Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

yellow windstones

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 11, 2010
Can somesome help with Port Royal? I am trying to get the yellow windstone in the commanders office. I can't get to the new world without it and I can't beat the 2 waves of red coats. It is impossible I have tried 20 times and get beat. Help

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Three waves of redcoats actually (although the last one you only have to defeat the boss)-- yes, that was quite an interesting surprise, wasn't it? I did the encounter tonight, and made it through the first time (barely, but a win is a win!), but if I was to do it over again I'd be more prepared, and my strategy would be:
1) Have at least an additional musketeer besides Bonnie Anne, maybe all musketeers (although Sarah Steele did well until she died).
2) Have every healing spell I could on my person. Fortunately, I had already packed several through my equipment. Check out the bazaar and see if any equipment there has healing spells if you need to.
3) Space out all my spells carefully, knowing I would need them through three successive fights
4) Last fight, focus all my attention on the boss. Yes, he protects himself, but damage still gets through
Each class will have specific advantages, but for my swashbuckler, gallant defense was very helpful, allowing my companions to get through at least one of the fights (I got smacked a lot but I was better able to take it), and I did multiple activities when choosing to hide in shadows (healing, buffing, poisoning) before doing a damage attack. And if you are still having trouble, spend points to bring your companions up as far as you can. I hope this is helpful.
Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Ensign
Sep 13, 2009
I too had trouble fighting the redcoat boss. To beat him though you need to kill the helper fighters first because he uses a spell called Sacrifice which kills one of his helpers but gives him full health. I recommend using Bonnie Ann, ElToro, and someone who can heal.

Smarmy Mason Easton Level 51

Ensign
May 11, 2010
Ensign
Mar 26, 2012
Have that snake witchdoctor as your first mate (that is if she still is available to everyone) and use Mournsong on the toughest enemy first round.Or you can send you and a companion to attack a enemy and send two others to attack another and those two companions can be a good team like I discovered the eagle archer and Lt. Springer are a good team.

Cass Underwood LVl 51
Ryan Underwood Lvl 16
Andrew Underwood Lvl 3
Samuel Underwood LVl 4

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
candylover275 on May 24, 2013 wrote:
I too had trouble fighting the redcoat boss. To beat him though you need to kill the helper fighters first because he uses a spell called Sacrifice which kills one of his helpers but gives him full health. I recommend using Bonnie Ann, ElToro, and someone who can heal.

Smarmy Mason Easton Level 51
I have had better luck with a different strategy. When a boss uses sacrifice I just hit the boss. I only have do damage to him for half his level then he takes out a Whole minion of his to heal, so for half the effort I am able to eliminate a whole fighter. Sure his health is a bit higher than theirs but if you do the math, half the effort for a whole kill is much faster. Several rounds I was able to him hard enough to have him take out two of his guys in one turn.
Now when they use leech, that is another story. They don't do enough damage to their own side and they heal way too well, so in that situation I am totally in agreement with taking out all his guys first then finishing off the boss. I hope this helps.

Ensign
Sep 13, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on May 25, 2013 wrote:
I have had better luck with a different strategy. When a boss uses sacrifice I just hit the boss. I only have do damage to him for half his level then he takes out a Whole minion of his to heal, so for half the effort I am able to eliminate a whole fighter. Sure his health is a bit higher than theirs but if you do the math, half the effort for a whole kill is much faster. Several rounds I was able to him hard enough to have him take out two of his guys in one turn.
Now when they use leech, that is another story. They don't do enough damage to their own side and they heal way too well, so in that situation I am totally in agreement with taking out all his guys first then finishing off the boss. I hope this helps.
I guess that would work but bosses normally have more health than helpers so that idea wouldt ake more time than it would be to kill all the helpers and then kill the boss in my opinion.

Smarmy Mason Easton Level 58

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
candylover275 on Jun 4, 2013 wrote:
I guess that would work but bosses normally have more health than helpers so that idea wouldt ake more time than it would be to kill all the helpers and then kill the boss in my opinion.

Smarmy Mason Easton Level 58
I thought of that and in the test realm and in the live game I have tried it both ways, as several of my friends also have differing opinions on the best way to deal with a sacrificing boss, and in all my unscientific tests I killed the boss much faster by just attacking him. The fact that some rounds my damage would cause him to take out more that one of his guys factored greatly. So in my trials attacking the boss, even though he was higher life than the minions, got me through the fight faster.
I am aware that 'Someone convinced against their will is unconvinced still' but I just wanted to put the information out there so it can be weighed with all the rest.

Ensign
May 11, 2010
OK I quit. I'm the only one to get to the third wave and get killed in first round. I don't have enough healings. I use bonny Anne but she only has one I only have two small. I've sold everything to level up my companions and they are 57, 56, 53 and I'm 56 and I can't beat it. so I have to quit this game. For me it's impossible

Community Leader
lola1088 on Jun 7, 2013 wrote:
OK I quit. I'm the only one to get to the third wave and get killed in first round. I don't have enough healings. I use bonny Anne but she only has one I only have two small. I've sold everything to level up my companions and they are 57, 56, 53 and I'm 56 and I can't beat it. so I have to quit this game. For me it's impossible
What class are you? Which other companions are you using? I hate to think of you getting stuck without getting a chance to see Marleybone! This is a tough fight, but it can be done. Without knowing anything else, I would say hold back and let the enemy come to you, try and focus all your attention on downing 1 mob at a time if you don't have a lot of area of attack abilities for your class. Use El Toro if you aren't already. His boost to accuracy and dodge along with his ability to swing from one side of the conference table to the other is very useful.

Also, don't forget that in round 3, you just have to defeat the boss, not all the other dogs as well.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Perhaps we could meet somehow? It's tough yes but doable. I am a privateer with plenty of heals for you. or you could use a Mercinary for Charter They have the art of arranging to meet you down to a science. There are plenty of folks willing to help you, please don't give up.

Ensign
May 11, 2010
OK I took your advice and tried one more time. I held back and let them come to me and it worked. I did it!!!!! It truly was my last attempt. Thanks so much to all who replied.

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
lola1088 on Jun 7, 2013 wrote:
This is a case of not having your class setup right and your companions setup not good and not using good tactics.

There is no other way to sugar coat it if your that high and your companions are that high and your still unable to pass that fight you wont be able to pass 3 or 4 other instances i can think of in aquila/marleybone.

Now this may sound mean but its not i have no issue in meeting you ingame and trying to help with building your group up better and giving you a bit better tactics when battling.

Getting this far to just give up without atleast trying to figure out what your doing wrong or asking someone what your doing wrong or asking for help from someone would be imo a waste of the time you put into the game.

Again i am more then happy to guide you(hopefully your a witchdoctor)and help set up your companions better.

Cruel Darius Blake(65)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
lola1088 on Jun 8, 2013 wrote:
OK I took your advice and tried one more time. I held back and let them come to me and it worked. I did it!!!!! It truly was my last attempt. Thanks so much to all who replied.
You are most welcome . It is what we are here for and I am so thrilled for you and very proud of you for digging down to the stubborn pirate in you and you Finally pulled it off. Congratulations x hands a cold yum x

Lieutenant
May 24, 2009
For every single fight I ever fight and will ever fight, I always spend the first round giving my companions boosts. I sometimes move up the companions that have Overwatch or First Strike. Never just charge in, because the enemies that have the Overwatch and First Strike will damage your companions before they even lay a hand on them. On the second round, I continue to give my companions boosts, and I send in my companions. I always attack the weakest first, unless there are special battle requirements. I focus all of my companions on one target to knock them out quickly. Knocking them out quickly is very effective, because the less enemies you have to fight the less damage your companions receive. Keep in mind I am a high level Privateer that has a lot of boost powers.
Hope this helps!

Have a Great Day!Lvl 54

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on May 24, 2013 wrote:
Three waves of redcoats actually (although the last one you only have to defeat the boss)-- yes, that was quite an interesting surprise, wasn't it? I did the encounter tonight, and made it through the first time (barely, but a win is a win!), but if I was to do it over again I'd be more prepared, and my strategy would be:
1) Have at least an additional musketeer besides Bonnie Anne, maybe all musketeers (although Sarah Steele did well until she died).
2) Have every healing spell I could on my person. Fortunately, I had already packed several through my equipment. Check out the bazaar and see if any equipment there has healing spells if you need to.
3) Space out all my spells carefully, knowing I would need them through three successive fights
4) Last fight, focus all my attention on the boss. Yes, he protects himself, but damage still gets through
Each class will have specific advantages, but for my swashbuckler, gallant defense was very helpful, allowing my companions to get through at least one of the fights (I got smacked a lot but I was better able to take it), and I did multiple activities when choosing to hide in shadows (healing, buffing, poisoning) before doing a damage attack. And if you are still having trouble, spend points to bring your companions up as far as you can. I hope this is helpful.
Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
Check out the bazaar and see if any equipment there has healing spells if you need to.

One thing, sorry Anne but you cant get healing spells in the bazaar, anything that says "No Auction" (which is just about everything that gives a card/power: revive, rouse, overwatch, great juju: etc)wont be eligible for sale in the bazaar.

if it give a card it will say no auction on it and it wont be sell able in the bazaar at first i was annoyed with Ki for doing that but then i realized it was for a good reason. so that choice is outa the question but everything else said; good info! *thumbs up*

X

Community Leader
lola1088 on Jun 8, 2013 wrote:
Congrats! Hope to see you in Marleybone soon!

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Congrats, Lola1088!

I have been nervous about this fight since reading this thread and scattered comments elsewhere. We did it last night, and did not have any real trouble. I think the key phrase in the previous sentence is "we": my level 57 witchdoctor did it with her long-time companion, a level 57 privateer, and I suspect that we hit the same number of redcoats and bosses in our fight that you hit solo (4, 4, and 4). We had three crew each, so collectively we outnumbered them two to one. If solo characters have to deal with the same numbers we did, I can see it being a very tough fight.

My level 50 swashbuckler should be finding out in the not-to-distant future, since I have returned to him so he can finish MooShoo.

The moral of the story seems to be, if you are stuck, find someone to do it with you. I am fortunate that there are two of us playing in my household.

-Indigo

Petty Officer
Oct 31, 2012
I cant get my Level 51 buccaneer through the 3rd battle. Have played all the adventures in the game so cant gain anymore experiance. I stopped gaining experiance half way through mooshu because I maxed out when level 50 was the highest you could go. The extra levels sure would be useful now. Held my swashbuckler at level 49 until marleybones was up and running so was at Level 55 when I did this battle! No problem!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Sensible Seamus on Sep 1, 2013 wrote:
I cant get my Level 51 buccaneer through the 3rd battle. Have played all the adventures in the game so cant gain anymore experiance. I stopped gaining experiance half way through mooshu because I maxed out when level 50 was the highest you could go. The extra levels sure would be useful now. Held my swashbuckler at level 49 until marleybones was up and running so was at Level 55 when I did this battle! No problem!
There are a lot of tips for that battle in this thread that might help you. Although you are correct, I was amazed how much higher I got when I brought my lower levels up through Mooshu when the level cap was gone. It did make it a bit easier.