Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Hilarious criticals!

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 29, 2011
I just got Catbeard as a companion yesterday and I first tried him out in battle today. When he used his critical the first time, I literally fell over laughing. The only thing I could think of was: "Fish Frenzy of Death!"

Ensign
Sep 08, 2011
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Lol I agree, Just wait until you see him blow up his fish or does his minuet dance

Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
I just promoted my Milo Graytail to his tier 3 the other day. I think he's been hanging around Ratbeard too much, though
Now for his epic critical he does this spin thing where he hits with each spin. Only when he gets done he hangs his head and there are stars swirling above like he got dizzy! LOL

I'm pretty sure somewhere Ratbeard is looking on thinking, "He's just a young rat and h'es trying but he STILL ain't as scurvy as me!"

~SM~

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
SorceressMiklai on Jun 10, 2013 wrote:
I just promoted my Milo Graytail to his tier 3 the other day. I think he's been hanging around Ratbeard too much, though
Now for his epic critical he does this spin thing where he hits with each spin. Only when he gets done he hangs his head and there are stars swirling above like he got dizzy! LOL

I'm pretty sure somewhere Ratbeard is looking on thinking, "He's just a young rat and h'es trying but he STILL ain't as scurvy as me!"

~SM~
Hahah, I never noticed that. That's awesome XD

Developer
My favorite critical in the game is Milo's "field goal" kick. It cracks me up every time he does it.

Plus he goes, "Woo... Hoo!" when he finishes off an enemy.

And he has a goofy voice and some of the best lines in the game.

So I pretty much find myself choosing Milo's background for all new characters, just so I can have him along to make me chuckle.

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
alot of my main companions don't have crits that i find funny but companions like Khan have crits that i think are really cool.

Khan has that mega crit where he chest kicks the enemy plus his epic where he does the elbow hits

Ensign
Apr 28, 2011
Some critical animations I liked were...
  • Gaspard De Vole's Epic hit- Bet he'd be dizzy spinning in that many circles...
  • Duck Holliday's Critical hit- Shoots his giant gun with so much power he falls back
  • Egg Shen's Epic hit- Again, wouldn't he be dizzy flipping so much?
  • El Tiburon's Critical hit- I put a hole in your ship and chomped you, bwahahahaha!
  • Catbeard's Super hit (only seen it in pvp)- fling, fling, fling, fling, fling, fling, fish, for, the, win!
  • Kan Po's Epic hit- I like how it makes you think the animation is over, but there's more stick hitting!
I'm showing my whole gang!
Bloody Nigel Templeton, Level 47
Sullen Pedro Devereaux, Level 24
Fiery Brody Voss, Level 15
Merciless Connor Ingham, Level 10
Noble Joseph Bristol, Level 8

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Ratbeard on Jun 11, 2013 wrote:
My favorite critical in the game is Milo's "field goal" kick. It cracks me up every time he does it.

Plus he goes, "Woo... Hoo!" when he finishes off an enemy.

And he has a goofy voice and some of the best lines in the game.

So I pretty much find myself choosing Milo's background for all new characters, just so I can have him along to make me chuckle.
I agree, Milo's kick is so high, it makes me hurt just watching it. He could win a position in the Rockettes with that kick alone

Lieutenant
Mar 30, 2011
L O L woo! cat beards crictal is so funny and when hits and arent you wasteing your critcal hit when you eat a fish in his dance BAM FISH blast so funny

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
Yeah there is lots of funny stuff throughout the game. Not only with criticals but with character interactions. They seem to have taken it to the next level in the new worlds. The exchanges between Hawkules and El Toro are very funny. Also Ratbeard saying..." Explosives aren't my answer...it's THE answer! They always work!" Monkey King always has something sarcastic to say but the Ettins have to be my favorite. They crack me up when they take hits and their pro wrestling style criticals are hilarious.

Wicked Erin, Self Appointed Unlimited Class World Swashbuckling Champion Supreme

Ensign
Nov 26, 2012
My favorite part of Catbeard's critical is when he finishes throwing fish and then calmly says, "Meow," almost like he's bored with his opponent. Cracks me up every time!