Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

cool ranch

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 17, 2013
i really did love the worlds till i got to cool ranch i always need help and everyone says no its way to hard i cant take it i might cancle my membership sorry kl i love wizard101 though so maybe try making this easier and ill love it again

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Don't give up so easily. As you are new to the message boards you may not be aware of all the help available for you here. Look up posts with cool ranch in the topic and you will see oh so many good suggestions and the sharing of wisdom of others. The simplest solution may just be that you just need to level up a bit. I had problems until I got into my twenties and I did really well. Some really tough opponents come your way near your arrival (x Shudders at the memory of the furstunkin scorpions x ), but once you slow down and grow a bit and get your companions through their first promotions and it Will get easier. Three of my pirates have made it through and two more are currently there so I speak from experience. It Is doable.

Bosun
May 10, 2010
jakehero9 on Jul 7, 2013 wrote:
i really did love the worlds till i got to cool ranch i always need help and everyone says no its way to hard i cant take it i might cancle my membership sorry kl i love wizard101 though so maybe try making this easier and ill love it again
When you get to Cool Ranch, most of the side quests are designed to be hard. If you pick them up, but follow the main story line, you will eventually have multiple quests for the same battles and you will be much higher in level, which will also make the battles easier.

Make sure you keep your companions trained and promoted. Learn your enemies, use appropriate gear against each and every enemy.

This game is not as hard as some people complain it to be, but if you think you don't have to do anything except sleep through it, you will definitely fail.

Ensign
May 17, 2013
thanks for the help so far i am level 26 now but i am still losing any more tips?

Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
jakehero9 on Jul 7, 2013 wrote:
don't simply give up just because of cool ranch everyone has had their troubles in cool ranch before including me but I have my witchdoctor has started their and is already done with the el toro plot already and I had no problem with my swash and privateer once I realized what I needed to do to be great in cool ranch. 1 I upgraded my companions as much as I thought they needed to be 2 I did a bunch of side quests and got 2 lvls up from it and after that cool ranch was a breeze for me so take my advice and everybody elses and see if this makes your problem a lot easier if you need more help just ask someone in the message boards.

Bosun
May 10, 2010
jakehero9 on Jul 9, 2013 wrote:
thanks for the help so far i am level 26 now but i am still losing any more tips?
Use rings, totems, and charms that give accuracy or dodge, and damage, not health and things that are unnecessary.

If you dodge an attack, you don't take damage, so dodge is better than armor or resistance. If you miss you are not doing any damage, so you need accuracy, but you also need damage so that you can take out the enemies before they take you out. A good mix and match helps. If you have the crowns to spend, I suggest getting the eye-patches or totems, they have all 3 stats.

When getting gear, get both Armor and resistance for when you are fighting melee or ranged so you can switch out when necessary. Get damage and the boost of your stat for the weapon you are using. Pending on your class, make sure to use weapons that best benefit and compliment your skills and talents.

Say you are a Buccaneer, keep using smashy/slashy weapons and train in slashy 1 and slashy 2.
If you are a Swashbuckler, stay with stabby/slashy or stabby/shooty and train in the secondary class.

For Companions, I always train them in Rough, Accuracy, then Dodge. When you get main companions to level 20, respect them if you can and get rid of the unnecessary talents and get rough 2, accuracy 2 and dodge 2. Do the same thing when you get them to level 40, so you can get rough 3, accuracy 3, and dodge 3.

As for Epics, Relentless and Burst Fire are great epics, but so is Riposte and First Strike.

These are the main tips of advice I can give.

Ensign
May 17, 2013