Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirate101 Gifting Non-Auction Gear Idea?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
So lets say this happens: Scurvy Michael Jackson has this one of a kind "blades of shade", and as a musketeer he finds this annoying getting it over and over again all the time everytime he does a Cadmus fight. His friend Silly Billy Silver on the other hand has spent 25 hours a day, 8 days a week and 13 months per year trying to get the "blades of shade". Scurvy Michael Jackson looks at Silly Billy and thinks, oh man I wish I could give this to him. To bad he cant. The two friends have no way of gifting something really cool.

So lets help Scurvy MJ and Silly Billy be happy. Trading may create complications, but gifting non-auction gear would not right?

So everytime you get that axe of the minotaur lords, and you see a or who is looking for a good weapon, voila you make them happy by gifting them something awesome!

Or how about that time where you as a max level decided to go to mooshu and voila, you get some witchdoctor gear. And your level 40 friend is struggling to find good gear?

Or how about if YOU want that Praetorian Spear, and your friend has like three or four of that spear type? Next minute you find cool gear!

In order to not disturb the in-game currency, maybe players will have to pay a fee to accept a gift (Yes I know its awkard, not a free gift). Say 14000 for aquilan gear (Dont Complain. At high levels 55+ 14000 should only take 3-6 runs of Friar Sand, approximately 10-25 mins) and maybe 500 for that skull island gear under level 10.

System seems good to me, what do you think?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Golden Guardian on Dec 2, 2013 wrote:
So lets say this happens: Scurvy Michael Jackson has this one of a kind "blades of shade", and as a musketeer he finds this annoying getting it over and over again all the time everytime he does a Cadmus fight. His friend Silly Billy Silver on the other hand has spent 25 hours a day, 8 days a week and 13 months per year trying to get the "blades of shade". Scurvy Michael Jackson looks at Silly Billy and thinks, oh man I wish I could give this to him. To bad he cant. The two friends have no way of gifting something really cool.

So lets help Scurvy MJ and Silly Billy be happy. Trading may create complications, but gifting non-auction gear would not right?

So everytime you get that axe of the minotaur lords, and you see a or who is looking for a good weapon, voila you make them happy by gifting them something awesome!

Or how about that time where you as a max level decided to go to mooshu and voila, you get some witchdoctor gear. And your level 40 friend is struggling to find good gear?

Or how about if YOU want that Praetorian Spear, and your friend has like three or four of that spear type? Next minute you find cool gear!

In order to not disturb the in-game currency, maybe players will have to pay a fee to accept a gift (Yes I know its awkard, not a free gift). Say 14000 for aquilan gear (Dont Complain. At high levels 55+ 14000 should only take 3-6 runs of Friar Sand, approximately 10-25 mins) and maybe 500 for that skull island gear under level 10.

I really like your idea, once I got finished laughing at the idea of a pirate getting annoyed at all those Blades Of Shade drops, I love it except for the fee part. Just let us give it to someone that we chose or *Light bulb lights up* maybe make it that you can only give it to someone that was in the fight with you. That would stop all the annoying begging for stuff from random, greedy pirates. If you can only gift for a limited amount of time and only to those that earned the right to it, I would absolutely LOVE that concept.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Golden Guardian on Dec 2, 2013 wrote:

Hey Golden Guardian

Your are on to something here. I love the idea of being able to gift your no auction gear to a friend.

However, my only issue is that this kind of takes away from what I believe the developers are hoping players get out of the game. It seems that what KI was hoping for, was that if you wanted the really good/rare weapons and gear you truly have to earn them. To me it kind of takes away from that "Christmas morning" feeling when you finally get what you want, after wanting it for sooooooo long (I know that getting a rare drop in no way compares to Christmas morning in reality- but I hope you get my point)

Now I know that it is absolutely fist-clinching, teeth grinding and steam blowing frustrating when you have spent days (maybe even a week or two) trying to get those Blades of Shade, Axe of Minotaur Lords and/or Praetorian Spear, especially when you come across a pirate who got it after 1 or 2 tries. Or even worse when someone is toting around enough of them to equip a small army.

I tried unsuccessfully for several days to get stingy ole Cadmus to drop me his blades and when he finally did I thought I had accomplished the impossible. And you know what I don't even use the blades but I just had to have them.

If everyone in the game could just text chat a friend and say "Hey got an extra this, or that", without even 'breaking a sweat' than I think that would be somewhat frustrating to those of us that actually missed sleep over getting the gear.

This being said, I love your idea about gifting extra, unwanted, no auction gear. Maybe if KI came up with a 'happy medium'- like say the pirate who wanted the gift had to at least defeat the boss that drops it a certain amount of times. If they don't receive it in those tries they will be 'eligible to purchase' the item from a friend. This way they would have to at least put effort into it but still know that they would be 'guaranteed' the reward for those efforts.

Keep the thoughts coming though, you've got some pretty good ideas

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 2, 2013 wrote:
I really like your idea, once I got finished laughing at the idea of a pirate getting annoyed at all those Blades Of Shade drops, I love it except for the fee part. Just let us give it to someone that we chose or *Light bulb lights up* maybe make it that you can only give it to someone that was in the fight with you. That would stop all the annoying begging for stuff from random, greedy pirates. If you can only gift for a limited amount of time and only to those that earned the right to it, I would absolutely LOVE that concept.
@Chrissy
The fee is not what the player chooses. It is what the computer chooses for the value of the item. Accepting a non auction gear freely would completely destroy the system of the bazaar.

The bazaar sells "second-rate" gear which players can buy. If we have free access to "first rate gear" (non auction items) by the method of free gifting, the bazzar would be ruined and the in game economy demolished. That is why when accepting a gift players will have to pay a selected fee from the computer.

@Valkoor
Yes that is a great idea! If I farm cadmus more than 50* times I would be eligible to recieve 1 gift from cadmus from my friend. This does not ruin the farming strategy of the game at all, but at the same time rewards those who have worked hard. Maybe we should also reduce fee price to 5000 for aquilan gear as well if both strategies are combined.Afterall the game has MUCH better stuff than milleniums of farming.

*50-75 seems to be enough of farming**
**There is another complication I will adress later.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Golden Guardian on Dec 4, 2013 wrote:
@Chrissy
The fee is not what the player chooses. It is what the computer chooses for the value of the item. Accepting a non auction gear freely would completely destroy the system of the bazaar.

The bazaar sells "second-rate" gear which players can buy. If we have free access to "first rate gear" (non auction items) by the method of free gifting, the bazzar would be ruined and the in game economy demolished. That is why when accepting a gift players will have to pay a selected fee from the computer.

@Valkoor
Yes that is a great idea! If I farm cadmus more than 50* times I would be eligible to recieve 1 gift from cadmus from my friend. This does not ruin the farming strategy of the game at all, but at the same time rewards those who have worked hard. Maybe we should also reduce fee price to 5000 for aquilan gear as well if both strategies are combined.Afterall the game has MUCH better stuff than milleniums of farming.

*50-75 seems to be enough of farming**
**There is another complication I will adress later.
I think this is the making of a good system, Golden Guardian

Although, maybe I would decrease the # of times farming before the player is eligible to purchase the item from a friend. Especially on some of the dungeon boss fights where you have 3 or more battles before you defeat them and get the gear drop. Some of those take quite a looooong time and I think 50 - 75 might be a bit much. That # sounds perfect though for bosses like Friar Sand where it is a defeat boss only and for Cadmus in which it is a 1 battle and done- after you defeat him the 1st time. (although all that healing the eagle shades do can drag it out, making it seem like 2-3 battles)

This is definitely something that could work in the game and like you said, would uphold the integrity of the bazaar, the in-game economy, the gifting system, and the farming system . Plus, the player receiving the gift would be the required level to use it, have already progressed to the quest that boss/gear is associated with and defeated that particular boss- and therefore would not interfere with the intricacies relating to the flow of the main story and quest line. This could absolutely work.

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
No. Sorry to put a damper on the party, but as Ratbeard says, you get that kind of equipment by earning it yourself. You certainly don't need it in order to complete the game quests. If your playing style really requires you to have a special edge to complete quests, there are other ways to get past those rough spots. The only reason I can see for someone to need those rare items is to be more competitive in PvP. The players with the exceptional PvP sets spent a lot of time farming for gear. It sets a bad trend to have a side economy for gear. KI wants us to do two things in P101, spend real money and spend time playing. Your idea has us doing less of both and still having top notch gear. Besides, if the perfect gear were all so easily available, there would be much less variety in the game. Players would be running around in uniform gear sets, and most everyone would have basically have the same capabilities.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Row4n412 on Dec 4, 2013 wrote:
No. Sorry to put a damper on the party, but as Ratbeard says, you get that kind of equipment by earning it yourself. You certainly don't need it in order to complete the game quests. If your playing style really requires you to have a special edge to complete quests, there are other ways to get past those rough spots. The only reason I can see for someone to need those rare items is to be more competitive in PvP. The players with the exceptional PvP sets spent a lot of time farming for gear. It sets a bad trend to have a side economy for gear. KI wants us to do two things in P101, spend real money and spend time playing. Your idea has us doing less of both and still having top notch gear. Besides, if the perfect gear were all so easily available, there would be much less variety in the game. Players would be running around in uniform gear sets, and most everyone would have basically have the same capabilities.
Understand what you are saying to a point but perhaps you don't quite get what we are saying.

For one, if you are still required to farm the boss 50-75 times ,as Golden Guardian suggested, before being allowed to be 'gifted' (they would still pay in-game gold, not crowns) the bosses gear from a friend, than by all means you have worked for and earned it(Especially when someone else gets the same gear after one or two tries) Chances are that in most cases you will receive some of the rare drops from bosses in those 50 - 75 tries. If by chance you are not giving the rare item drop that you so desire after all that time and effort ,then and only then, would you be eligible to pay in-game gold for that same item, from a friend who already has multiples or has no need for it.

In addition, you are correct in saying that these rare items are not needed in order to advance in the game quests, but in many cases the rare gear is in fact associated with a boss that is part of the main storyline quests. This being said, by default of progressing through the storyline you are going to fight those bosses and get a chance to get their rare gear. Sure your pirate doesn't need the gear in order to finish the main quests or to be successful and gain an edge in the games storyline, but some pirates just want to own those rare items- you know just to say that they have it. Golden Guardian (and myself) never said that our pirates needed the rare boss gear to get through rough spots- it was more just like having a wish list to add the really cool and rare gear to your collection.

Some pirates just flat out have bad or no luck when it comes to boss gear drops, while others are fortunate enough to get it after 1 battle. Who's to say that the pirate who got it after only one try earned it more so than the one who tried 25, 50, 75, 100+ times and never did.

Furthermore it doesn't seem that it would really effect KIs desire for you to spend more real money because none of the boss dropped, rare gear is sold in the crown shop anyway. It also wouldn't effect the amount of time spent playing much at all. Pirates would still be required to farm the boss 50+ times (assuming they didn't receive the rare drop before this number) before receiving a bought gift (from gold, not crowns) from friend's inventory. You would still have some pirates getting the gear in first couple tries and some after 10, 20, 30, 40 even 50 tries- pretty much like it is now Only difference is that you would be rewarded after those 50 tries and have the right to the same gear as the pirate who only had to try once or got 2 of the rare in items in first 5 farming attempts.

Like you said though, KI probably wouldn't want the headache of a side economy system where pirates could sell rare boss drop gear for gold to their friends. And besides I am sure there wouldn't be a chance of anything like this ever happening.

But hey we can at least be allowed to dream can't we
Tis the season after all.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
@Row4n412 (Rowan)
There is a line between "spending time playing" and addiction. I am sure KI wants players to play thier games for a decent while. However they themselves said it is easy for kids to get addicted, and that it p101 should be reward for homework or chores. It is also easy for adults to get addicted. Addiction is unhealthy.

Excessive hours spent on farming is unhealthy and should be avoided. 2 hours a day farming is maximum for me, however right now I am in the 3+ hour zone. Some people do 10-12 hours a day though to get items.

Also the system me and valkoor are trying to make tries to equally balance a fair chunk of farming, in game currency factors and general rewards for those who put a massive effort. Keep in mind that our ideas are just starting, and there will be errors.

PvP is not the only major reason why people farm Others include: Fashion, Ease of gameplay, Collections, Personal Satisfaction and a sense of identity.

P.S: Damper is quite a yummy food where I am from

@Valkoor
Perhaps mini boss battles such as friar sand deserve at least 250 runs to recieve a gift. Ones like cadmus should be around the 100 attempts range. Longer ones such as the cthonic temple in illios should be 80 runs. Mini dungeons such as the phule fight should be around the 60 range. Massive dungeons such as General Tso should be in the 45 range. It may vary depending on the instance I suppose.

Rowan did make a point though. We cant have people just walking around with fancy first rate gear just by gifting. Due to this I think there should be a limitation on how many gifts can be accepted per month per account. I would say 2-3. There should also be a max number of gifted items a player can wear. For this I am sticking with 3.

Complication 1:
How would the game know what item the player seeks? My answer would be the player can receive unlimted gifts and if they like it they can choose it. If they dont choose it within a while the item will be sent back to the user who gifted it. Players can only choose 1 gift per month (or two months) as stated above.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
@Row4n412 As Guardian stated, there are many reasons to 'get the goods' by seemingly endless farming. In fact I myself have never farmed so that I can compete or gain an edge in PvP and have actually only been in maybe 2 PvP battles even though I am max level. I prefer to play the game and get captivated by the storyline of the game, admiring the attention to detail that the developers painstakingly put into it. I also would much rather battle with fellow pirate friends against enemies and help other pirates on quests then I would spend my time in the PvP arena. It's just not something that I am really into but that is just me. I love the fact that the option is there for those who enjoy PvP. Therefore, PvP is the last thing that I want the boss-dropped, rare gear for. I just like to add to my pirate's collection and have that sense of accomplishment. (plus look pretty darn cool like GG stated)

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Golden Guardian on Dec 5, 2013 wrote:
@Row4n412 (Rowan)
There is a line between "spending time playing" and addiction. I am sure KI wants players to play thier games for a decent while. However they themselves said it is easy for kids to get addicted, and that it p101 should be reward for homework or chores. It is also easy for adults to get addicted. Addiction is unhealthy.

Excessive hours spent on farming is unhealthy and should be avoided. 2 hours a day farming is maximum for me, however right now I am in the 3+ hour zone. Some people do 10-12 hours a day though to get items.

Also the system me and valkoor are trying to make tries to equally balance a fair chunk of farming, in game currency factors and general rewards for those who put a massive effort. Keep in mind that our ideas are just starting, and there will be errors.

PvP is not the only major reason why people farm Others include: Fashion, Ease of gameplay, Collections, Personal Satisfaction and a sense of identity.

P.S: Damper is quite a yummy food where I am from

@Valkoor
Perhaps mini boss battles such as friar sand deserve at least 250 runs to recieve a gift. Ones like cadmus should be around the 100 attempts range. Longer ones such as the cthonic temple in illios should be 80 runs. Mini dungeons such as the phule fight should be around the 60 range. Massive dungeons such as General Tso should be in the 45 range. It may vary depending on the instance I suppose.

Rowan did make a point though. We cant have people just walking around with fancy first rate gear just by gifting. Due to this I think there should be a limitation on how many gifts can be accepted per month per account. I would say 2-3. There should also be a max number of gifted items a player can wear. For this I am sticking with 3.

Complication 1:
How would the game know what item the player seeks? My answer would be the player can receive unlimted gifts and if they like it they can choose it. If they dont choose it within a while the item will be sent back to the user who gifted it. Players can only choose 1 gift per month (or two months) as stated above.
Beautifully stated Golden Guardian

I echo your thoughts, especially on gaming addiction. I too believe that it was never in KIs intentions or desires to contribute to gaming addiction in children, teens or adults. I am sure they fully understand the repercussions- socially, academically, and in regards to health and family dynamics- that can be associated with this. As we all know it is easy to become 'fused' to the computer screen for hours on end and most of us have some degree of that "just one more time" illness. So I agree 110% percent with you there.

I also like your new numbers on boss/dungeon farming requirements in order to be eligible for gift (maybe a couple of them could be lower but it is a great place to start) As far as Rowan's point and your stating "We cant have people just walking around with fancy first rate gear just by gifting", in my opinion this wouldn't be to much of a problem. Here's why. With the amount of times farmed we are suggesting, the percentages are pretty high that players will receive what they desire within that # of farming attempts. For instance, chances are pretty good that within 250 farms of Friar you are going to get his weapon, medallion or couple other 'high end gear that he has to offer. Same can be said for Cadmus- within 100 farms more than likely players will get dropped his blades or other good stuff. Therefore, most pirates with the fancy first rate gear will probably have earned it within the 'farming/gifting' requirements. Only those few pirates with truly bad "gear drop luck' will need to use the system. The limitations on gifting might not be necessary if this were to hold true- but it is worth looking looking into.

Also as far as complication 1 goes, I think that the game would not need to know what the player is seeking at all. Just keep producing random drops. The game could however just have a predetermined inventory of what the non-auction gear is worth. It would be solely up to the player that desires the item to know what they are looking for. They would be responsible for finding a pirate friend who has (and is willing to part with) the gear they are looking for. Maybe there could be a thread on message boards with list of players looking for rare gear and other players in need of gold that have that particular item. They could then arrange to meet in game, select each others pirate, click on 'conduct trade' tab, and then click to approve the trade. The game would really have nothing to do with the swap besides determining the amount the item is worth and conducting/approving the transaction. This system would add to the element that the player has to really work to earn the rare, non-auction gear by seeking out a willing trade partner.

This may not work at all or even be possible but it's just more brainstorming afterall

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
There is a reason why this would not be a good idea. This would create the opportunity for the selling of in game items for real life cash by third parties which is NOT a route I think we want to take.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Merciless Morgrim on Dec 6, 2013 wrote:
There is a reason why this would not be a good idea. This would create the opportunity for the selling of in game items for real life cash by third parties which is NOT a route I think we want to take.
Very true, that is a good point However, the opportunity to exploit this already exists. There is nothing stopping a third party (player already with maxed level and high end gear) from trying to sell off there pirate membership or username to someone 'desperate' for good gear and a high level pirate. That 'I just gotta have it and don't want to wait or earn it' mentality is pretty controlling sometimes. The seller could always just create a new username and start all over. Unfortunately there will always be 3rd parties looking to exploit others for money and somehow, despite all efforts, they always seem to prevail- greed seems to find a way. Maybe the message board idea wouldn't work but possibly something in game could be figured out or another avenue could be explored.
It's just a wish list item that somehow we would love to see come true As long as it doesn't harm anyone in anyway of course- players or KI In the mean time we'll keep dreaming

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Merciless Morgrim on Dec 6, 2013 wrote:
I am kind of confused here. Are you saying that in order to accept a gift a player must pay another player real life cash? That is too diabolical and I highly doubt that will happen. What I meant was in order to accept any gifts a player must pay a certain fee (not to anyone, but just to accept it) to maintain the in-game economy. Players WILL NOT pay other players real cash to gain an item.

Speaking from what Valkoor said, 3rd game involvment is there in 99% of any MMO. It is up to the player to decide whether to take the risk and follow the 3rd party.

Here are general rules for 3rd party stuff in P101 in order to be safe that I just made up:
-Never let a player manipulate you. If you see a player manipulate you, ignore them and if they are rude, report them
-Never share too much details on the game. I suppose age and stuff is ok on open, but dont go further!
-Delete friends that seem to use you.
-Dont use hacks and stuff (VERY ILLEGAL), play and pay properly. Authorized fan site contests are ok.

The risks of 3rd party involvment is high in any game, and P101 is no exception. The bazaar and gifting system already create some tension. But they are ok since 90% of the players are wise and know what they are doing. If you have a child who is concerned, play with them and teach them to ignore and report players.

Just play wise and these features (as well as the one me and valkoor are working on) may seem very enjoyable to the good, wise player

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Dec 7, 2013 wrote:
Very true, that is a good point However, the opportunity to exploit this already exists. There is nothing stopping a third party (player already with maxed level and high end gear) from trying to sell off there pirate membership or username to someone 'desperate' for good gear and a high level pirate. That 'I just gotta have it and don't want to wait or earn it' mentality is pretty controlling sometimes. The seller could always just create a new username and start all over. Unfortunately there will always be 3rd parties looking to exploit others for money and somehow, despite all efforts, they always seem to prevail- greed seems to find a way. Maybe the message board idea wouldn't work but possibly something in game could be figured out or another avenue could be explored.
It's just a wish list item that somehow we would love to see come true As long as it doesn't harm anyone in anyway of course- players or KI In the mean time we'll keep dreaming
How sad, black market selling of accounts? I never would have thought of such a thing and I guess that is good. It does go against every rule in the player agreed to rules and if found out they would be permanently banned. Is it really worth it to be so lazy to not do the work for the risk of losing it all? I just know that no amount of money would tempt me to sell my account. Integrity is worth way more than any dollar amount.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 9, 2013 wrote:
How sad, black market selling of accounts? I never would have thought of such a thing and I guess that is good. It does go against every rule in the player agreed to rules and if found out they would be permanently banned. Is it really worth it to be so lazy to not do the work for the risk of losing it all? I just know that no amount of money would tempt me to sell my account. Integrity is worth way more than any dollar amount.
I agree with you a million percent and too would be disgusted by it. It probably would not ever happen because in order to sell off a high-end pirate, one would have to invest months of work to max the pirate out. I was more just trying to make a point to morgrim that nowadays people will go to crazy lengths to be greedy and take advantage of others. His/her concern about our 'wish upon a star system' of players gifting non-auction gear would lead to 3rd party exploits just made me think that there are people out there who will try anything and will blatantly disregard rules if they themselves can prosper at someone else's expense

Like you said no amount of money could make me sell my account either or part with a pirate that I have grown so fond of. For 1, I absolutely love the game, 2 I love the people and friends I've met through the game, 3 I am invigorated by hard work and any challenges that come along with it, 4 I respect, admire, and am grateful for all of the painstaking hard work and dedication that the brilliant minds of KI have put into such an amazing game.

Like you, I too try and see the good in everything, but I only thought of it to suggest that exploitation is everywhere- you can't hide from. With that being said, I just wanted to keep the 'dream' alive that one day my fellow friendly pirates will have equal chances of gaining the amazing boss gear- whether by hard work and determination (and countless exhaustive hours of farming ) or if after trying that route and it not working, then by using in-game gold to 'purchase' the non-auction gear from a friend.

I apologize for bringing up such a dark, negative subject to try and prove a point. I also appreciate your concern and response and even though I don't know you, believe me I can tell that you have a good heart and soul

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Golden Guardian on Dec 9, 2013 wrote:
I am kind of confused here. Are you saying that in order to accept a gift a player must pay another player real life cash? That is too diabolical and I highly doubt that will happen. What I meant was in order to accept any gifts a player must pay a certain fee (not to anyone, but just to accept it) to maintain the in-game economy. Players WILL NOT pay other players real cash to gain an item.

Speaking from what Valkoor said, 3rd game involvment is there in 99% of any MMO. It is up to the player to decide whether to take the risk and follow the 3rd party.

Here are general rules for 3rd party stuff in P101 in order to be safe that I just made up:
-Never let a player manipulate you. If you see a player manipulate you, ignore them and if they are rude, report them
-Never share too much details on the game. I suppose age and stuff is ok on open, but dont go further!
-Dont use hacks and stuff (VERY ILLEGAL), play and pay properly. Authorized fan site contests are ok.

The risks of 3rd party involvment is high in any game, and P101 is no exception. The bazaar and gifting system already create some tension. But they are ok since 90% of the players are wise and know what they are doing. If you have a child who is concerned, play with them and teach them to ignore and report players.

Just play wise and these features (as well as the one me and valkoor are working on) may seem very enjoyable to the good, wise player
Hey Golden Guardian, once again you make excellent points effortlessly.

Like you said we are just trying to find a way to make the game more enjoyable and come up with some ideas to reward players for there massive efforts in the game. When hours and hours and day after day spent farming doesn't yield the same rewards that another player received in one try or with very little effort, I truly believe a system should be implemented to make it less frustrating (and more enjoyable) for those pirates struggling to get the good drops.

Afterall a lot of us are already spending our hard earned money to play pirate101, so a player friendly reward/gifting system would make us feel more appreciated and would demonstrate KIs loyalty to its fans and customers. And as you also said, 3rd party exploitation will be there pretty much no matter what so what harm is it to brainstorm and possibly come up with a great system that rewards fellow players for their dedication to the game.

That being said, have you had any more thoughts or ideas on the topic?

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
This was said about Wizard101, so I would assume that Pirate101 would take the same stance

"We feel that an economy of item trading is not appropriate for our game. KingsIsle Entertainment has developed Wizard101 to be an exciting and fun online experience for people of all ages. We believe that an important part of delivering online entertainment is to provide a safe environment for all players, and that’s a responsibility we take seriously. Introducing an in-game item trading economy does not fit with our values and vision for Wizard101."

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Golden Guardian on Dec 9, 2013 wrote:

Well said with the exception of a couple of things but the main one is that you cannot report someone for rudeness. It is deplorable but not a reportable offence. Here is the link that shows just what you should report for. You don't want to make things worse by getting in trouble for submitting false reports. If they break a rule then by all means report them, other than that, just ignore them and go to another realm to get away from them.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Merciless Morgrim on Dec 9, 2013 wrote:
This was said about Wizard101, so I would assume that Pirate101 would take the same stance

"We feel that an economy of item trading is not appropriate for our game. KingsIsle Entertainment has developed Wizard101 to be an exciting and fun online experience for people of all ages. We believe that an important part of delivering online entertainment is to provide a safe environment for all players, and that’s a responsibility we take seriously. Introducing an in-game item trading economy does not fit with our values and vision for Wizard101."
Hey Morgrim

I absolutely understand your point and KIs stance. I am fully aware that there is way more to what we are talking about. For me, as I have stated- this topic was more like a fantasy, wish-list, dream scenario that I would love to see somehow work. It was meant to be more about brainstorming in a fun way, while dreaming the impossible dream, without getting into all the intricacies and logistics of why it wouldn't work. I am fully aware that this is something KI probably could and would never do, I just simply wish there was a way that they could do it without detriment to themselves or their loyal fans or anyone else for that matter.

I do appreciate your input and contribution to the topic. Great ideas can come from opposing differences of opinion and the greater the constructive criticism is from all sides- the better the ideas are that can stem from it.

Who knows maybe all the discussions, brainstorming and 'meeting of the minds' can one day lead KI to exploring and finding a system that will work.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 10, 2013 wrote:
Well said with the exception of a couple of things but the main one is that you cannot report someone for rudeness. It is deplorable but not a reportable offence. Here is the link that shows just what you should report for. You don't want to make things worse by getting in trouble for submitting false reports. If they break a rule then by all means report them, other than that, just ignore them and go to another realm to get away from them.
Well you are right, but P101 definition of rude is different to my different version of rude. By rude I dont consider sloppy manners or something, but actual coarse language and or a seriously negatively and harshly stated statement that could make players feel unsafe. Sorry for the mis-understanding.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Golden Guardian on Dec 10, 2013 wrote:
Well you are right, but P101 definition of rude is different to my different version of rude. By rude I dont consider sloppy manners or something, but actual coarse language and or a seriously negatively and harshly stated statement that could make players feel unsafe. Sorry for the mis-understanding.
Understood and quite forgiven. Just didn't want anyone else reading to think normal rudeness was reportable.