Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

the worst spell ever

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
charm, charm so I can use my 3x strike on my own team, come on ki really, players SHOULD NOT be able to be charmed

Captain
May 13, 2011
zuto4011a on Sep 9, 2013 wrote:
charm, charm so I can use my 3x strike on my own team, come on ki really, players SHOULD NOT be able to be charmed
its not the worst spell ever. its strategy. people always seem to get hit by a very hard move then complain that its OP

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
Sneaky George Quar... on Sep 14, 2013 wrote:
its not the worst spell ever. its strategy. people always seem to get hit by a very hard move then complain that its OP
There are some bad imbalancing cards, and they are so cause they destroy the oppositions ability to move, strategize, etc.. By that I mean the reason why this spell is bad in terms of PvP is cause players purposely hold off on playing specific cards in order to time them for best placement, but the card causes the player cast upon to randomly use a special card rather than simply attacking which may ruin a persons play (assisting the other team should be with normal attacks as far as I'm concerned). To make things worse there are the stunning cards and although all this doesn't on the surface look so bad, you can use card after card to totally dominate a main character so that they can't move, or do anything, and play only on your side. These types of cards were prevalent in Wizard101 and if you were unfortunate enough to be on the side that played last your game was pretty much over in stun locks, dispels, and beguiles.

Community Leader
I feel the same way about your 3x strike, it should NOT be able to be used on players either, or at least just not on me :)

Community Leader
I guess I'm the odd one here. I like my Charm for Witchdoctor and use it very often. Much like the Beguile in Wizard101 timing is everything.

Owner of Paige's Page Perilous Paige. "Honorary Black Cat of the entire Pirate 101 Fleet"
Captain
Oct 15, 2012
Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
Paige MoonShade on Sep 15, 2013 wrote:
I guess I'm the odd one here. I like my Charm for Witchdoctor and use it very often. Much like the Beguile in Wizard101 timing is everything.
this was not about whether or not the witchdoctor liked charm but about its fairness in PvP from a non-witchdoctor point of view ... in and of itself it is probably fine and there isn't yet enough against changing how it plays in PvP

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
zuto4011a on Sep 9, 2013 wrote:
It's good if YOU'RE the witchdoctor using it, but not if another witchdoctor uses it on YOU.

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
Bosses in PvE can't be charmed and the PC is the boss of his crew, so it is unreasonable to let Charm work on the PC. Also this spell is overpowered in PvP. Witchdoctors already have it too good in PvP with better range than even a rifleman.

Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2013
seasnake on Sep 15, 2013 wrote:
this was not about whether or not the witchdoctor liked charm but about its fairness in PvP from a non-witchdoctor point of view ... in and of itself it is probably fine and there isn't yet enough against changing how it plays in PvP
So you non-witchdoctor have your moment of fame with those fancy smancy attacks but we can't have ours?
Its kinda unfair for us....
- David Percy-

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
David percy on Dec 1, 2013 wrote:
So you non-witchdoctor have your moment of fame with those fancy smancy attacks but we can't have ours?
Its kinda unfair for us....
- David Percy-
I have a witchdoctor, its already overpowered without those cheap cards.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Cheap? Come on guys, lets just agree to disagree without bashing all that hard work the dev's have put into the game. Nothing wrong with liking one class over another one, but it is a bit too far trashing the one you don't like. You like yours better and that is ok, but so are the ones that others prefer. Let's just rejoice in what we love about the game and not focus so much on what you don't like. OK? *Extends hand to shake* It's either that or a hug, your choice.