Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

So, what do you want to see in Polaris?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Dec 31, 2012
I figure that eventually we'll have to go to Polaris since it is the only realm mentioned in the story that hasn't been released yet.

What do you guys expect we'll find there? I imagine that Napoleguin will play heavily into the story, but I am not thrilled about the idea of possibly helping Napoleguin take power back from the Walrus Tzars. I don't think I can trust that old bird not to pick up where he left off once the Armada is defeated once and for all.

We'll probably see Polar Bear characters and Polaris would be a good opportunity to introduce a few female companions to our male heavy crews.. A Snow Leopard Privateer with more buffs, maybe?

I don't think that KI can avoid making a Witchdoctor character based on Baba Yaga or Buccaneers / Privateers / Swashbucklers drawn from the Bogatyrs of Kiev.

There is a wealth of Russian / Slavic folklore concerning the creatures / monsters that KI could use to populate Polaris. I think I may actually pay crowns for a Kirin mount and maybe Witchdoctors could get a new female companion based on the Rusalka? Scary!

I've no clue about what I'd like to see in the way of ships. Polaris supposedly had one of the best navies in the Spiral, so I guess we'd see more steampunk looking ships in the Walrus Tzar arsenal.

Also, it never rains or anything in the realms we visit, so maybe it will snow or something in Polaris. Free range weather effects may force me to get a better video card..

I'm looking forward to packing some warm clothing when the annoucement that Test is open.

Talon Deveraux

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
TalonDevereaux68 on Aug 20, 2013 wrote:
I figure that eventually we'll have to go to Polaris since it is the only realm mentioned in the story that hasn't been released yet.

What do you guys expect we'll find there? I imagine that Napoleguin will play heavily into the story, but I am not thrilled about the idea of possibly helping Napoleguin take power back from the Walrus Tzars. I don't think I can trust that old bird not to pick up where he left off once the Armada is defeated once and for all.

We'll probably see Polar Bear characters and Polaris would be a good opportunity to introduce a few female companions to our male heavy crews.. A Snow Leopard Privateer with more buffs, maybe?

I don't think that KI can avoid making a Witchdoctor character based on Baba Yaga or Buccaneers / Privateers / Swashbucklers drawn from the Bogatyrs of Kiev.

There is a wealth of Russian / Slavic folklore concerning the creatures / monsters that KI could use to populate Polaris. I think I may actually pay crowns for a Kirin mount and maybe Witchdoctors could get a new female companion based on the Rusalka? Scary!

I've no clue about what I'd like to see in the way of ships. Polaris supposedly had one of the best navies in the Spiral, so I guess we'd see more steampunk looking ships in the Walrus Tzar arsenal.

Also, it never rains or anything in the realms we visit, so maybe it will snow or something in Polaris. Free range weather effects may force me to get a better video card..

I'm looking forward to packing some warm clothing when the annoucement that Test is open.

Talon Deveraux
I'm not too good at mapping out landscapes in text, but I can say that it will be snowing (and that Catbeard will loose his mind with pickle herring).

I do, however expect (or rather, 'hope') to see companions like Snow foxes, polar bears, and penguins. The only problem is since the whole world is gonna be white with snow, and most of the creatures are as white as the snow, for natural camouflage (snow fox, polar bears, etc.), that they'll be easily blended in and may be easier to caught into, or that the whole world will be lost of color, with only a few specks of blue and green here and there... but that's a small problem that I guess can be overlooked, as long as I get me snow fox companion

Of course, since this is a white, snowy place and is very, very cold... I can see a problem happening here that's kinda cause by Global Warming, and the Armada machines (odds are, the Armada will already be there). That being said, that could be the main problem this world will be going through (since every world before us, there's been a main crises that we'd have to deal with first). The ice is melting, and it getting hotter and hotter, slowly but surly... The people of Polaris needs our help in shutting down the Armada machines and Fort Bases before the pollution melts everything! They're snow creatures: They won't last long in the heat!

Lieutenant
Dec 31, 2012
Wow, the Armada melting the tundra plot device is a really good idea!

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Bloody Belle on Aug 20, 2013 wrote:
I'm not too good at mapping out landscapes in text, but I can say that it will be snowing (and that Catbeard will loose his mind with pickle herring).

I do, however expect (or rather, 'hope') to see companions like Snow foxes, polar bears, and penguins. The only problem is since the whole world is gonna be white with snow, and most of the creatures are as white as the snow, for natural camouflage (snow fox, polar bears, etc.), that they'll be easily blended in and may be easier to caught into, or that the whole world will be lost of color, with only a few specks of blue and green here and there... but that's a small problem that I guess can be overlooked, as long as I get me snow fox companion

Of course, since this is a white, snowy place and is very, very cold... I can see a problem happening here that's kinda cause by Global Warming, and the Armada machines (odds are, the Armada will already be there). That being said, that could be the main problem this world will be going through (since every world before us, there's been a main crises that we'd have to deal with first). The ice is melting, and it getting hotter and hotter, slowly but surly... The people of Polaris needs our help in shutting down the Armada machines and Fort Bases before the pollution melts everything! They're snow creatures: They won't last long in the heat!
I thought about the clothing colors too -- and I believe that smaller details should have our colors on it, and the rest of our outfit would be white. In one of the Roleplay threads (Role Play) I use a character named Jade Stone, who's from Polaris and wears some awesome white and blue clothes. ^_^ The reason why I'm mentioning her is because I liked the character so much that I actually drew her and her outfit, and then I had the problem of coloring it all in. Then I thought... maybe the leggings slightly visible under the skirt, or the pouch on the belt, or the trinkets in her hair could display the colors that she wears, that way the rest of the outfit can be white? So I believe that the belt or the boots could have a 'trim' sort of coloring that our characters and companions use, however the rest of the outfit would be white. Would this be addressing your concern?

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Personally, due to the large publicity craze over Polaris and it's underlying publarity (in both Wizard101 and Pirate101, I'm not thrilled to see Polaris any time soon. I don't hate Polaris at all and I completely don't wanna sound like a party-pooper, but it's just not one of my favorite mentioned worlds. It seems to always be the first world people say when they're asked "What do you think the next world be?" and it's always "Polaris!" (and on some occasions Darkmoor). It's typically Polaris. There's never any mix up. Always predictable. It's a little too popular and there's no recognition of other mentioned worlds. It just gets on my nerves a little. Again, I definitely don't hate Polaris, but I'd like to see it waaay down the line, once it makes sense that this world has a needed purpose.

But that aside, KI can always impress me with any world they make. I've seen some concept art of Polaris and I definitely think it will be fantastic world to venture to. The major thing I want to see is Artic Foxes (preferable as Musketeers, but any class will do). I just want to see those awesome white Artic Foxes roaming around. As pets, as Companions, as NPC's, I just want to see them!
That and Seals and Sea Lions. I'd love to see them somewhere in the story. They could make up something of an Eskimo tribe on the outer parts of Polaris (Eskimos are another thing I'd like to see).

Other than that, I'll leave it up to KI to make up whatever they see fitting for Polaris!

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Polaris is supposed to be a mixture of Russia and France. So I'm hoping to see some french influences in Polaris as well, not just Russian. Since Napologuin is based on Napoleon, I expect we will see him again, but probably not help him take over Polaris again.

In History, Napoleon declared himself Emporer of France following the French Revolution. As Emporer, Napoleon invaded and conquered most of Europe. However, the combined armies of England, Spain, Portugal, Russia, and an eventual revolt of in the French led German/Swiss army led to Napoleon's first defeat. After this defeat, Napoleon was exiled from the European continent to the island of Elba.

This is similar to the Spiral's Polaris Wars where Napologuin was defeated and exiled or sent to Fort Elena.

After only a few years, Napoleon escaped from Elba, raised another army in France and tried again to capture all of Europe. However, Napoleon was defeated by the British (and a few other countries) at the battle of Waterloo. Following Waterloo, Napoleon was exiled to the island of St. Helena where he died under mysterious circumstances. (either old age, or from accidental exposure to black mold)

I expect that when we finally get to Polaris, we will might be roped into helping Marleybone defeat Napologuin at Spiral version of Waterloo. After all, it was us that helped Napologuin escape in the first place, and also all pirates who have completed Marleybone are "Irregular Captains" in the Marleybonean Navy.

Lieutenant
May 21, 2009
I'd love to see the Penguins, Walrus Czars and the Ice Bears of Polaris playing a major role as NPCs and/or companions. The snow leopard privateer the OP mentioned sounds pretty awesome, and having all kind of snow-based characters would be quite nice. Though I can see us going to Napoleguin to get that favor he owes us from freeing him from Fort Elena rather than us going to him because he asks for something again.

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
Cunning Finnigan S... on Aug 20, 2013 wrote:
Personally, due to the large publicity craze over Polaris and it's underlying publarity (in both Wizard101 and Pirate101, I'm not thrilled to see Polaris any time soon. I don't hate Polaris at all and I completely don't wanna sound like a party-pooper, but it's just not one of my favorite mentioned worlds. It seems to always be the first world people say when they're asked "What do you think the next world be?" and it's always "Polaris!" (and on some occasions Darkmoor). It's typically Polaris. There's never any mix up. Always predictable. It's a little too popular and there's no recognition of other mentioned worlds. It just gets on my nerves a little. Again, I definitely don't hate Polaris, but I'd like to see it waaay down the line, once it makes sense that this world has a needed purpose.

But that aside, KI can always impress me with any world they make. I've seen some concept art of Polaris and I definitely think it will be fantastic world to venture to. The major thing I want to see is Artic Foxes (preferable as Musketeers, but any class will do). I just want to see those awesome white Artic Foxes roaming around. As pets, as Companions, as NPC's, I just want to see them!
That and Seals and Sea Lions. I'd love to see them somewhere in the story. They could make up something of an Eskimo tribe on the outer parts of Polaris (Eskimos are another thing I'd like to see).

Other than that, I'll leave it up to KI to make up whatever they see fitting for Polaris!
Honestly, I believe the next world we'll be going to is Valencia, once again. What happens after that, however..?

I just want my hardcore, Arctic Fox companion! lol

Petty Officer
Nov 06, 2012
I think that Polaris will start melting for some reason and we will have to stop it from melting to talk to someone who has a piece of the map or we have to stop it from melting then someone will give us a piece of the map as a reward.

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
You all have very good ideas .what I would like to see in Polaris is a mount from there that you can purchase for gold and a companion that is a polar bear along with a optional high level dungeon .romantic rebbeca ivring aqulia legend .

Ensign
Apr 18, 2010
Lieutenant
Dec 31, 2012
The funny think about Darkmoor is that other than the game lore about Madame Vadima and the fact that the Duck of Death's fleet came from there, there is very little I've heard about the place.

I've at least heard Krokotopia and Grizzleheim mentioned in game a couple of times from other NPC's.

Darkmoor is obviously going to be a pretty nightmarish place; full of undead. I am curious about how much cross-polination we'll get with Wizard101 since Darkmoor is rumored to go live in both games at the same time or if Morganthe will factor into the Pirate101 high-level plotline.

Ensign
Sep 03, 2009
Polaris confuses me, the Czars and building are Russian based from what ive seen, but they have a napoleon penguin and according to a side quest "Polaris Fries" which is based of French stuff. So is Polaris a mix of both?

Bosun
May 06, 2009
The Onyx Rose on Sep 1, 2013 wrote:
Polaris confuses me, the Czars and building are Russian based from what ive seen, but they have a napoleon penguin and according to a side quest "Polaris Fries" which is based of French stuff. So is Polaris a mix of both?
Yes, I had the the same problem. But, yes, Polaris is a mix of Russian and French inspiration, just as Monquista and Valencia both use Italian and Spanish stylings. At least that's what Blind Mew says...

Lieutenant
Dec 31, 2012
Polaris seems to be a world where the Franco - Russian Wars are being played over and over again.

I expect there will be at least one play on words joke concerning The Crimean War.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
TalonDevereaux68 on Sep 4, 2013 wrote:
Polaris seems to be a world where the Franco - Russian Wars are being played over and over again.

I expect there will be at least one play on words joke concerning The Crimean War.
Polaris is either going to be a would based on the Crimean War or a world based on a revolutionary theme I'd say. Personally I would prefer a Crimean War theme.

Ensign
Dec 31, 2011
I LOVE PENGUINS! If they do make Polaris, I REALLY hope they make Swashbucklers have at least ONE penguin companion. I LOVE PENGUINS!

Paul Level 58

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Arctic Foxes Arctic Foxes ARCTIC FOXES! Must... Have... Arctic... FOX!

Ciao!

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
Highlander Fox of ... on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
Arctic Foxes Arctic Foxes ARCTIC FOXES! Must... Have... Arctic... FOX!

Ciao!
Wooo! I agree!

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
I would like to have a FrostFang mount. XD Of course in Role Play, the FrostFang that I imagine isn't a white sabertooth tiger, but rather a large, muscular white wolf that just so happens to have large fangs like a sabertooth. However in Wizard101 there are actually FrostFang and Sabertooth mounts that are tigers, but I imagine them to come from Polaris.

I've thought up some ideas about Polaris, and in my mind I've mapped it out (probably going to lead me to dissapointment once the world actually comes out and it really looks nothing like what I imagined), and it's quite an amazing place and I envy anyone who ever sets foot in it. I oughta draw it up and submit it to Fan Art, but I just can't seem to find the courage...

So, I would like to see a FrostFang mount in Polaris. :D Hopefully later I'll get up the courage to submit Jade's outfit, but, for now, I just have ideas.

~Elizabeth, level 46 ~

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
Just Add Bacon on Sep 9, 2013 wrote:
I would like to have a FrostFang mount. XD Of course in Role Play, the FrostFang that I imagine isn't a white sabertooth tiger, but rather a large, muscular white wolf that just so happens to have large fangs like a sabertooth. However in Wizard101 there are actually FrostFang and Sabertooth mounts that are tigers, but I imagine them to come from Polaris.

I've thought up some ideas about Polaris, and in my mind I've mapped it out (probably going to lead me to dissapointment once the world actually comes out and it really looks nothing like what I imagined), and it's quite an amazing place and I envy anyone who ever sets foot in it. I oughta draw it up and submit it to Fan Art, but I just can't seem to find the courage...

So, I would like to see a FrostFang mount in Polaris. :D Hopefully later I'll get up the courage to submit Jade's outfit, but, for now, I just have ideas.

~Elizabeth, level 46 ~
That makes me think of another companion I want! A Wolf! I also want a wolf on my team, since wolves live in cold climates as well, they could possibly live in Polaris too, right..?

Any who, I want him to look somewhat like the wolf transformation in Wizard101, except maybe he too can be a warrior-looking companion as well..? I don't know why, but ever since meeting that penguin general (i'm not even gonna try to spell his name, lol), I have this feeling that just about everyone born and raised in Polaris grew up to be warriors and fighters (kinda like Grizzelheim)...

PS: Please submit your pictures to Pirate101's Fan Art! I, and many others here, would love to see it!