Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

All different origin galleons at 50.

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
I made a post and tried to mention this before, but, it got buried in the past and I really never got a response to this. Well, opinions and thoughts about this, anyway.

I would want to get me a pirate origin galleon at level 50. You know, with level 50 stats, currently being 100 accuracy and dodge,e tc etc.

And maybe not just pirate origin. For those that like the Bison origin ships, have a bison origin galleon you could buy at level 50.

But I would like to be able to buy me a Pirate origin galleon at level 50. Maybe in Mooshu somewhere. I have a Cutthroat figurehead I would really want to use at level 50, but I do NOT want to attach it to a frigate. I want a galleon.

And, speaking of that, why not have all the figureheads (just like horns) be attachable to ALL ships? Greater customization, and greater player satisfaction when it comes to tailoring their own ship.

Point is, I want to see Pirate origin and Bison origin galleons be available at level 50 with the respective level 50 stats.

Community Leader
Shiningfantasia on Jan 2, 2013 wrote:
I made a post and tried to mention this before, but, it got buried in the past and I really never got a response to this. Well, opinions and thoughts about this, anyway.

I would want to get me a pirate origin galleon at level 50. You know, with level 50 stats, currently being 100 accuracy and dodge,e tc etc.

And maybe not just pirate origin. For those that like the Bison origin ships, have a bison origin galleon you could buy at level 50.

But I would like to be able to buy me a Pirate origin galleon at level 50. Maybe in Mooshu somewhere. I have a Cutthroat figurehead I would really want to use at level 50, but I do NOT want to attach it to a frigate. I want a galleon.

And, speaking of that, why not have all the figureheads (just like horns) be attachable to ALL ships? Greater customization, and greater player satisfaction when it comes to tailoring their own ship.

Point is, I want to see Pirate origin and Bison origin galleons be available at level 50 with the respective level 50 stats.
If money is no object, there is a lvl 50 Pirate Origin ship available: The Sharktooth Frigate from the Cutthroat bundle. No, I'm sure you prefer to purchase one with gold in game, but I don't think this is a feature they will add. Doing so would kind of mark lvl 50 as the end of the game, which it isn't. I was just thinking about this the other day. Why are there not more varieties of ships and ship parts available to lvl 50 players? Why are almost all of the lvl 50 abilities underwhelming? I think the answer is that this isn't suppose to be where we stop. The game will grow and expand and, when it does, any content breadth that was added for lvl 50 will be summarily skipped by the next generation of pirates to come through, as they will quickly surpass the usefulness of having 4 different lvl 50 ships available while they are trying to fight lvl 70 ships!

While I too would like to see more variety is what is currently available, I can understand why they are doing it this way.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
I see what you are saying.

In terms of Pirate origin and Bison origin, why could they not just be purchasable at Cool Ranch and Valencia and Port Regal?

I say, if not at 50, then have ALL origin ships be available at all ports that allow for ship upgrades. For example. In Cool Ranch, why not have a Pirate origin ship upgrade available? Same price and size as its Bison counterpart.

In the next world, you can buy ALL origin ships, including an upgraded Mooshu and Royal Navy. That is what I mean. And at this current part of the game, have the ability to buy a Pirate origin or Bison origin Galleon. Whether it is the end of the game or not, simply continue to be able to buy whatever origin you like best, as upgrades come along, whether at 60, 70, 80, etc. I think all origin ships should be available, simply because they offer their own unique look and ship design, and because it would tailor more to player customization, and a more personal ship. Especially once ship cabins become available, and crew placement, and etc.

I do have the pirate origin frigate from the Cutthroat bundle. But I don't want to use the frigate. I want a galleon. So, why not have pirate origin galleons available at level 50? Or Bison for that matter? I kind of like the whole tribal kind of look. Same goes for Monquistador origin, actually. I almost always forget about that.

Skull Island - Pirate origin ships.
Monquista - No upgrades available that would top out over a Pirate Galleon purchased in Scrimshaw.
Valencia - No upgrades available that would top out over a Pirate Galleon purchased in Scrimshaw.

(Even the Monquistador origin ship given out as a reward will not be any more powerful than the Pirate origin ship purchased in Scrimshaw.)

Cool Ranch - Pirate origin ships and Monquistador origin ships available along with the Bison origin ships. Ships in that world would also drop ship parts for all those respective origins.

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
Port Regal - Have the pirate origin, monquistador origin, bison origin, and the Royal navy origin ships available (all as the upgraded skiffs, just like the current royal navy skiff available there).

Cool Ranch part 2 - Have the pirate origin, monquistador origin, bison origin, and the royal navy origin ships there as available (all as the upgraded galleons, just like the current bison galleon available there).

Mooshu - Have the Pirate origin, monquistador origin, and the bison origin ships available (all as the upgraded frigates and galleons, just like the current samoorai and royal navy frigates and galleons there).

See where I am going? I would like to be able to have a pirate origin ship, throughout all parts of the world, whether Mooshu is the end world or not. Also at level 60, 70, 80, 90, etc etc I would like to have a pirate origin ship upgrade available whenever you are able to buy upgraded ships.

Community Leader
I had viewed this as different ships, of different origins, having different strengths/looks on purpose. This made perfect sense to me.

The idea that each origin of ship could be upgradeable to the higher tiers of ships (outside of its current designed range) seems rather unusual to me. I think this would cause a dischord with ship equipment too.

If its a matter of looks/preference, I do recall a discussion in Beta about ship stitching, in which case in theory, one could stitch the look of a pirate origin galleon to the stats of another ship.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
Seems rather silly to me. Also still seems silly to me that I could not buy me a level 50 Pirate origin Galleon. Or a level 50 Bison origin Galleon.

But I suppose I'll just have to wait until I can "stitch" a ship. Which makes the whole thing even more silly.