Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Bored already

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 27, 2009
Hello everyone . I was a very avid player of wizard101 and really enjoyed the game so I decided to try this one about 2 months ago . At first it was great lots of fun running around doing things . But as I went on I found a couple things that are really just killing this game for me they aren't really severe but are making me grow extremely bored with this game already .

1. Fights take to long . Sure fighting is fun but I've seen a single fight take 10 or more minutes . If you have to defeat 12 of those enemies thats an awful lot of time doing the same thing repetively

2.Traveling from place to place . There are times that I have to spend so much time traveling from one spot to another that I nearly fall asleep waiting to get there . I have been reduced to doing maybe 1 quest a day because of this after 2-3 hours of traveling to places I'm at for maybe 5 minutes each and then seeing I have to go straight back to where I started I kind of just go UGH! and exit the game .

3.To many repeated enemies . Just how many times does kingsisle think I can stand fighting blackstorm raiders before I get bored and go play another game

4.Abilities . Once you get past having the intial slots filled theres no way to scroll thru them to get the one you need/want . Or atleast if there is I havent found it .

That last oen I can live with but the others are really making me consider leaving this game because of the level of boredum they cause . I really wish they would make some adjustments to these aspects of the game

Ensign
Jun 14, 2012
skitzofrea on Dec 29, 2012 wrote:
Hello everyone . I was a very avid player of wizard101 and really enjoyed the game so I decided to try this one about 2 months ago . At first it was great lots of fun running around doing things . But as I went on I found a couple things that are really just killing this game for me they aren't really severe but are making me grow extremely bored with this game already .

1. Fights take to long . Sure fighting is fun but I've seen a single fight take 10 or more minutes . If you have to defeat 12 of those enemies thats an awful lot of time doing the same thing repetively

2.Traveling from place to place . There are times that I have to spend so much time traveling from one spot to another that I nearly fall asleep waiting to get there . I have been reduced to doing maybe 1 quest a day because of this after 2-3 hours of traveling to places I'm at for maybe 5 minutes each and then seeing I have to go straight back to where I started I kind of just go UGH! and exit the game .

3.To many repeated enemies . Just how many times does kingsisle think I can stand fighting blackstorm raiders before I get bored and go play another game

4.Abilities . Once you get past having the intial slots filled theres no way to scroll thru them to get the one you need/want . Or atleast if there is I havent found it .

That last oen I can live with but the others are really making me consider leaving this game because of the level of boredum they cause . I really wish they would make some adjustments to these aspects of the game
The fights I think aren't to long, I mean I know there long but I don't think ther 10 minutes. For traveling: Yes finally someone understands my pain, it takes so long. The reapeated enemy thing is going to be okay but I don't have the galleon yet (mooshu) just the frigate so my only coice is to have them bored me and then I kick their butt but it takes so long. And with the abillities it's part of the challenge. It is kind've annoying but the good thing is I turn my self invisible,It opens up a slot, then I turn make my self have critical attacks, it opens up another slot (all of these slot are filling up with more specials) And then I attack with my strongest + being on there ship = something like 350 damage for 5 attacks and then they are bleeding. It takes forever, but it's still fun.

Petty Officer
Sep 19, 2010
I have been playing everquest for 10 years always the same thing every expansion with new areas to explore new quests and new character skins, new this, new that, but the game play never changes. This game is no different than any other game in the known universe. Eventually your gonna get bored of doing the same things over and over again. I have left EQ 2 times. Took a year away and then 4 monthes away at 2 different intervals in my life. The point im making is this: Limit your game play to a set amount of time and then do something else come back to it when you feel good about doing more of the same thing LOL then the boredom you are talking about will soon fade away and youll be like dang i dont have enough time to complete this mission cause i have to be done in an hour or 15 minutes or whatever time limit you set for yourself. Once you set time limits everything becomes less of a chore and more fun. Dont spend 8 hour sessions in one sitting or youll be bored out of your mind in no time. Not telling you what to do just advice from someone who has withstood 30 years of gaming. I play this game with my wife so we do something together. Im a gamer and i love playing RPG's no matter what platform they are on. PS3, PC, Xbox, Wii etc etc. Another piece of advice if you are getting bored already is to play with friends or group up with others some of these tedious tasks can be completed in one group battle, for instance; collecting things or killing NPC's. In a group you can get 8 or more mobs in one sitting rather than do 4 individual battles. This speeds up those tedious tasks and makes it more bearable and less boring. Dont be afraid to try new things mix it up in battles try different companions if anything to learn what they are capable of. Switch pirates to a different class, Boredom can be beat you just have to know how.

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
Kaladrir said it. Sounds like you simply have computer game ADD. Everyone will eventually get bored from everything. What makes a certain game really good or not is for how long that game can keep that player from getting bored.

So, I guess, for you, this game makes you get bored fast. But, here is the thing. It sounds like you simply don't like how this game works, rather than getting bored. So, I am not quite sure if you are getting bored to begin with, you just get impatient and cranky.

Ensign
Apr 26, 2010
Ensign
Aug 30, 2011
Admiral
May 30, 2010
fire15679550 on Mar 8, 2013 wrote:
i just want ki to make a new world
Can we let them get the kinks out of the still relatively new game first? I'd love a new world and a raised level cap too, but the game's only been live since October, for heaven's sake. Start a new pirate that plays differently if you're tired of attacking Black Storm ships for a while. Do a couple of the side quests that you've skipped. Go look for the new boss ships and see what they drop for you.