Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Bounty Hunter

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
Dear K.I.
Hi, I thought of this cool idea for the game that I thought everyone might like. Bounty Hunters, your pirate can become one and get paid extra when he/she helps friends. Also there's a new board in skull island, around the area where the bazaar is where people can put help requests to the bounty hunters, stuff like help fight, or find, or even help me in offical pvp (If offical pvp comes in of course). They get payed an amount of money if they complete the persons' request, say 50-150 of for tougher requests 300-425 in cash, it doesn't come out of the requestor's pocket either, it comes from the person who made you a Bounty Hunter. So basically you get paid for helping friends and other people which would do good for pocket money.

If you like this idea K.I. or anybody else please tell me or yar.

Captain
May 13, 2011
that would encourage helping and you can also find someone who needs help. good idea, but will the requests disappear when the person logs out? how does the person know someone accepted the request? can the person cancel the request at any time?

Community Leader
noahdd on May 28, 2013 wrote:
Dear K.I.
Hi, I thought of this cool idea for the game that I thought everyone might like. Bounty Hunters, your pirate can become one and get paid extra when he/she helps friends. Also there's a new board in skull island, around the area where the bazaar is where people can put help requests to the bounty hunters, stuff like help fight, or find, or even help me in offical pvp (If offical pvp comes in of course). They get payed an amount of money if they complete the persons' request, say 50-150 of for tougher requests 300-425 in cash, it doesn't come out of the requestor's pocket either, it comes from the person who made you a Bounty Hunter. So basically you get paid for helping friends and other people which would do good for pocket money.

If you like this idea K.I. or anybody else please tell me or yar.
It sounds like what you want is a matchmaking system like many MMO's have for daily dungeons/raids. I would imagine that when ranked PvP is added, it will have it's own matchmaking system. For PvE, though, in order for this to work, people would have to queue up for a dungeon (similar to how you queue for a PvP match in W101) and wait for another player to join. I don't know if they will add this. I wouldn't mind it, but I just don't know if it's necessary as all of the dungeons (so far) are designed with soloing in mind. Outside of the game, you could always contact P101 fansite Mercenaries for Charter as they offer to respond to requests for help. Otherwise, I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Ensign
Sep 30, 2012
Sounds like a brilliant idea, I would adore bounty hunters. I'd just spend the whole day ranking in money! We're going to have to wait and see.

*Obnoxious Wolf Armstrong* lvl 51

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
Sneaky George Quar... on May 30, 2013 wrote:
that would encourage helping and you can also find someone who needs help. good idea, but will the requests disappear when the person logs out? how does the person know someone accepted the request? can the person cancel the request at any time?
The requests don't disappear when they log out but are unacceptable until the player logs on again.
The person will receive a thing that say "Someone accepted you quest" someone would be replaced with the name, just using that as example.
They can cancel the rquests by going to the board, selecting the request, and click a remove request button, or set up a time period in which it is avaible like say, two days.
Also players who accept the request can turn it down any time.

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
Piggy Pirate on May 31, 2013 wrote:
Sounds like a brilliant idea, I would adore bounty hunters. I'd just spend the whole day ranking in money! We're going to have to wait and see.

*Obnoxious Wolf Armstrong* lvl 51
Thank you.

Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
Exactly, like meeting in this place called the "Bounty Chamber" in Skull Island, and accepting each other's quests.

Like for example. Two people go to the Bounty Chamber and accept each other's quest to fight 250 Troggies and another quest to defeat 5 Monquistan ships. It would work like that!

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
Mark Laveer on Jun 29, 2013 wrote:
Exactly, like meeting in this place called the "Bounty Chamber" in Skull Island, and accepting each other's quests.

Like for example. Two people go to the Bounty Chamber and accept each other's quest to fight 250 Troggies and another quest to defeat 5 Monquistan ships. It would work like that!
Yup.