say yohoho!

Petty Officer
Jun 28, 2011
anyone listed Valencia in this conversation? Kingsisle majorly hinted that we go back to Valencia to find this Calistro person and figure out the Armada's weakness.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
iceblade1233 on Dec 24, 2013 wrote:
anyone listed Valencia in this conversation? Kingsisle majorly hinted that we go back to Valencia to find this Calistro person and figure out the Armada's weakness.
I don't think a lot of players dispute that we are going back to Valencia for the next book, but rather how long do we stay there? I believe the "what is the next world" stems from the fact that most players believe the next trip to Valencia will not consume the entire book (assuming the showdown with Kane occurs in Valencia later on or in El Dorado after Kane leaves Valencia).

I personally believe we head to some place like Krokotopia (a single skyway) in order to reach Valencia for the second time (much like how we did for Dragonspyre the first time). While in Valencia, we learn a lot more about the Clockwork Elite (and of course what is needed to defeat Kane) and then head to another world with a significant amount of quests. I personally believe that world will be one that hasn't been previously named in quests/story to date.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Oran from Urz on Dec 25, 2013 wrote:
I don't think a lot of players dispute that we are going back to Valencia for the next book, but rather how long do we stay there? I believe the "what is the next world" stems from the fact that most players believe the next trip to Valencia will not consume the entire book (assuming the showdown with Kane occurs in Valencia later on or in El Dorado after Kane leaves Valencia).

I personally believe we head to some place like Krokotopia (a single skyway) in order to reach Valencia for the second time (much like how we did for Dragonspyre the first time). While in Valencia, we learn a lot more about the Clockwork Elite (and of course what is needed to defeat Kane) and then head to another world with a significant amount of quests. I personally believe that world will be one that hasn't been previously named in quests/story to date.
Could very well be. As our beloved Blind Mew is so fond of saying: "We will find out."