Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Nautical Bank

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
We have can have many, many ships. I'm guessing that means they intend us to collect ships rather than sell the old one as soon as we get a new one. I like to sometimes change to ships that match the area I'm in. I like that the current ship's equipped items are marked with the blue hand and not able to be sold while equipped. I would also like to see how high a level the lower ships could be raised to with great equipment added.
I'm wondering about the equipment on the ships we are not currently using, the bottled ones. Some parts are usable on any ship, but so many aren't. If I get a Marleybone frigate equipped just how I like it, but am currently sailing in a Mooshu Galleon, it seems like the Marleybone frigate's sails and figurehead will show up as unequipped and unusable equipment and sellable instantly. Is that the case? Is the gear you equipped to your other ships protected in some way from accidental sales? It's not like I can swap in a Mooshu galleon's sail and figurehead to it if I accidentally sell the marleybone ones. On the other hand, I don't want to keep duplicate parts in the bank, for fear of selling one my ship needs. Do the bottled ships' parts show up as sellable in the inventory or are they left off the list till you unbottle them? I wish there was a greyed out hand to show which parts are equipped to a bottled ship, if they show up on inventory.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Calamity Finch on Jun 21, 2013 wrote:
We have can have many, many ships. I'm guessing that means they intend us to collect ships rather than sell the old one as soon as we get a new one. I like to sometimes change to ships that match the area I'm in. I like that the current ship's equipped items are marked with the blue hand and not able to be sold while equipped. I would also like to see how high a level the lower ships could be raised to with great equipment added.
I'm wondering about the equipment on the ships we are not currently using, the bottled ones. Some parts are usable on any ship, but so many aren't. If I get a Marleybone frigate equipped just how I like it, but am currently sailing in a Mooshu Galleon, it seems like the Marleybone frigate's sails and figurehead will show up as unequipped and unusable equipment and sellable instantly. Is that the case? Is the gear you equipped to your other ships protected in some way from accidental sales? It's not like I can swap in a Mooshu galleon's sail and figurehead to it if I accidentally sell the marleybone ones. On the other hand, I don't want to keep duplicate parts in the bank, for fear of selling one my ship needs. Do the bottled ships' parts show up as sellable in the inventory or are they left off the list till you unbottle them? I wish there was a greyed out hand to show which parts are equipped to a bottled ship, if they show up on inventory.
No those parts don't show up in sellable inventory. If it is equipped on a bottled ship then you cannot accidentally sell it. I am SO glad these items don't count as inventory items. I have enough problems with trying to keep my backpack clear ( Thank you KingsIsle for that little perc. ). I do wish that could take a ship's gear into one package and put it in the shared back so that it is easier to pass it along to a younger pirate just getting into their next ship. I know I can share them one by one, but with the limits it sure would speed up the process .

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I must have had some duplicate parts that were the same as the ones on the bottled ship, because I thought they were showing in regular inventory. Thanks.