Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Weird?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Dec 18, 2010
So just minutes ago, I get called to skull island once I reach level 24 by Ol' Fish Eye. He tells me to go see Captain Avery. I look at the reward for the quest, it's a gun! But I am a buccaneer! What use do I have with a gun? Was this intentional, or a bug?

Also, I went to Morderkai because I felt like looking at the talents and powers I will achieve in near future, and what do you know, a power was available for level 23! Morderkai never told me about this once I reached level 23,and I find it weird, because The Commodore warns my Privateer when HE has a new talent/power!

Can a Mod please answer my first question? As for the second one, I know it's a bug, just how can it be fixed?

Administrator
1- It's not a bug! We've given all classes a few side training quests that grant a weapon outside of their class's main focus for those players who like to mix things up a bit.

2- I believe trainers only call you back when you have a special quest for a talent or power, but not for talents and powers that are regularly listed in their training interface. (I'll double check this for you .)

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Petty Officer
Dec 18, 2010
Oh ok, so you are saying that in near future, Morderkai will call me for a buccaneer weapon?

And as for the second one, I meant my privateer gets warns of every talent/power that is available. I also used to get warned by modernist on my buc also.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
And guess who the only class is who doesn't receive the quest for the peacemaker colts? Yup, the musketeer. Mine thieved some from another one of my pirates anyway.

Administrator
Spark of the land on Jun 10, 2013 wrote:
Oh ok, so you are saying that in near future, Morderkai will call me for a buccaneer weapon?

And as for the second one, I meant my privateer gets warns of every talent/power that is available. I also used to get warned by modernist on my buc also.
Following up on this. The designers are telling me that the summons from your trainer slowly ramp down. In other words, they will call you back when new talents and powers are available--almost every time at low levels and then with decreasing frequency at higher levels.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Petty Officer
Dec 18, 2010
Indigo Ring on Jun 10, 2013 wrote:
And guess who the only class is who doesn't receive the quest for the peacemaker colts? Yup, the musketeer. Mine thieved some from another one of my pirates anyway.
Hm, maybe my privateer can get me the Buccaneer weapon?

As for my last post, I was typing on a kindle. That is why Morderkai turned into modernist. Someetimes, I can just hate auto-spell check!

OMG GIANT SWORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!