Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Gold Monkey

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Feb 13, 2013
The Gold Monkey is too hard for me to do by myself.Can someone help me?

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
MooshuFanatic500 on Feb 19, 2013 wrote:
The Gold Monkey is too hard for me to do by myself.Can someone help me?
I do all of the side quests as I go along, and so far all of my characters have managed to defeat Gortez on their first attempt, although it is usually close (I remember my buccaneer's entire crew went down and he had 2 hit points left when the Big Guy dropped). So if you have not been doing the side quests, they really do help make your pirate tougher (and richer, and help him improve his crew).

Another option is to go to one of the busier realms and wait outside his lair until someone else comes along, and ask them if they want to team up for the fight.

-Michael

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
To amend my previous post:

You will have to team up with someone before entering the little village, and between you do the little quests to demonstrate you are worthy of meeting Gortez.

Also, since there is a badge and reward if you beat Gortez 25 times, I expect he will not be a hard one to find assistance for.

A couple of tips for beating him: remember, once he drops down, you only have to beat him. The crowwbowmen are extraneous. Also, he always jumps down in the same place. I usually have my best melee people waiting in that area before I trigger the last mirror.

Good luck!

-Michael

First Mate
May 01, 2012
I have found that it is best to defeat the Monkeys that are there first. Then I activate three statues that are farthest from where Gortez drops down. Set up all my Companions and me where Gortez drops down and activate the last statue. Concentrate all attacks on Gortez and he usually goes down in two to three rounds.

The reason I fight the Monkeys that are there first is that then they can't damage me while I'm fighting Gortez. He is not alone. Other Monkeys come with him to fight and they are stronger than the first bunch. I would rather take less damage while fighting Gortez even if it costs me a Companion. I also use Rouse and Bonnie Anne's heal during both fights to keep my Companions alive.

Ensign
Jun 07, 2013
The gold monkey was pretty hard but I did it with a friend so try to find a friend or you can do the side quests first to level up if you can.