Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Transportalate for Crowns?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 16, 2010
I'm not sure if this has been brought up, sorry if it has already...

As a non member you pay crowns for Transportalate, and as a member you can use gold.
I am a member, and, Honestly, I am always low on gold, I'm a big spender I guess :D.

Is there any way in an upcoming patch / update where members can be offered which currency they would like to use to transportalate?

Thanks.

First Mate
May 01, 2012
I guess you could have this option. I would probably only use the Gold option anyway. Also, you can always buy Gold for Crowns in the Crown Shop for a work-around until, or if, your idea is implemented. So far, I haven't had any problem with Gold yet although all of my pirates (I am running 6) are in Cool Ranch with 70+ Training Points to use. The only time I have purchased Training Tomes is at the very start of the game and I only purchased 2 to 3.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Frankly, if I were giving advice to new pirates, I would tell them NEVER transportalate. All you do is save time. You can always get on your ship and get to where you need to without spending the gold or the crowns. The shortcut to Skull Island makes most worlds only one storm gate necessary.

I mean, look at the map:

Skull Island
|
+-----------------------------+-------------------------+
| | |
Monquista Mooshu Cool Ranch
| |
Avernus Marlebone
|
Valentia

Ask them if they would be willing to spend five minutes doing something at little risk for 1000 gold. Most would say YES in a heartbeat. Well, each time you travel to a world rather than transportalating, you spend about five minutes, if that much, and save 1000 gold. It amounts to the same thing.

Community Leader
Interesting idea, and maybe something they could easily consider implementing.

I personally would never use crowns for the transportalators.

A few quick ship battling parties with my friends usually keeps my gold up where Transportalators are like pocket change (bus fees).

Also if you hold off on companion training as your pirate levels to make the most of your training tomes, you spend less (if any) gold purchasing tomes, and have more for everything else!!!

When they were first introduced I had concerns about them, but now feel they were an excellent addition/solution to traveling woes in the spiral.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
SlightlyMadWizard on Oct 31, 2013 wrote:
I guess you could have this option. I would probably only use the Gold option anyway. Also, you can always buy Gold for Crowns in the Crown Shop for a work-around until, or if, your idea is implemented. So far, I haven't had any problem with Gold yet although all of my pirates (I am running 6) are in Cool Ranch with 70+ Training Points to use. The only time I have purchased Training Tomes is at the very start of the game and I only purchased 2 to 3.
No, that's a good idea for the most part but, suggesting someone buy gold with crowns is tantamount too... its not a good idea. you get 25,000 gold for 25$. and that's the best value... buying gold with crowns is... its just absurd.

compare, when i battle friar sand (takes me about 60 seconds to defeat him) i either get a drop, or i get round 3,000 gold. per battle. with just me.

so i make 25,000 gold in about 10 minutes.

and so who?? would buy that 25,000 gold for 25$??? I strongly object to this idea, although its good you decided to pitch in and give some advice. this is just my advice as well. no one has to regard it or heed it. but i do whole heartedly believe the gold is too expensive for crowns and i think its a utter waste of money.

much better choice to just farm friar people.

Sorry don't mean to be negative, just look at it with a practical eye.

Xavier

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Max DeGroot on Nov 5, 2013 wrote:
Frankly, if I were giving advice to new pirates, I would tell them NEVER transportalate. All you do is save time. You can always get on your ship and get to where you need to without spending the gold or the crowns. The shortcut to Skull Island makes most worlds only one storm gate necessary.

I mean, look at the map:

Skull Island
|
| | |
| |
Avernus Marlebone
|
Valentia

Ask them if they would be willing to spend five minutes doing something at little risk for 1000 gold. Most would say YES in a heartbeat. Well, each time you travel to a world rather than transportalating, you spend about five minutes, if that much, and save 1000 gold. It amounts to the same thing.
well, i personally love the transportalors and they save me a lot of time. i think its among the best, most useful, and most straight forward things ki have implemented. i would never travel over use of the transportalor. and 1000 gold is trivial to me, i make over 1000 gold subconsciously.

but, that's just my opinion, everyone thinks differently

Ensign
Apr 26, 2010
Max DeGroot on Nov 5, 2013 wrote:

I mean, look at the map:

Skull Island
|
| | |
| |
Avernus Marlebone
|
Valentia

I'd rather not spend five minutes waiting to get everywhere. If there's a faster mode of transport, I'll take it. Besides, you don't go from one world to another a lot until late game. In Aquila, I'll usually get 1000-5000 gold per one battle. One 2-10 minute battle, and I could potentially go from one world to another, instantly, five times. That's far more efficient time and money-wise than 5 minutes to go everywhere. Also, it can sometimes take a good deal more than 5 minutes to sail. To Aquila, for example. You have to go to Tradewinds, and then through a Spiral thread to Monquista, then all the way from one end of Tierra Primata to the other, and then through another spiral thread to get to Aquila. If it's 5 minutes from Skull Island to Monquista, Mooshu, or Cool Ranch, then it's twice that to Marleybone, Aquila, and Avernus. And three times that to Valencia. Of course, this only applies late game, in Marleybone/Aquila.

Just a thought,
Nimble Morgan Quincy, Marleybonian Commander

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Speed Switch on Nov 8, 2013 wrote:
well, i personally love the transportalors and they save me a lot of time. i think its among the best, most useful, and most straight forward things ki have implemented. i would never travel over use of the transportalor. and 1000 gold is trivial to me, i make over 1000 gold subconsciously.

but, that's just my opinion, everyone thinks differently
I love how you think and you almost always make me giggle. Making gold subconsciously....... x giggles again x

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
If I am in need of some quick gold and am on a pirate that can't get to the Friar yet and dealing with an empty friends list (yea I know, a lot of 'if's here ) If I have the crowns I just snag a couple of card packs. For a small amount of crowns you get stuff that sells for really high gold, especially if you get a treasure item that sells for 6 grand. There there is always that possibility of getting that one last companion that I haven't gotten for my collection.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Nov 8, 2013 wrote:
If I am in need of some quick gold and am on a pirate that can't get to the Friar yet and dealing with an empty friends list (yea I know, a lot of 'if's here ) If I have the crowns I just snag a couple of card packs. For a small amount of crowns you get stuff that sells for really high gold, especially if you get a treasure item that sells for 6 grand. There there is always that possibility of getting that one last companion that I haven't gotten for my collection.
yes i remember we realized that one time. if you buy a tribal pack and sell the things in it, you get more than if you bought the gold with crowns, and you save money too.