Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Some schools are better than others? NO.

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Jul 03, 2011
It's so annoying how some people think that their school is so much better than other schools. The powers and talents are different, I know. But it's about your battle strategy! Lots of people say swashbucklers are the best. I'm not hating on swashbucklers when I say this but just because your a swashbuckler, doesn't mean your better than everyone else! I'm a witchdoctor. It seems like there are barely any witchdoctors in this game. Well, I'll have you know, that I am level 31 and I have only lost 3 battles ever. The whole entire time I've been playing. So, are some schools really so much better than others? I think not.

And by the way, I think every school on here is awesome in their own way so if you are a swashbuckler who just read this, this was not to talk bad about swashbucklers. I know that not all swashbucklers think that they are better than everyone else. I know that probably someone from every school thinks that their school is better than the rest. But if you are a swashbuckler who thinks your school is better than the rest, this was to let you know that the other schools are awesome too.

And, if you choose to disagree with this, I don't care. It's not going to change my way of thinking. So if your thinking about posting a comment to tell me how I'm wrong, I won't care. And you'll be wasting your time.

Thanks for reading this.

Rachel (level 31)

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
Well said Ms. Rachel. There is no "best class" and each one has its own advantages and disadvantages that the other classes can surfer from of use to their advantage . What depends most on your favorite class mainly depends on the battle strategy you want to extort.

with great sincerity,

Impish Omar Underwood

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Although that kinda hurt... considering that I'm a swashbuckler... I completely agree. No school is better or worse than the others, it's just a matter of perspective and strategy. Although I've tried every school besides privateer (sorry!) I find that being a swashbuckler fits me best, however I also have a witchdocter that is just about as strong as my swashbuckler. I would be a witchdocter if it weren't so much about death and skulls and stuff. Considering that I'm a 'goody goody' this doesn't go very smoothly for me. However I would highly suggest becoming a witchdocter -- although the accuracy isn't the best, their strategy and fighting style works brilliantly for this game.

~Elizabeth, level 15 ~
~Anne Abbott, level 13 ~

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Jul 22, 2013 wrote:
Although that kinda hurt... considering that I'm a swashbuckler... I completely agree. No school is better or worse than the others, it's just a matter of perspective and strategy. Although I've tried every school besides privateer (sorry!) I find that being a swashbuckler fits me best, however I also have a witchdocter that is just about as strong as my swashbuckler. I would be a witchdocter if it weren't so much about death and skulls and stuff. Considering that I'm a 'goody goody' this doesn't go very smoothly for me. However I would highly suggest becoming a witchdocter -- although the accuracy isn't the best, their strategy and fighting style works brilliantly for this game.

~Elizabeth, level 15 ~
~Anne Abbott, level 13 ~
I know what you mean, Elizabeth, I too felt reluctant about being a witchdoctor for the very same reasons (it's all part and parcel of the 'virtuous' thing, you know ). But, the magical style is something like that described in the Finnish folk epic (supposedly of antiquity), the Kalevala, and that fits better into my folk-tale-loving imagination... hence my new witchdoctor character Anneke (who looks Finnish, and has a Scandinavian name, though the latter was mostly accidental as I chose the name for another reason). And I have to say, I love her laced bodice and grass skirt look, very pleasingly 'girly' to me. Certainly, KI's class balance comes into play here very well, and all my pirate girls are equally fun to play and have unique challenges for each class.

And yes, my main (and first) pirate girl is a swashbuckler, but that has nothing to do with the thought of being better, but rather the chance to be a girl D'Artagnan -- albeit far more even-tempered than Dumas' hero. The opening questions: 'Defending my friend's honor' - at great personal cost, yep, definitely resonates. So does the whole sword and rose motif. But that was just my initial foray, and I have been exploring more of the game - through other characters, since.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
I really do agree with you, though I feel as if you went a bit too hard on us Swashies. If you go onto the Pirate101 commercial on Youtube, you'll find a lot of different opinions on who thinks which class is best, so I think it would have been better to direct this at all classes. (Which you did, but still, it kinda hurt.) You made a VERY good point.

I completely agree with you. No one should say, "____ is the best class!" Though it may be the best class for you, it may not be for others. As I always say, it always depends on your skill and strategy.

I'm going to level up my Witchy after I finish Aquila with my Swash.

~Quick Pearl
~Clever Scarlet

Community Leader
"Best" is a relative term. (relative to each individual)

Whats best to some is not best to others. It all generally evens out in the long run.

I have one of each school pirate, and well when I started a 6th... it was a 2nd Witchdoctor, making it obviously one of my favorites, best? Well to me, but not to everyone.
I find all the schools fun, however I must say that Buccaneer is likely my least favorite.
But that's me, I wouldn't say Buccaneer is the 'worst' simply because I personally enjoy it the least.
Nor would I say Witchdoctor is the best because I personally enjoy playing that school more than the others.

Situations can also play a role.
I do not like playing Privateer I solo situations, however I LOVE playing Privateer when playing with friends.

Stupid little song parody appeared to my last remaining brain cell...
My pirates better than your pirate... my pirates better than yours.
My pirates better because "I created him", my pirates better than yours.

LOL, Just reflection on common attitude.

Peace and Happy Pirating!!! PS: Witchdoctor is the best!!! (j/k)

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
I have to say I agree each class has its specialty, swashbucklers- killing me in pvp. privateers- team buffing. bucks- being able to take a lot of damage. marksmen- long ranged damage, witchdoctor- able to penetrate damage blocks

Gunner's Mate
Jul 03, 2011
I'm sorry that I attacked Swashbucklers in my post. I didn't mean to direct it completely at Swashbucklers- it was meant to be for all schools (even witchdoctors). I was just a little annoyed because I watched the choose your pirate commercial a while ago and I saw all the comments about Swashbucklers. But just now I watched it and saw some about some of the other schools too.

And I'm not saying anything is wrong with confidence about your character and school, etc. You should be able to think that your pirate is great!

So again, I apologize if I took the whole Swashbuckler thing a bit too far.

Rachel - Level 32
P.S. My secondary school is Swashbuckler and their attacks are awesome!!!