Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Uh, what?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 23, 2011
Okay, so I always though you needed membership for the message boards, so I never posted before. So I'm new here. Keep that in mind!

Okay, so this doesn't happen all the time, but many times as I exit an area, a glitch occurs. Well, this glitch can be annoying sometimes.

SYMPTOMS: When I exit another area to get on a ship, my ship is invisible. I can see the circles, but not the ship. This ends when I steer it.

When I exit another area to another area, I once ended up floating in the sky, far from lets say, Skull Island, when I wanted to exit Avery's house place, I ended up in the sky, far from my destination.
I would like to know why this occurs. Am I the only one who has this problem?

Vanessa Everhart. Level 18
Melody Collins. Level 14
Allison Hawkins. Level 6

Ensign
Dec 09, 2012
Vanessa Everhart on Jul 5, 2013 wrote:
Okay, so I always though you needed membership for the message boards, so I never posted before. So I'm new here. Keep that in mind!

Okay, so this doesn't happen all the time, but many times as I exit an area, a glitch occurs. Well, this glitch can be annoying sometimes.

SYMPTOMS: When I exit another area to get on a ship, my ship is invisible. I can see the circles, but not the ship. This ends when I steer it.

When I exit another area to another area, I once ended up floating in the sky, far from lets say, Skull Island, when I wanted to exit Avery's house place, I ended up in the sky, far from my destination.

Melody Collins. Level 14
Allison Hawkins. Level 6
This happens to me sometimes too. I dont think its exactly a glitch in the game (cause KI is awesome) but it can be ur computer. I have my laptop and sometimes it lags or glitches. i do have the same ship glitch as u do it happens. and i think i ended up floating in the skyway a couple of times when i tried to go to another area but my computer was being super laggy that day . If you know ur computer is super epic and it runs super fast and stuff then its probably the game but i doubt that. If you dont have the best computer around then its usually the computer, but things happen like this to people a lot so dont worry it just happens.
Krystal Everhart Lvl.64

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
I got the midair glitch just like you did. Well, one time. LOL Don't know how to fix it though.
Just go back and try again, or switch districts.

Pretty Cheryl Walker
Lenora
Lovable Natalie

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
I've had this problem as well, mate. It's a fairly common loading glitch which I believe will happen no matter what (depending how well your computer runs).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

Melody Collins. Level 14
Allison Hawkins. Level 6
It's just a loading issue or it can be your video card needs an updated driver or it's just one of those unique glitches that happen to me once in awhile to keep things interesting. I look at it as being given a glimpse of the inner makings of the game and see it like being at a magic show and head off to go to the bathroom but you take a wrong turn and you find yourself backstage and you get to poke around a little to see how it's done. I get to be somewhere unique and try to see it as a rare treat. Just moving or going to the last life fountain usually gets you back on familiar turf, so its just a tiny moment of your time that you got a peek of what most don't see.

Ensign
Jan 23, 2011
Thanks for the help! But it is kind of interesting. Yes, I do have a really old laptop. I did one time, I think it was during the first release of the game, that week that you had to buy a bundle or game card to get in or something, and I know the game was new. I was questing, and I ended up in the sky. It was cool, imagine seeking a floating pirate. Did a wizard enter the world of pirates? o: I made a friend though. xD

Vanessa Everhart Level 20
Melody Collins Level 14
Allison Hawkins Level 6

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
This has happened to me too, once I teleported back to my last life fountain, Avery's Court, and I ended up floating above the docks but they weren't actually the docks!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
P.S. Welcome to the message boards . You were right, before you had to be a member but the finally were able to change that and now all can post. I hope to see you in the game sometime. Hmm I need to write down all my current levels, I can never keep them straight but this is kinda close.
Fair Christina Nightingale 65 Aquila Finished current storyline
Merciful Christina 52 Marleybone New arrival
Darling Christina Dove 58 Marleybone Just got Gracie's Golem
Strong Christina 36 ? Cool Ranch area, Just did Scorpion Rock
Golden Christina 20 ? Cool Ranch area, Tumbleweed

First Mate
May 01, 2012
Floating in the air happened to me too and Support found that I needed to update my video drivers. So make sure that your video drivers are the latest ones.

Petty Officer
Sep 26, 2011
Only happened to me once when my computer was still getting use to it

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jul 8, 2013 wrote:
P.S. Welcome to the message boards . You were right, before you had to be a member but the finally were able to change that and now all can post. I hope to see you in the game sometime. Hmm I need to write down all my current levels, I can never keep them straight but this is kinda close.
Fair Christina Nightingale 65 Aquila Finished current storyline
Merciful Christina 52 Marleybone New arrival
Darling Christina Dove 58 Marleybone Just got Gracie's Golem
Strong Christina 36 ? Cool Ranch area, Just did Scorpion Rock
Golden Christina 20 ? Cool Ranch area, Tumbleweed
Pretty Serena Heath level20 in cool ranch it acidentally deleted her and now I can't get her back .Can you please get her back .romantic rebbeca ivring 65 finished the storyline .pretty Natalie night angle trying to get the monquistia drains but she needs help.simple genieve Nicholas 4.

Petty Officer
Dec 30, 2012

Melody Collins. Level 14
Allison Hawkins. Level 6
Yeah, this happened to me a few times in Mooshu. Just thought I would point it out.