Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A question for one eyed jack

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 16, 2009
Hey i was just wondering
why did you pick one eyed jack as your screen name?
why not another pirate101 character?

Administrator
Oh sure! When I arrived at KingsIsle, they tried to guide me toward Avery or one of the Trainers (and I doubled as Avery on Twitter during Alpha and Beta until we received our official Pirate101 handle), but in Pirate101 there seemed to be one character who was barely a step ahead of the player while still leading them to their next destination and cashing in on favors left and right. One-Eyed Jack feels mobile and "in the game" vs. Avery who sits in his office. Jack is sly, flawed, and oddly charismatic at the same time, and that made him a natural choice for me . . . he's just a really cool pirate--ultimately found in a tavern at the top of a stitched-together hodgepodge island of old shipwrecks--a guy like that knows a thing or three.

And if that seems an odd choice, for Wizard101 I chose Dworgyn as my analog . . . TENURE FOR DWORGYN!

Thanks!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
x Signs petition for Tenure for Dworgyn x