Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

cool ranch Easter eggs

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
there tons of cool ranch easter eggs but heres mine
i saw a ship whose name was taco blue (for this take out the blue) but the funny thing was we were in cool ranch and there was a ship called taco blue. if you dont get it, its because of taco bells cool ranch tacos ( also have nacho cheese) i guess the blue could be incorporated because of the blue bag it comes in but i just thought the name was funny for the area.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
I believe that's possibly just the randomized order of ship names, but quite nice observation. Eagle eyes for the win!

I've uncovered various Easter eggs all over CR- my favorite being a reference to my second favorite country band. Sorry Dixie Chicks, Pistol Annies come first... But Zeke's quest is to find the Dixie Chicks- and as we know, Prospector Zeke's quests are all named after musical culture. When I saw that reference I exploded in happiness. Uh, I mean that figuratively, because exploding would hurt

Ciao!

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Yes, I have noticed many things in Cool Ranch that make me giggle. All of the names for the Frogerales and Banditoads, for example. I enjoy reading these names in Spanish, so I'll translate into English just some of the many hilarious names that I've found.

Moco de Volar: 'Mucus of Fly'

Maton: 'Bully'

These are the only ones that I can remember off of the top of my head without having to log into Pirate101, but there are many more that jiggle my belly. XD Awesome thread, btw!

~Elizabeth, level 46 ~

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Santa Rana's name is a pun on the Mexican general, General Antonio López de Santa Anna (or so I think) who was a dictator and general during the 19th Century and fought in the Texas Revolutionary War. Rana means frog in Spanish and ryhmes with Anna. I was kinda shocked when I found out about this because it's very clever

First Mate
May 01, 2012
For those who are old enough to remember (or maybe there have been reruns), there was a cartoon about a horse whose name was Quick Draw McGraw (there is a person in Gallo Loco Cantina namde MacDraw). He had a secret identity, El KaBong (our El Kaboing?).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
SlightlyMadWizard on Sep 10, 2013 wrote:
For those who are old enough to remember (or maybe there have been reruns), there was a cartoon about a horse whose name was Quick Draw McGraw (there is a person in Gallo Loco Cantina namde MacDraw). He had a secret identity, El KaBong (our El Kaboing?).
Oh my goodness . I am sorely giving my self away, but I DO remember those. Wow, it's been a while but oh yea I remember them, lol.

Lieutenant
Dec 31, 2012
When you get to Tumbleweed, you meet an interesting fellow by the name of Doctor Tam who wants you to smuggle some mysterious cargo to Cooper's Roost so that another captain, Captain Reynolds, can take it from there.

Both of those characters and the plot for the quest are taken from the Joss Whedon sci-fi / western, Firefly, and the feature length movie, Serenity.

If the quest holds true to the television show, the "mysterious cargo" is Dr. Tam's sister.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
SlightlyMadWizard on Sep 10, 2013 wrote:
ya i just did a thread about that. and it is el kabong. they changed it due to copyright issues. and for my part about the taco. i have noticed allot of ships named taco. i wonder if they like fly tacos....ew. they also made a second reference to mcdraw but in the three amigos quest. he has the guitar and everything

Ensign
Jan 21, 2011
One of my favorites is Rooster Cogburn, who is from one of my arguably favorite movies, True Grit. I also rejoiced in El Toro, who is based off another good one, Zorro.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Emma Hawser on Sep 23, 2013 wrote:
One of my favorites is Rooster Cogburn, who is from one of my arguably favorite movies, True Grit. I also rejoiced in El Toro, who is based off another good one, Zorro.
Agreed Those are two of my favorite characters and True Grit I have seen more times than I can count. I have even read the book.

Oh yea, Welcome to the message boards Emma. We are a fun, friendly crew with ages from sweet young things to those well on in years & packed full of wisdom. Welcome to the family

Ensign
Jun 05, 2011
In Isla Des Mourtos (I don't think I spelled it right... ), if you look closely at the cards on the table, you can see that half of them are Wizard101 treasure cards.

Ensign
Nov 22, 2009
I've seen some funny ship names too, most notably one that translated to, if i remember correctly, "Cheese of the Sun." Some of the enemy names are funny too, such as pretty much everyone the sheriff in coopers roost sends you out to catch. they are all references to westerns, complete with quotes. some of the randomized ones are also hilarious, like "Lightning Hair."

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
I saw a My Little Pony reference

Chief Thunderhoof (A Bison) has the same name as Chief Thunderhooves from MLP FIM

XD as a fan of MLP I absolutely laughed when I saw his name.