Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Range addition for musketeers not on specials

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 28, 2008
I recently trained a +1 to range on all attacks <Sniper> through the regular trainer (level 18ish). I have noticed that all my special attacks remain the same area of effect. Is that correct? Does the +1 only effect your regular attacks and not your skill attacks?

Developer
As you have obviously discovered, it varies, depending on the power.

Some powers only allow you to benefit from increased range within certain boundaries-- the "cone" type attacks, for example, limit how much extra range is applied. (They didn't always do that, but they were just bananas once you got above about 5 squares...)

Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2012
Yup only regular, that was why at 50 i passed to sword and pistol .

Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2012
Ratbeard on Jan 16, 2013 wrote:
As you have obviously discovered, it varies, depending on the power.

Some powers only allow you to benefit from increased range within certain boundaries-- the "cone" type attacks, for example, limit how much extra range is applied. (They didn't always do that, but they were just bananas once you got above about 5 squares...)
In my opinion, the damage is too much low ^^, also the last stage of that cone attack does the same damage of the second one (+25%), it should be a little higher ^^ (i would say at least +50%), in any case cone attacks of musketeer are my last favorite skills after the - % dodge "column" attacks, only few mobs worth a use of that skill also because for to use them we need to have mobs in line and this is another reason because i passed to melee/pistol weapons, for to not waste a turn in movement since rarely the mobs are so kind to put themselves in line with you ,figure it in pvp... Also passives like double tap are not applied with skills at all and with melee/pistol weapons equipped too, but honestly i don't miss them too much since the range advantage usually would be for just few turns and is more convenient to wait enemies to approach and nuke them ^^ = damage stacking > than range, not mentiong that witchdoctor skills can do more damage and there are staffs with 6 range (meantime can get at max 6 with one middle level rifle and for all the rest the max range is 5).

Infact i am considering to reset my musketeer skills and leave all those cone/column attacks and keep just one from gear, i found them to just spam my skill bar , focussing enemies at end is better than aoe ^^.

Petty Officer
Nov 28, 2008
Clownsanity on Jan 18, 2013 wrote:
In my opinion, the damage is too much low ^^, also the last stage of that cone attack does the same damage of the second one (+25%), it should be a little higher ^^ (i would say at least +50%), in any case cone attacks of musketeer are my last favorite skills after the - % dodge "column" attacks, only few mobs worth a use of that skill also because for to use them we need to have mobs in line and this is another reason because i passed to melee/pistol weapons, for to not waste a turn in movement since rarely the mobs are so kind to put themselves in line with you ,figure it in pvp... Also passives like double tap are not applied with skills at all and with melee/pistol weapons equipped too, but honestly i don't miss them too much since the range advantage usually would be for just few turns and is more convenient to wait enemies to approach and nuke them ^^ = damage stacking > than range, not mentiong that witchdoctor skills can do more damage and there are staffs with 6 range (meantime can get at max 6 with one middle level rifle and for all the rest the max range is 5).

Infact i am considering to reset my musketeer skills and leave all those cone/column attacks and keep just one from gear, i found them to just spam my skill bar , focussing enemies at end is better than aoe ^^.
How do you reset your musketeer skills? The reset skills button I know of only resets your Practice Points. I would LOVE to have access to something like that.