Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Wizard101 and Pirate101

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 11, 2011
We all know the people who say they like p101 and dont like w101. But this is not the place for them. This is a place for people who like both games. To talk about what they like about both games. I like both my self and i am a lvl 77 balnce wizard and a lvl 33 swashbuckler. plz leave coments on what you ike about both game. If you are going to say bad things about one of the games plz dont.

Administrator
I like both games (obviously), and I have max level characters in both. Although people like a friendly debate, it is nice to see there are people like yourself (and, I assure you, many others) who enjoy playing both Pirate101 and Wizard101.

Thanks for your post!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Yes, it is a great post and I love the positive attitude of it. I love Wizard too, I had a blast in Avalon, I really hope KI comes up with a new game with that theme, I had a blast there. Wish I could have soloed more, it's really tough but the theme and storyline were great. Along with the looks and characters. I have loved Wizard since I first started playing when a neighbor begged me to sign up so she could have a questing partner. I have been hooked on KI ever sense. I guess when your first on line game is with the best, nothing else will ever measure up .
A forever KingsIsle fan

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Aug 19, 2013 wrote:
I like both games (obviously), and I have max level characters in both. Although people like a friendly debate, it is nice to see there are people like yourself (and, I assure you, many others) who enjoy playing both Pirate101 and Wizard101.

Thanks for your post!
same here ( without the max lvl thing )

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Yay! A friendly posting area! I love both games a ton. I just recently got back into W101 and I still like it!
With Pirate101, it is by far one of the most fun MMORPG games I have ever played!

Thanks for making this thread techdemon, and keep up the good work KI!\

For honor, for glory, for victory! Slick Michael Radcliffe Lvl. 65

Petty Officer
Jul 12, 2013
I like both games I am a level 21 ice wizard and a level 33 or 34 buccaneer.

Captain
May 02, 2009
I like both games, but I'll play p101 almost 20/7 and wizard101 4/2 (4 hours a day for two days a week) I guess its because I love ships, cannons, and pirates! I mean, Harry Potter was awesome an all, but I'll take Pirates of the Caribbean any day XD Follow Captain Jack Sparrow!

Coolster50
Prince of Pirate101 Promotion Vids

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
techdemon on Aug 16, 2013 wrote:
We all know the people who say they like p101 and dont like w101. But this is not the place for them. This is a place for people who like both games. To talk about what they like about both games. I like both my self and i am a lvl 77 balnce wizard and a lvl 33 swashbuckler. plz leave coments on what you ike about both game. If you are going to say bad things about one of the games plz dont.
I play both games. Pirate101 since it started in beta. I have five characters all together. What I like best about Wizard101 is that since it has been around for a while it has a very full and rich feel to it. I've been playing it for a few years and still don't know everything about it and the environment is very "wizardy" for lack of a better word lol. What I like best about Pirate101 is the humor you find engrained throughout and the clever references to pop culture. It's the only game I've ever played that makes me laugh out loud. Easily two of the best games on the planet for any age. Now if they would only make a Super Hero101 my life would be complete.

Wicked Erin, Red India, Dark Destiny and Erin Darkthorn x2....the best of both worlds.

Captain
May 16, 2011
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Aug 19, 2013 wrote:
Yes, it is a great post and I love the positive attitude of it. I love Wizard too, I had a blast in Avalon, I really hope KI comes up with a new game with that theme, I had a blast there. Wish I could have soloed more, it's really tough but the theme and storyline were great. Along with the looks and characters. I have loved Wizard since I first started playing when a neighbor begged me to sign up so she could have a questing partner. I have been hooked on KI ever sense. I guess when your first on line game is with the best, nothing else will ever measure up .
A forever KingsIsle fan
I agree, and for a lot people the first reason that they play Pirate101, is because they played Wizard101 first. This applies to me. The first time I played Wizard101 was on a fateful day when my friend and I were watching T.V. We saw the Wintertusk commercial, and then my friend told me he played W101, and that it was a blast. So I signed up, and I liked the game immediately. That is how I play Wizard101, and how I now play Pirate101.

Bosun
May 06, 2009
I absolutely love both Wizard101 and Pirate101! I think that KI has done a splendid job with these games.

I started off with Wizard101 back in 2009 when my brother got into it after seeing KI's first commercial of it. At first I was a little against it, because back when I was younger I thought it was a game for nerds and one of those Dungeons and Dragons games. Boy, was I wrong! As soon as I saw my brother cast a Blood Bat in Unicorn Way, I was hooked! I've played that game for about 4+ years now and still adore it today (despite all the problems people comment about it).

When KI first introduced Pirate101, I was eccstatic! I had to play it. I had to know everything about it from the story, to the game play. If it was in the game, I had to know. As it entered Beta, I got the Boochbeard Bundle and started rockin' ... well sailin' out. I loved the feel of the game and novelty and newness. I loved the new way of game play and just everything. I'll admitt it's novelty has worn off a little bit from those old Skull Island days, but it is a marvelous game all the same.

What I love the most about both games, has to be the Stories and the Artwork put into it. I loved the Malistaire arc, was thrilled in the mood of the Morganthe story, and now I'm just elated about the Pirate101 story. The amount of humor and references they packed into this one is really amazing. And I love that it goes over 100 Levels, because it shows some of KI's best work and craftsmenship as a story teller. There's some much detail in the arc.

And I love KI's vision for worlds and characters. I like looking up concept arc and seeing how a mere picture becomes a core part of the game. And again, you can't beat the detail in each zone. It's like at graphic designers will go that extra mile to make that marble shine, or that hat straight, or that plant smell. The environments made are just jaw-dropping (and the music definitely helps!)

Ensign
Mar 17, 2010
I LOVE both games. Lvl 75 Death Wizard and lvl 24 Swashbuckler.