Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Scylla to hard :(

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Mar 15, 2013
ok so ive been stuck on the Scylla for a couple of days now. I cant even beat a head and ive tried like 5 times. can anyone help? help me in game or give me some tips on beating it?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Pickletastik on Nov 11, 2013 wrote:
ok so ive been stuck on the Scylla for a couple of days now. I cant even beat a head and ive tried like 5 times. can anyone help? help me in game or give me some tips on beating it?
It might be that your ship isn't high enough. You may need to do some shop farming to get a higher ship. No one can unbottle and help you in there, it is a one ship only fight. I am fairly certain that the Marlybone galleon isn't strong enough. Just help out others that are sinking ships and get your nautical up and get a good Eagle ship.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
By the way, Welcome to the message boards Pickeltastic. We are a fun, imaginative bunch that loves to help others and keep each other giggling.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
First off, what ship do you have? I'd suggest getting a Marleybone Galleon, and if you already have it, get the Sirens, the Efreet/Dryad, a sail power that can remove tokens or that boosts your dodge/accuracy.
Before the Scylla, fill up all your mojo potions. After each head, use the potion to heal your ship, or heal whenever you think you should heal. But you should only use one potion per head. If you use all your potions too early, then you won't have them for later, and later might be when you need it most.
I managed to beat the Scylla on my first try by using this strategy. I hope this helped.

~Quick Pearl

Petty Officer
Sep 23, 2012
you can buy some crown go to the crown shop and upgrade your ship to the best of your ability

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Quick Pearl on Nov 12, 2013 wrote:
First off, what ship do you have? I'd suggest getting a Marleybone Galleon, and if you already have it, get the Sirens, the Efreet/Dryad, a sail power that can remove tokens or that boosts your dodge/accuracy.
Before the Scylla, fill up all your mojo potions. After each head, use the potion to heal your ship, or heal whenever you think you should heal. But you should only use one potion per head. If you use all your potions too early, then you won't have them for later, and later might be when you need it most.
I managed to beat the Scylla on my first try by using this strategy. I hope this helped.

~Quick Pearl
Ooops, my bad. My apologies Pearl. I guess with a knowledgeable Captain The Marleybone Galleon can get you through.

Ensign
Oct 22, 2012
I hope you've managed to get by Scylla by now, because I know how frustrating it can be to get stuck on a really hard boss. I'll leave how I managed to get by Scylla on pretty low nautical level anyway though, just in case it might help you or anybody else!

I'm only nautical level 40 right now, but somehow I miraculously managed to get by using a combination of various things. First, I have a Marleybone galleon. Secondly, I farmed until I had reached nautical level 40 so that I could attach level 40 armor, rudder, sails with benediction, and the siren spell to my ship. I also had used crowns a while back to buy war crier's cannons (at least I believe that's what they are called), and I've kept them. And like quick pearl said, mojo potions are a must! I only got through because I had a full dose of mojo potions. I had to go through all three, and use the crowns I had to refill them again so I could use one more to finish off the last head. I basically did exactly what quick pearl is suggesting, and believe me it really does work!

Community Leader
I have indeed gotten past this with a Marleybone Galleon ;)

I always approach the heads from the side, inching in slowly, and engage 1 head at a time.
Once all heads are defeated, I hit TAB, remove the Scylla tokens from deck, and proceed to next step....

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Nov 13, 2013 wrote:
Ooops, my bad. My apologies Pearl. I guess with a knowledgeable Captain The Marleybone Galleon can get you through.
Ah, no need to apologize. ^^ It's all quite alright.

Petty Officer
Mar 15, 2013
Thanks everyone for the good tips I finally beat it thanks for the welcome chrissy!

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
You can also get help from a friend. One of my friends never bought a ship, so he rode in my ship, swabbing the deck (clearing tokens) as I destroyed the Scylla heads. Then we fought the spawn together, he received quest credit, and proceeded to Ithaca. now he has finished the game, and his best ship is Marco Pollo's MooShu skiff.