Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Why is the amount in the mooshu chests so low

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
The gold chest that are scattered around Mooshu have such a low amount of gold in them that they are almost not worth opening. I realize that this is free gold so I don't want to 'Look a gift chest in the mouth' but in Cool Ranch they average from 35 to over 200 gold pieces. You get more gold from the chests in Avery's Court than you do in Mooshu. They average from 2 to 10 pieces. As Mooshu is a higher world this just seems illogical to the gradual progression of this gift loot that is standard in other worlds. I have only seen one chest that had over 100 in it and once it was almost 1000 gold. It is the one island that you go to to defeat General Tso. Is this reduction of the game's generosity on purpose or a glitch?

Developer
I'll check it out.

I don't place the chests in the world-- we have a team of crafty leprechauns who spend all their free time finding nooks and crannies to hide chests.

But I do oversee the loot tables, so I might be able to find a glitch.

There's not a *huge* increase in gold from world to world but on average it should be a bit better in the higher level worlds.

Out of curiosity-- Do you guys keep a list of where all the hidden chests may spawn?

Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Ratbeard on Apr 22, 2013 wrote:
I'll check it out.

I don't place the chests in the world-- we have a team of crafty leprechauns who spend all their free time finding nooks and crannies to hide chests.

There's not a *huge* increase in gold from world to world but on average it should be a bit better in the higher level worlds.

Out of curiosity-- Do you guys keep a list of where all the hidden chests may spawn?
I've noticed that chests spawn in the exact same places a lot and I do it when I find it and come back later when I need gold and other players do it to and they make a list so they know where to go to get gold fast
Find me in the game
Slick Cody Jones privateer lvl 50
Merciless Ethan Jenkins swashbuckler lvl 50

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I'll check it out.

Only in my head, but I would not be surprised to find one on one of the fan sites lol. There are a lot of list makers out there that love to publish them much to our delight.

Administrator
I'll check it out.

I've seen the start of one over on Central:

http://pirate101.centralforums.com/forums/showthread.php?25525-Illustrated-Guide-to-Treasure-Chest-Locations&highlight=guide+treasure+chest

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*