Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Powers lineup

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 26, 2012
The "new" setting for choosing which powers are more "likely" to show up is cute and feel-good but as my niece has noticed, there is no obvious change in what shows up when. The lesser powers still appear at the same frequency as before even though she has placed them at the end of the list. Pretty much the same situation as the companion list and having the lesser companions at the end of the list but they still appear with a higher frequency than the percentage below their name.

Ensign
Dec 22, 2008
I ran a test with my level 5 Swashbuckler:

Powers Lineup Order they appeared

1 Sneak Attack 3
2 Sneak Attack 4
3 Ghostwail 5
4 Rouse 6
5 Mojo Strike 1
6 Rouse 7
7 Walk in Shadows 2

After 7 battles, saving Nick, Batacudas and Flying Fish the order never changed. So I don't think it's working random as intended. Also logged off and back on, no change in order.

Developer
ArmyofOne49 on Feb 28, 2013 wrote:
I ran a test with my level 5 Swashbuckler:

Powers Lineup Order they appeared

1 Sneak Attack 3
2 Sneak Attack 4
3 Ghostwail 5
4 Rouse 6
5 Mojo Strike 1
6 Rouse 7
7 Walk in Shadows 2

After 7 battles, saving Nick, Batacudas and Flying Fish the order never changed. So I don't think it's working random as intended. Also logged off and back on, no change in order.
When we display powers in your hand, we sort them for you, highest level on the left, lowest level on the right.

So if you only have 7 powers, of course they will all show up in your hand every time, and in the same order.

Community Leader
Bloodwynde on Feb 28, 2013 wrote:
The "new" setting for choosing which powers are more "likely" to show up is cute and feel-good but as my niece has noticed, there is no obvious change in what shows up when. The lesser powers still appear at the same frequency as before even though she has placed them at the end of the list. Pretty much the same situation as the companion list and having the lesser companions at the end of the list but they still appear with a higher frequency than the percentage below their name.
I tested it with my level 45 Witchdoctor who has 1 and a half pages of abilities and absolutely noticed a difference in what was showing up when. I never saw the abilities I put at the end of the list and always had the ones I put in the first 2-3 rows. You have to think of the ability arranger working the same way the companion arranger works: the higher on the list, the more likely it will show up.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Ensign
Apr 05, 2012
Talkin The Plank on Mar 7, 2013 wrote:
I tested it with my level 45 Witchdoctor who has 1 and a half pages of abilities and absolutely noticed a difference in what was showing up when. I never saw the abilities I put at the end of the list and always had the ones I put in the first 2-3 rows. You have to think of the ability arranger working the same way the companion arranger works: the higher on the list, the more likely it will show up.
I am not finding this to be true.
With my Privateer, who has over a page of ability's, I have seen the very last power show up first and the first power not show up until five turns later.
I even had to check to make sure the order hadn't changed somehow lol.

I can not think about it the same as companion arrangement because with companions my first guy will always come up first. If I could just count on the power in the #1 slot to come up first, I'd be a happy pirate