Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Guinea pig vs crab

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
May 06, 2012
My friend says burges (do not think I spelled that right) says gaspard de vole is horrible and bureges (again with spelling) could beat him. Who do you think would win and why?
Quiet Zachary Armstrong

Lieutenant
Feb 03, 2012
I think your trying to spell out Birgus Latro, and my personal opinion, I prefer Birgus. He just so cool in his final tier, his armor rocks, but if you look at both their stats, I believe they have exactly the same stats with the only natural differnce being their starting epics. So really it's a battle of personal preference for anybody, in a stat based logical battle, it would depend on the types of talents and epics we decide they should have.

Ensign
Nov 18, 2012
AstroStorm on Mar 6, 2013 wrote:
I think your trying to spell out Birgus Latro, and my personal opinion, I prefer Birgus. He just so cool in his final tier, his armor rocks, but if you look at both their stats, I believe they have exactly the same stats with the only natural differnce being their starting epics. So really it's a battle of personal preference for anybody, in a stat based logical battle, it would depend on the types of talents and epics we decide they should have.
Birgus Epic Tier:

First Strike
Vengeance Strike (starts with)
Blade Storm
Second Chance
Cheap Shot

Gaspard Epic Tier:

First Strike (starts with)
Blade Storm
Riposte
Repel Boarders
Flanking

As you can see, their epics are actually quite different, and Gaspard's are better IMO.

Lieutenant
Feb 03, 2012
N1ckee on Mar 7, 2013 wrote:
Birgus Epic Tier:

First Strike
Vengeance Strike (starts with)
Blade Storm
Second Chance
Cheap Shot

Gaspard Epic Tier:

First Strike (starts with)
Blade Storm
Riposte
Repel Boarders
Flanking

As you can see, their epics are actually quite different, and Gaspard's are better IMO.
Yeah, I know their epics, I have both of them active on my account. If I've learned anything on this game is that just like w101, it depends just as much on luck as skill and power. Keep in mind they still have the exact same starting stats, same accuracy, dodge, armor, etc. The only good talents Gaspard has is first strike, riposte, and maybe flanking, blade storm and boarders are useless sicne we have a 1v1. Birgus on the other hand has a vengeance, first strike, and second chance, he can strike first, block or atatck again, and hit if he misses. Gaspard can strike first, attack if he blocks, and a bonus attack if he's in the right position. However this situation is purely fan based and modified, the luck factor is still absent, plus this is my opinion so I'll most likely be backing up Birgus.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Let me see...

Looking at my preferences for the relevant feats, from favorite to least favorite:

Flanking (Gaspard)

Second Chance (Birgus) (Becoming a bigger fan of this ability all the time)

Riposte (Gaspard) ties with Vengeance Strike (Birgus starts with)

First Strike (Birgus and starting for Gaspard)

Cheap Shot (Birgus) ties with Repel Boarders (Gaspard)

Blade Storm (Birgus and Gaspard)

So, in my personal ranking of these skills, they are very close, with a slight nod to Gaspard.

-Michael