Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

good and bad about cool ranch

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 16, 2012
why does cool ranch have five sky ways i mean seriously most only have 1 2 or 3 but 5?! Most worlds take you about about five - seven weeks this took me 2-3 months! Cool ranch has many sky ways but luckily it has a bunch of companions ( the one i like most is EL TORO ) those anyone else agree ? and i think the part i like most is ripping deacon apart ( sry people who haven't done that and didn't know)

your awesome pirate Corrupt miguel Sharp

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Well done Miguel. Yes Cool Ranch is big, but it has to be cause it is our big growth spurt area where we have to get strong enough to beat Deacon. Our reward is our wonderful El Torro x music plays x & he only gets better. You are gonna enjoy your El Torro for the whole game. I look forward to your posts as you have fun growing through the game.

Ensign
Oct 16, 2012
i know but thx now that i think about it there is a buccaner only companion you get right before talking to death named nadya aka madame nadya that is about as strong as el toro

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
flamestar739 on Aug 31, 2013 wrote:
i know but thx now that i think about it there is a buccaner only companion you get right before talking to death named nadya aka madame nadya that is about as strong as el toro
No, she's privateer. I know because I have her.

Pretty Cheryl Walker

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
flamestar739 on Aug 31, 2013 wrote:
Yes you are right, my buccaneer loves her, I believe she has a heal too. By the way, welcome to the message boards. You really have an eye for detail that makes your posts fun. I look forward to hearing what more you have to say.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Cool Ranch is my least favorite set of skyways in the game - primarily because it is so big and the way the individual sections interconnect you spend far, far too much time sailing to and fro and fro and to and there and back and hither and yon and etc., etc. and it becomes tedious to me. I always heave a sigh of relief when I make it to Mooshoo. It doesn't help any that the cowboys-and-Indians motif is to me the least pirate-y of all the themes for the different regions.

That said, there are some fun quests in the region, the puppet shows are a hoot, and el Toro is perhaps the most fun companion in the game. (I think el Toro and Mustang Sally should receive some sort of synergistic boost if both are present in the same combat... sorry, bit of a non sequitur there).

-Indigo

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
flamestar739 on Aug 27, 2013 wrote:
why does cool ranch have five sky ways i mean seriously most only have 1 2 or 3 but 5?! Most worlds take you about about five - seven weeks this took me 2-3 months! Cool ranch has many sky ways but luckily it has a bunch of companions ( the one i like most is EL TORO ) those anyone else agree ? and i think the part i like most is ripping deacon apart ( sry people who haven't done that and didn't know)

It only took me about 2 months but I like it!

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
not getting the magnificent seven all for free= weird and bad thing. Why would one join you but not the others? I mean aren't they supposed to be together? Wasn't that the whole point of doing that really long quest to find them all? And to have to buy them all at the crown shop?! That's seven whole companions we have to buy! Do you people know how many cards that is just to buy three of them let alone all six?! And I personally like to use my cards for time but I REALLY want the magnificent seven!

Ensign
Oct 16, 2012
i agree with all of you guys cool ranch is big fun/boring maybe fun and least pirate like
but privateers don't GET NADYA (but you could get her from the crown shop) oh and el toro is still awesome

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
CheeryCherry1234 on Sep 1, 2013 wrote:
No, she's privateer. I know because I have her.

Pretty Cheryl Walker
oh wait, you mean the class that GETS her! Oops, my bad!

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
Once I heard the music in Arroyo Grande ( I spelled it wrong I think ), I was like this....is...so EPIC!!!!! But not JUST because the music, many more reasons. Get comfy.

Petty Officer
May 30, 2013
flamestar739 on Aug 27, 2013 wrote:

Wait, you get to rip Deacon apart?! Deacon, Kane's spymaster?!? DEACON?!?!?

AWESOME!!!!!