Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Teen Pirate Companion

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
Why in the world would anyone want a teen companion in the game? If KI ever implemented something like this, it should be in the crown shop so I can guarantee my option of NOT getting one. I would never want a teen companion in the game. Period.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Dr Zeppers on May 3, 2013 wrote:
Its simpler from the standpoint that it lets people play the game the way they want, and not force a specific interest groups concept (a teen companion) on all players.

The game doesnt focus on any particular interest group, its a family game.

They would be better off offering everyone a human companion of their choice (varied ages to help ANY player identify with the game), and not force a "teen" upon all players.

Because such a concept is good for some, doesnt make it good for all.

Think BIG PICTURE, not focus groups....
its not FORCING anything on ANYONE, it a side quest!

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
Speed Switch on May 4, 2013 wrote:
You might suggest it as a side quest, but there are many many players who play ALL of the content, including side quest, so, your point is moot.

Ensign
Jun 23, 2010
Yes it is FORCING players who want to complete all quests to take this companion. At level 50 we can only bench three companions.

IMO this would be a great addition to the Crown Shop where it is TRULY optional.

Community Leader
Which we have already established that you must do to "complete" the game (ie get badges)
I seriously dont want the desires of a specific interest group to control the direction of the game.

Its just not right. I dont want a teenager companion, I dont want to skip a side quest because of a companion that breaks all prior precedent in KI games.

Quit trying to force your idea on others, I have my opinion, you have yours.

Let KI sort it out.

KI, I have faith in you in this regard... Thanks for all ya do.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Dr Zeppers on May 3, 2013 wrote:
KI's formula already crosses gender, and age barriers.
Why focus on a particular interest group only (ie Teens)?

I think they need to stick to non-human characters.

Creating characters that cater only to a select age group is how customers get separated into cliques, and the next thing you know everyones argueing.

Making a character a crown character simplifies things allowing those that want the companion to purchase him, and those that do not want them, to not have them.

I dont think its simpler to give the "teens" what they want and just force everyone else to deal with it.
Thats a poor approach IMO.
Oh forget it

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
Guys, this was supposed to be where some ideas were made, not fights.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
guys, it sa pirate, that looks like your, like young alex, big deall!! its not actually a teenager, or if it is, there are no age references so enough with the teen thing!

Gunner's Mate
Jul 03, 2011
I think, if the companion was put in the crown store, it may be ok but then what about the players who don't have crowns or cant buy them? What if they wanted the companion? But then, if you put the companion in the game as part of a side quest, some players who want to beat the game are forced to have a companion they don't want. Now, I don't think that it's that big of a deal to get a companion you don't want. I have a few that I dislike so I try to not use them. But, instead of putting the companion in the crown store or making it part of a side quest, why not have a companion vendor where you can buy companions for low amounts of gold? Or better yet, give us a choice whether we let the companions join our crew or not. Instead of just having: "Yar!" whenever we recruit a new companion, how about having a choice between: "Yar!" or "Nay..."

Thanks for reading my suggestion.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Xiriganism on Apr 11, 2013 wrote:
Hey All,

Wouldn't it be awesome if we got a companion later in the game that was a human pirate such as yourself? I mean you know, like the henchmen in W101 - except a companion!

They could be a relative or acquaintance - the possibilities are vast.

I personally would love that - and it could be either a guy or girl - I personally would get a girl XD.

And different schools may get a different type. It could conform to the patter in which we get our Firstmates.

Ie: A Witchdoctor would get a swashbuckler and he/she would have a Crit+3, Assassins Strike, and Walk In The Shadows.

Now that, would be just plain cool...
A teen pirate companion that would be cool he could a that companion who wants to do everything his/her way and doesn't really get along with the group I think it would be interesting maybe they would be like the starter companions rival since their are already rivalries like catbeard and ratbeard, hawkules and el toro both heroes trying to be the best and brag, and then starter CP and teen CP fighting to be pirates favorite. It would be an interesting thing to see one day good idea and wow a lot of fighting going on don't even know how it happened

Slick Cody Jones privateer lvl 59
Merciless Ethan Jenkins swashbuckler lvl 64

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Dashing Roberto Sh... on Apr 13, 2013 wrote:
It would be cool if you got a wizard companion, they'd all be witch-doctors in this game probably except maybe life wizard they might be privateers with long range attacks.

E.g.
Buccaneers would get a Ice Wizard and a Moon Wizard
Swashbucklers would get a Storm Wizard and a Star Wizard
Musketeers would get a Fire Wizard and a Sun Wizard
Witch-doctors would get a Death Wizard and a Myth Wizard
Privateers would get a Life Wizard and a Balance Wizard

I know you can't start off as a celestial wizard but thought it would be cool plus you can't give Privateers 3 new companions at once (Privateers normally get more companions then the other classes) so i thought they'd be spread out.

Dashing Roberto Sharp Level 50 Swashbuckler
Musketeer would get Fire? -eye twitches- I'd hope that if something like that happened we musketeers wouldn't have to have a fire wizard. I'd much prefer Balance.

Sorry, sorry, I've had bad experiences with those Pyromancers...

Petty Officer
May 14, 2010
So, here's my idea:

Your pirate is actually a TWIN. You discover this on the way to da next world, (Krokotopia, anyone?) your Presidio companion tells you that they have something to confess. So you find your twin on a Armada ship, he/she (I think that boys should get girls and vice versa) has been captured cause they had a piece of the El Dorado map. In order to protect it, he/she tore into three pieces. Kane has one, your twin has another, and the Stormgate swept the last one away. The fact that Kane base one I think will lead to a MASSIVE SHOWDOWN at the end of the books. So you go up and beat up the armada, get the keys to the cell, get the map, and recruit your brother/sister (no duh.Who wouldn't?).

Here is a guideline:

>insert random first name here< >insert PC's last name here<

Class: Witchdoctor-Privateer
Privateer- Buccaneer
Buccaneer-Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler-Witchdoctor

Promos: first- <class> Vagabond
Second- <class> Quartermaster
Third- <class> Captain

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Highlander Fox of ... on Jun 12, 2013 wrote:
Musketeer would get Fire? -eye twitches- I'd hope that if something like that happened we musketeers wouldn't have to have a fire wizard. I'd much prefer Balance.

Sorry, sorry, I've had bad experiences with those Pyromancers...
Well to quote Mr. Tumnus in The Lion The Witch & The Wardrobe (the screenplay, the recent release: "Then you must have had a very small sampling" As my first wizard was a pyromancer, Christina Lionrider, and my second a life, Christina Lifegiver. I took pride in being a good pyromancer and helped all whenever I could. Using my powers to help others when they needed it. I do hope that the fellow pyromancers good deeds would warm your heart much more than any burns you received from the poor ones. Please direct any burn issues to my healer and I will do my best to make it all better
This could be why my oldest and strongest pirate to date is a healer/privateer

Petty Officer
Jun 09, 2009
There's actually more types of wizards than pirates, so it wouldn't make much sense to give each pirate class a wizard. I feel that each pirate should get their own type of class since I work well with my swashbuckler companions. Sarah Steele, El Toro, and Neko have always been my friend 'till the end. I'd be really happy to see my favorite class by my side.
And another thing to point out, I don't think all of us are teens here. It would be better to have a companion with an unknown age (in my opinion) instead of a teen when you're a kid/adult. Keep in mind that the game was for people Ages 10+ but some of us aren't even that old. KI really has no power over us when it comes to getting personal information. I joined W101 when I was 8 and I don't think anyone knew how old I was then. Another reason why we shouldn't think that everyone here is 10+

~Noble Mistydove, level 65 Swashbuckler
"And there she is..." - Leopard The Silent

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Xiriganism on Apr 15, 2013 wrote:
More Stuff XD

I have an Idea - The story could be as follows:

This pirate could be one of the many pirates looking for Eldorado too. He/She had a lead and thought they might try to gain some ground in finding the treasure; seeing that they knew a thing or 2 about your parents. However, they had failed and gotten caught by the dastardly armada and locked away deep in their tightest dungeons (After all, they remembered what happened to Deacon the last time a pirate of that sort came waltzing in XD.) And you could hear about this from a randomer in Marleybone and decided to try to save them. (judging Marleybone is the next world). For saving them, they join your crew and decided to help you look instead.

Judging on how the expansion goes, they could come up at lvl 56 or 60. It could be a very tough side quest (so it doesnt interfere with the main story) that gives 2500xp - 2000gold 4 companions Training Points and "Its A Surprise"

It would be so cool to have a pirate such as yourself with actual voice acting. (The voice acting in Pirate101 I must say, is outstanding! With notable voices being One-Eyed-Jack, Ratbeard, El Toro, Bonnie, Scratch, Kobe, and a few others with nice voice acting.)

And who knows, they could even get a promotion one day!

THIS would be too cool...
or even better! he/she, in my case she (i would honestly love to have a booty kicking girl on my team who DOESNT have an attitude like sarah) would be trying to break out, and so when you came to help her, she took you for an enemy, and so you have to battle her, you and a companion vs her and a companion (now this companion could die whilst your trying to break free, this way complications wont come up about you getting that companion too).

and then when you win you explain to here your here to help (this would be a MIGHTY long dungeon) and you have to break out the rest of way with her being an ally. yes, as much as i hate allies it make most sense, after she see your valiant battling skill, she joins you, at the end of the dungeon. this is such a good idea! please stop fouling the post by putting the whole teen thing into it. just, think about it!

X

she could have like six privateer skills on her roaster.

Espirit De corpse

Revive

Valor armor

Enduring Discipline

-And then some attacks-

Brutal Strike

Ghost Wale

Talents of Jack Russel, and same amount of life.

hmm too powerful?

Petty Officer
Jun 09, 2009
Speed Switch on Jun 18, 2013 wrote:
or even better! he/she, in my case she (i would honestly love to have a booty kicking girl on my team who DOESNT have an attitude like sarah) would be trying to break out, and so when you came to help her, she took you for an enemy, and so you have to battle her, you and a companion vs her and a companion (now this companion could die whilst your trying to break free, this way complications wont come up about you getting that companion too).

and then when you win you explain to here your here to help (this would be a MIGHTY long dungeon) and you have to break out the rest of way with her being an ally. yes, as much as i hate allies it make most sense, after she see your valiant battling skill, she joins you, at the end of the dungeon. this is such a good idea! please stop fouling the post by putting the whole teen thing into it. just, think about it!

X

she could have like six privateer skills on her roaster.

Espirit De corpse

Revive

Valor armor

Enduring Discipline

-And then some attacks-

Brutal Strike

Ghost Wale

Talents of Jack Russel, and same amount of life.

hmm too powerful?
Sarah Steele's attitude really doesn't bother me at all. I would think that most girl pirates that do a lot of damage have an attitude. Privateers are already OP, so I would recommend not giving their companions 3000 health at level 50. It would also be nice if Swashbuckler companions could do a bit more damage just so we can strike harder when it comes to having to defeat a Privateer that has all their companions protected with Valor's Armor.

These are just my opinions, but I'd really like to see a Swashbuckler companion with the following skills

Walk in Darkness
Assassin's Shroud
Assassin's Strike

~Noble Mistydove, level 65 Swashbuckler

Lieutenant
Apr 30, 2011
Maybe they will be wizards, and if we go to Wizard City, we get them there? Hmm... Great idea, by the way.

Jacob

Ensign
Jul 06, 2012
I love the idea, and I have an idea for the story: (sorry for my bad English)

After the Wizard adventure, there could have been a problem that awakened the Three Titans. They continued their war, and it destroyed Wizard City. Now the rests of Wizard City are lost in Avernus (they mixed with DragonSpyre). Some of the Wizards traveled to the ruins of Azteca, because it was one of the safest places after the apocalypse. Without the Ravenwood school, wizardry was forgotten and the Wizards became Pirates. Your Wizard (if you already played W101 with a male Wizard) was one of the leaders of the establishment on the ruins of Azteca, and became one of the greatest Pirates in history. We have no imae of our father in P101, so it could be him (or a random Wizard if you didn't play with a male Wizard). One day, when you were young, he learned then Wysteria survived the apocalypse, and the pigs are still practicing magic. With some hope to restore magic in the world, goes to an adventure to find Wysteria with your mother, and they die, wizardry is lost again.

So, let's get back to our Pirate. The next world, I think, will be Valencia. So, you do just like Boochbeard does to us: we attack a ship and find a prisoner in it. A human prisoner. You discover you're brothers/sisters or whatever, because he was raised in Skull Island with your uncle, and he knows your parent's story, and he has been captured searching for his lost brother/sister: you.

He is not the same class as you, and has not all the powers of his class, but he is very strong.

(When I say he it could also be she)

That's my version.

Noble Nicholas Nichols level 65